you seem to be at odds with yourself
    Context?

Anyone who has ever done any writing knows full well that to take two sentences without providing context proves nothing.

I can say that BB owns the developing market with entry Curve series and that is true.

I can also sell that BB doesn't sell well in North America and that is also true.

There is no contradiction there.

Kindly link to where I appear to be at odds, in your estimation...

EDIT: I found the post where you picked two sentences without giving the context

RIM has a "flagship" device with a paltry app store and a ridiculously flawed camera. It has medium of the road devices that are serviceable. It owns the developing market with entry Curve devices. RIM even has a luxury device at $2000. I would say RIM has a device at each price point.
    The carriers sell and promote what sells. BB doesn't sell. A marketshare in the single digits tells you that.

In 2007 the App store did not exist. Jobs saw a market/need to fill the void for the deficiencies in the OS that had to be met with the use of apps.

That is an adaptation that has served Apple well.

Android has an enormous app selection.

It's survival of the fittest. Either adapt, respond and execute or perish.

How often do you see adverts for iOS and Android apps for specific businesses but none for BB? Where is BB in terms of marketshare? I would suggest that if RIM hadn't sat in a garden like a fat cat complacent in its sovereignty in his home garden, a leaner, meaner, hungrier iOS or Android would not have jumped in to scoop up all the fat birds that RIM was too fat and complacent to fight for.

History speaks for itself.
    It was in response to this.

Apple gained their marketshare because they had a compelling product that was unlike any other at the time; Android gained marketshare because the carriers wanted to compete with the iPhone on AT&T and because they have a phone at every price point. Is that how you want them to adapt, respond, and execute? RIM does not have the time or the money to go the Android route but they seem to be going the Apple route.
    My point, in bold, is that BB has devices at every price point. Since BB dominates the developing market with entry level devices like the Curve, that was a correct assertion.
    My second point is that carriers push what sells, and in North America, where AT&T sells, BB doesn't sell as well as iPhone or Android. Therefore my second comment you quoted, "BB doesn't sell" is also true within the context of my statement.

So see, it's all about context. And data. If you can find data that states that BB does better in North America than Apple and Android then I would love it. Really, I would love it. But then it wouldn't make sense why when you go into a VZW store, the largest carrier in the U.S., the reps there push iPhones and Android down your throat and you have to TELL them "no, I really do want a 9370 and not a RAZR Max" which is EXACTLY what happened to me.
    Or why when asking about the Playbook they simply say "we don't sell that here...let me show you an iPad" which was exactly what happened to me.
    Carriers push what sells.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-05-12 at 05:42 AM.
    12-05-12 05:15 AM
    Why not a free BB10 device?
    I can easily buy a white London, assuming they will be available on AT&T. Getting a white 9900 on AT&T will full warranty and support so that I don't have to send it to, say, Canada if something goes wrong as I would if I buy from Rogers.....well....that would be lovely....
    12-05-12 05:17 AM
    I can easily buy a white London, assuming they will be available on AT&T. Getting a white 9900 on AT&T will full warranty and support so that I don't have to send it to, say, Canada if something goes wrong as I would if I buy from Rogers.....well....that would be lovely....
    Oh, I see haha. I've had as many devices as you, but all mine were replacements from receiving a stupid amount of faulty devices. I've had about 16. This is why I was thinking of using my old Torch and upgrade to something other than BB. However, I still have "What if BB10 is excellent?", in the back of my mind.
    12-05-12 05:20 AM
    Oh, I see haha. I've had as many devices as you, but all mine were replacements from receiving a stupid amount of faulty devices. I've had about 16. This is why I was thinking of using my old Torch and upgrade to something other than BB. However, I still have "What if BB10 is excellent?", in the back of my mind.
    That's one of the reasons I have more than one line. I use my BB for certain things and my non BB for others.
    12-05-12 05:34 AM
    That's one of the reasons I have more than one line. I use my BB for certain things and my non BB for others.
    That's what I kinda want. I have an iPhone 4 on a separate contract. I was thinking of getting the Note 2 with my BB contract, and then putting a Pay As You Go SIM in the Torch, and paying the minimum a month credit for the BB services. Making all my calls, etc. on the Note 2, as well as the fun stuff like Instagram. As for the iPhone 4, I dunno what I'd do with that.
    12-05-12 05:45 AM
    That's what I kinda want. I have an iPhone 4 on a separate contract. I was thinking of getting the Note 2 with my BB contract, and then putting a Pay As You Go SIM in the Torch, and paying the minimum a month credit for the BB services. Making all my calls, etc. on the Note 2, as well as the fun stuff like Instagram. As for the iPhone 4, I dunno what I'd do with that.
    Keep a spare. Always keep a spare.
    If you've got a spare, donate it to a shelter or to the Armed Forces program?
    I donated a boatload of older dumbphones and olderish non BB smartphones, all in pristine condition, to AT&T as part of the Armed Forces donation program.
    12-05-12 06:02 AM
    Keep a spare. Always keep a spare.
    If you've got a spare, donate it to a shelter or to the Armed Forces program?
    I donated a boatload of older dumbphones and olderish non BB smartphones, all in pristine condition, to AT&T as part of the Armed Forces donation program.
    Other than the Torch, I have a Storm 2 left which I usually give people if they need a spare phone to borrow. As of now I'm stuck between going to Samsung and using the BB (and mabe iPhone too) along side it, or just wait.
    12-05-12 06:05 AM
    Other than the Torch, I have a Storm 2 left which I usually give people if they need a spare phone to borrow. As of now I'm stuck between going to Samsung and using the BB (and mabe iPhone too) along side it, or just wait.
    Wait. BB10 is almost here. You will kick yourself if you don't.

I've got an upgrade on Dec 21....options....use the upgrade on BB10, buy the BB10 outright, keep the upgrade for the iPhone 5S or keep the upgrade for the Note 3 or keep the upgrade for a Lumia 920 or keep the upgrade for a redSamsung SGIII....

That's my dilemma....

If I didn't have a whole house renovation going on, I'd get them all....

(we've hijacked the thread...we'll get in trouble....we need to stop....)
    ankoil likes this.
    12-05-12 06:12 AM
    When the PlayBook came out it was still the old RIM. The change happened later.
    U are correct....point is, we know that now. I thought it was a new RIM back then because of all the hype surrounding QNX and them actually releasing a device with competitive specs...we know now how that turned out. Which is ultimately why I will judge this "new RIM" the very day I can get my hands on a BB10 device

All I know is this is the last chance I'm giving RIM. I've never owned a iPhone, any android, or a WP device but I'm ready for something new. If BB10 has severely cut corners like what happened on the PlayBook, then I'm gone for good. I cant/won't be like others and say BB's offer the best experience when I haven't tried what's out there
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-05-12 12:30 PM
    U are correct....point is, we know that now. I thought it was a new RIM back then because of all the hype surrounding QNX and them actually releasing a device with competitive specs...we know now how that turned out. Which is ultimately why I will judge this "new RIM" the very day I can get my hands on a BB10 device

All I know is this is the last chance I'm giving RIM. I've never owned a iPhone, any android, or a WP device but I'm ready for something new. If BB10 has severely cut corners like what happened on the PlayBook, then I'm gone for good. I cant/won't be like others and say BB's offer the best experience when I haven't tried what's out there
    ....pssstttt....buying a non BB doesn't turn you into a Tasmanian devil on crack.....you would survive.....and learn fun new stuff....and if you don't like it you haven't sold your first born child so it's OK....it's not a life commitment, just a piece of plastic with little wires and sometimes even glass.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rello and jakie55 like this.
    12-05-12 12:56 PM
    I agree.

Some people on this forum swear by RIM like it's a religion. I don't understand it. In the end, like u said, it's just a phone.

I like the BB experience but it's been lacking for long enough. I'm ready for something new. Hopefully BB10 has some surprises in store
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-05-12 04:32 PM
    That's true...mainly just on the go, I guess.
    People need to easy editing options so they can upload pictures of themselves drinking on Facebook using neat filters.
    12-05-12 06:40 PM
    Does anyone use PicStory? Is it better than Picmix?
    let's consider to use story maker at blackberry 10 giving you a full HD 720 for your pictures album

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    12-05-12 06:53 PM
    let's consider to use story maker at blackberry 10 giving you a full HD 720 for your pictures album

Story maker is not even comparable to Instagram. Different purposes, videos vs pictures. Also, 720p is not Full HD
    12-05-12 07:07 PM

Well, I was kind of referring to apps for the Current BBOS's...like OS 7.1. So that is why I was asking.
    12-05-12 07:19 PM
    People need to easy editing options so they can upload pictures of themselves drinking on Facebook using neat filters.
    Yah...that's one use....

Or I can take a pic of my six month old golden retriever puppy on an outing to a park, laying on golden leaves, add a filter to really bring out the golds, and post it to FB, Twitter, and Instagram contacts from the golden retriever group I belong to who are not part of my FB friends....all without skipping a beat....

Who needs instagram?-539931_10151148644270735_433549041_n.jpg
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-06-12 at 04:18 AM.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    12-06-12 03:30 AM
    I'm not here to promote any app. I understand it would be a nice bonus if BB had Instagram. I only posted it because it brings the same functionality to current Blackberries and the future BB10 that Instagram for some unknown reason have since refused to bring to Blackberry. If they can do it the why not Instagram???? For me.. once twitter applies it's photo editing capabilities to it's apps.. Instagram is gonna be well hurt I predict. They're already fighting like we can see with Instagram turning off support for Twitter cards just yesterday. Instagram is really only popular bcos twitter allowed it to interact with it and thus gave it really good publicity. The frames and photo editing was what people loved about it but now there are loads of apps like PicMix that do the same so it's not a selling point anymore. You may argue that it's the social network part but PicMix also is a social network thts linked to FB and Twitter too. I agree Instagram has a very large user base but that was only facilitated bcos you could share it's pics with Twitter which is where people want to show their pictures. Even if Instagram came to BB10.. chances are i'll stick with twitter and just post direct to it and facebook. I don't need a 3rd social network to post pics. I've been using PicMix for a while and my pics are kept private on there. It's FB and Twitter where I actually want to share them. Note also that this app is now on Android and soon IOS (if not already). The ratings on Google Play is 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's growing..

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 12-06-12 at 05:12 AM.
    12-06-12 04:46 AM
    You have to purchase the full version of picmix in order to get all the features. Instagram is > picmix by far. It has a larger user base (which is extremely important for social networking) and its free.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 05:44 AM
    I don't see how its better by far. PicMix is free on BlackBerry. Unless you want some other frames that so far i find i don't need then you pay using some kind of credit. The only advantage i can see that Instagram has is the userbase. That was made popular thanks to Twitter.

Just to set the record straight.. Instagram is a lovely app.. but PicMix IMHO offers the same. Once Twitter hooks up the filters within it's official app, they can both kiss my a...
    12-06-12 06:18 AM
    What is the user base on PicMix? How many users? How many platforms? How do you share with people not on your FB or Twitter but who belong to groups and networks you belong to?
    ***just found it in the App Store. So it works on iPhone.
    It provides more robust tools that Instagram. However, and it's a big however, haven't found the network aspect of Instagram.
    So, for my use, until it offers the network that Instagram offers, I prefer Instagram. PicMix does half the job I want.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-06-12 at 07:33 AM.
    12-06-12 06:49 AM
    I don't see how its better by far.

It has a larger user base (which is extremely important for social networking) and its free. I'm not dissing the quality of the picmix app btw

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 07:47 AM
    Sweet heavens...

There are many apps that are better than Instagram. It is NOT the filtering that makes Instagram so popular.
    12-06-12 08:03 AM
    Sweet heavens...

There are many apps that are better than Instagram. It is NOT the filtering that makes Instagram so popular.
    I still love you.

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    12-06-12 08:18 AM
    You're all right. I'm not arguing for PicMix or Instagram. I was more surprised that Instagram has adamantly refused to support BB when it's so obvious they could have. They had absolutely nothing to lose so why they made that decision baffles me. The app was free.. you had BB users yearning for it but yet did nothing. I know 50 million people might disagree with me but I for one cannot wait for twitter to get its own filters. Once done, even if Instagram exists for BB10 I would not find any use for it and would more than likely just stay with twitter and FB (Even though they it now owns Instagram). Maybe I'm just moaning but i see it like they played a big part in hurting BlackBerry (despite BlackBerry's own internal mistakes). I hope Instagram fails as a site on it's own. They're lucky FB bought them.
    12-06-12 08:25 AM
    I hope they don't fail fail. At least not until someone else does the same thing they do.
    My family, friends, and groups use it a lot.

12-06-12 09:10 AM
249 ... 78910