I kinda like how us Blackberry users can just sit back and watch all the drama. Remember all of the hype over apps we couldn't get? Instagram, Draw Something, Temple Run? Word with Friends, etc...

Look at the hype now. Its dead. No one cares anymore.
    Plenty of people use Instagram, as far as the other apps, at least iOS/android users have the option to download those apps. It's frustrating as a BB users (not a bb user right now) to watch other platforms receive the high quality business/entertainment apps while BB receives sub par mediocre apps (compared to other platforms).

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 06:28 AM
    As usual, people immediately believe everything they read. Instagram founder already said tonight there is no way they are selling your photos for any purpose.
    It doesn't matter what this guy says. What matters is the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions clearly state they can sell and distribute you're pictures, personal information,location,age,etc.
    12-19-12 06:33 AM
    I don't bother with those apps anymore, except for Instagram. They get boring after 10 minutes.

I use my BlackBerry for emailing/BBM. Everything else, iPhone.

Twitter and FB is used on whichever phone is closest to me.
    12-19-12 06:44 AM
    Nobody will need instagram if they go through with this policy to use your pictures without your consent.

Sent from the smartphone if my choice using Tapatalk 2
    12-19-12 07:33 AM
    if bb10 instagram like app has good sharing capabilities, then i dont see it as a problem... as more people will just come on over and buy a bb10 device

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 08:05 AM
    It doesn't matter what this guy says. What matters is the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions clearly state they can sell and distribute you're pictures, personal information,location,age,etc.
    He made it clear the terms will be amended to be clear they are not going to sell user content.
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-19-12 08:23 AM
    plenty of people still use them.
    dont get drawn into the trap of saying noone uses apps after a while cos the same rings true for blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    But its true. Im not saying there isn't ANYone using those apps still, I'm saying the hype and popularity for them have gone down. When was the last time you heard someone mention Temple Run? What about Draw Something? even Words With Friends?

The same thing might happen to Instagram.
    12-20-12 01:40 PM
    But its true. Im not saying there isn't ANYone using those apps still, I'm saying the hype and popularity for them have gone down. When was the last time you heard someone mention Temple Run? What about Draw Something? even Words With Friends?

The same thing might happen to Instagram.
    I know loads who play Temple Run still and Draw Something.
    Words with Friends seems to have died down, but i'd say Temple Run probably has more users still then any one app on blackberry. sad but true
    12-20-12 02:00 PM
    I know loads who play Temple Run still and Draw Something.
    Words with Friends seems to have died down, but i'd say Temple Run probably has more users still then any one app on blackberry. sad but true
    I see where you're coming from, but Blackberry's aren't app driven, especially games. So that doesn't really matter.

I've just noticed this trend lately:

1. Apple and Android gets a popular app
    2. Blackberry (and usually Windows phone) users sit back and feel a little jealous/left out and demand the app. Some sit back and dont care, others jump ship.
    3. The popularity of the app dies down, demand goes away
    4. New app becomes popular
    5. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    12-20-12 02:19 PM
    I see where you're coming from, but Blackberry's aren't app driven, especially games. So that doesn't really matter.

I've just noticed this trend lately:

1. Apple and Android gets a popular app
    2. Blackberry (and usually Windows phone) users sit back and feel a little jealous/left out and demand the app. Some sit back and dont care, others jump ship.
    3. The popularity of the app dies down, demand goes away
    4. New app becomes popular
    5. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    That's exactly the mindset we need to change if Blackberry is to rise. otherwise it'll be more of the same, which is a very bad thing.

We need those fickle app users to give blackberry their money and keep giving
    12-20-12 02:28 PM
    That's exactly the mindset we need to change if Blackberry is to rise. otherwise it'll be more of the same, which is a very bad thing.

We need those fickle app users to give blackberry their money and keep giving
    I used to feel the same way but if you think about it, Apple created this app frenzy. iPhones and Androids are really app driven, so I feel like Blackberry should take another approach. I still agree that they should have popular apps, but Blackberry's offer so much more. There's a reason some of us choose to stick around. I just hope BB10 doesn't lose that.
    12-20-12 02:35 PM
    I used to feel the same way but if you think about it, Apple created this app frenzy. iPhones and Androids are really app driven, so I feel like Blackberry should take another approach. I still agree that they should have popular apps, but Blackberry's offer so much more. There's a reason some of us choose to stick around. I just hope BB10 doesn't lose that.
    i totally agree. i think Blackberry needs to tap into the app frenzy of todays market. but never lose sight that their devices are built for communication.

Android and iOS are poor for communications.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-20-12 02:39 PM
    i totally agree. i think Blackberry needs to tap into the app frenzy of todays market. but never lose sight that their devices are built for communication.

Android and iOS are poor for communications.
    That's another attitude BlackBerry better shed quickly. I can communicate very well on my galaxy s3. That includes full webex with video, Google video chat, texting, email, whatever. Skype too.
    12-20-12 02:58 PM
    That's another attitude BlackBerry better shed quickly. I can communicate very well on my galaxy s3. That includes full webex with video, Google video chat, texting, email, whatever. Skype too.
    I disagree. Easy communication is what Blackberry is known for. There is a reason many people carry an iPhone/Android AND Blackberry these days. Especially business(wo)men. Time and time again, people continue or come back to Blackberry because of better email/typing/call quality/battery life/etc.
    12-20-12 03:04 PM
    i should have added that it was my opinion. i have used a galaxy s2, and s3, and they get on my nerves when it comes to txt, and downright p*** me off when it comes to phone calls. I prefer HTC One X over the S3.
    but like i said, thats just my way of thinking. apologies for not adding in it was my opinion.
    12-20-12 03:30 PM
    If you look at the "news" tab in Instagram it clearly says "updated terms and service based on your feedback" where they've apologized and said they will no longer sell people's pictures.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-20-12 08:55 PM
    If you look at the "news" tab in Instagram it clearly says "updated terms and service based on your feedback" where they've apologized and said they will no longer sell people's pictures.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    'they will no longer sell people's pictures'?
    lol.. that must have been hard for them to write it on the news tab.
    might as well say,
    'sorry, now that we have sold some of your pictures and you guys find out by our FINE printing, we decided that in the best interest of others, we will not sell future downloaded pictures (publicly). '
    whether they write it in black and white, it still makes us more cautious of posting pictures without watermarking first.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-20-12 11:54 PM
    What do you expect with Facebook owning them. They are trying to actually make money. Don't worry they will get all your info one way or another sooner or later.

Even though I hate Kim kardashians she threatened to take all here images and followers which was in the millions followed by Chloe etc it was a huge chunk of potential users gone overnight!

Of course they back peddled.
    12-21-12 01:13 AM
    12-24-12 01:31 PM
44 12