Why so many? o.o
    Believe it or not, I DO LOVE BB.

Ever since my 8310. It started with the 8703, the others before that, i hated.

I have bought EVERY SINGLE NEW BB on launch since my 8310.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-03-12 02:03 PM

Well damn... I wish I could afford to do that!
    12-03-12 06:03 PM
    They do.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...agram-wp8.html

There are four pages of Instagram mentions. I didn't search, just picked a thread.
    Same was true for android before it got Instagram. People were not happy.

BB10 not having Instagram will be an issue for many consumers. If BB10 is to have a real fighting chance, it can't the middle manager with bluetooth headset, email engine of 2006. It will need highly bolstered content consumption capabilities and be a better social network hub. That's what consumers want these days, and the consumer market is what RIM needs to stay viable.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-03-12 06:10 PM

And that is why it is sooooooooooooo important for people to never assume lol

Plus it says in the info box on the side just a few of the BB's u own lol
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    12-03-12 07:57 PM
    instagram is about editing pictures... it makes my photos look good.
    12-03-12 08:27 PM
    And that is why it is sooooooooooooo important for people to never assume lol

Plus it says in the info box on the side just a few of the BB's u own lol
    I know....I have had a BB in my possession ever since 2004.
    The ones listed are the latest in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-03-12 08:35 PM
    Same was true for android before it got Instagram. People were not happy.

BB10 not having Instagram will be an issue for many consumers. If BB10 is to have a real fighting chance, it can't the middle manager with bluetooth headset, email engine of 2006. It will need highly bolstered content consumption capabilities and be a better social network hub. That's what consumers want these days, and the consumer market is what RIM needs to stay viable.
    holy canolli I don't know where you've been but I'm glad you're here. There are not too many non fanbois for ANY side who see clearly. logically, and objectively. And those who do get lambasted.

Here is the thing....the days when BB could sit there and self righteously say "we're all about business" and "we own the business sector" and "we're the only ones with push email" are GONE.

CONSUMERS will save or kill RIM because the business sector has started to leave. Trickling away. One at a time, even in the US federal government which was their one great bastion. Public apps are currently being developed, for example, for my agency. Sent out a request information to see who would bid ahead of the request for proposal and NOT ONE BB DEVELOPER answered. So when the public will access certain public components of my agency, guess who they will use.....iOS and Android.

I don't use video chat through Skype. I don't use Netflix. I don't use Pandora. I don't use Slacker. Heck I don't even use Docs to go because I find it ATROCIOUS. But that's me. Other people want it, and what arrogant stance would it be if I said "it's not needed." It IS needed. Because as ubizmo said, every app missing in BB is another reason to go elsewhere. People don't choose, generally, just for one app or just for one feature, but they build a list. Apps is in that list. Guess why I've been carrying around my 4S and my Skyrocket every single day in DC now? Because when I go to meetings on either side of the Potomac I NEED to know the Circulator schedule so that I can get my Metro. Or blow money on a taxi. Guess who hasn't got a schedule and tracker for the Circulator? BB.

It's choice. But the choice has to be available in order to be able to MAKE that choice. The unavailability of the app is not a choice. It exists in app world, I make a choice to get it. It doesn't exist in app world, I go to the app store or to the google play store and give even MORE money to BB's competitors. Because they did not meet my need.

I have family members and loved ones across the pond. One of them will NOT use WhatsApp, only BBM. That's HIS choice. I NEED BB to exist in the N.A. market or I won't be able to communicate with him. APPS ARE NEEDED if RIM is to survive here.

So who needs Instragram? Agreed with ubizmo....BB needs Instagram. Because 8 million consumers like me are happily loading 4 billion pictures in non BB devices.
    The argument not to carry apps, in 2012, IS indefensible if RIM is to be alive in N.A.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-04-12 at 03:32 AM.
    pantlesspenguin, Rello and jakie55 like this.
    12-04-12 02:56 AM
    You can all relax, BB10 will have Instagram.
    12-04-12 03:58 AM
    holy canolli I don't know where you've been but I'm glad you're here. There are not too many non fanbois for ANY side who see clearly. logically, and objectively. And those who do get lambasted.

Here is the thing....the days when BB could sit there and self righteously say "we're all about business" and "we own the business sector" and "we're the only ones with push email" are GONE.

CONSUMERS will save or kill RIM because the business sector has started to leave. Trickling away. One at a time, even in the US federal government which was their one great bastion. Public apps are currently being developed, for example, for my agency. Sent out a request information to see who would bid ahead of the request for proposal and NOT ONE BB DEVELOPER answered. So when the public will access certain public components of my agency, guess who they will use.....iOS and Android.

I don't use video chat through Skype. I don't use Netflix. I don't use Pandora. I don't use Slacker. Heck I don't even use Docs to go because I find it ATROCIOUS. But that's me. Other people want it, and what arrogant stance would it be if I said "it's not needed." It IS needed. Because as ubizmo said, every app missing in BB is another reason to go elsewhere. People don't choose, generally, just for one app or just for one feature, but they build a list. Apps is in that list. Guess why I've been carrying around my 4S and my Skyrocket every single day in DC now? Because when I go to meetings on either side of the Potomac I NEED to know the Circulator schedule so that I can get my Metro. Or blow money on a taxi. Guess who hasn't got a schedule and tracker for the Circulator? BB.

It's choice. But the choice has to be available in order to be able to MAKE that choice. The unavailability of the app is not a choice. It exists in app world, I make a choice to get it. It doesn't exist in app world, I go to the app store or to the google play store and give even MORE money to BB's competitors. Because they did not meet my need.

I have family members and loved ones across the pond. One of them will NOT use WhatsApp, only BBM. That's HIS choice. I NEED BB to exist in the N.A. market or I won't be able to communicate with him. APPS ARE NEEDED if RIM is to survive here.

So who needs Instragram? Agreed with ubizmo....BB needs Instagram. Because 8 million consumers like me are happily loading 4 billion pictures in non BB devices.
    The argument not to carry apps, in 2012, IS indefensible if RIM is to be alive in N.A.
    Well said, I'm completely agree with u!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    12-04-12 07:11 AM
    You can all relax, BB10 will have Instagram.
    We can't relax. We have 12 apps open.
    12-04-12 07:14 AM
    We can't relax. We have 12 apps open.
    He always misses any point that is not his.

RIM was extremely relaxed in 2007. RIM did not see iOS as a threat, famously dismissing the iPhone because in their assertion Apple did not understand the smartphone market.
    They failed to be aggressive and released phones that were severely under specs when Android came on the scene. I remember making excuses for them at the time....."I don't need to shoot nuclear weapons at my neighbourhoods" I said.
    RIM, the most secure platform, acquired QNX and should have come up with a monster of a secure platform.
    The results?
    iOS demolished RIM in terms of market share. It's taken since the launch of the first Google Nexus until the beginning of 2013 to launch a phone that could compete with LAST YEAR's Nexus. And the PB launched with a vulnerability resulting in Dingleberry.
    RELAX????
    A company with market share in the single digits, down from a position of preeminence RELAX????
    Customers and enterprise who NEED RIM and BB should relax????

The emotion needed is URGENCY.

There's been enough smug, complacent, misguided self assured relaxation. RIM needs to paddle like h3ll before Apple and Android completely suck them in their wake.

pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    12-04-12 07:47 AM
    As others have said, I don't need Instagram but would definitely be a plus and or a must for it to be on BB10 in order to compete with iOS, Android, and the Windows platform
    12-04-12 07:56 AM
    I think it's funny that some people think the UNAVAILABILITY of an app is a good thing. I guess some people think it makes them look more "pro."
    12-04-12 08:03 AM
    Some people are starting to sound like broken records, I can guarantee you RIM is not relaxing, I know a few people working for RIM and they are already under a lot of pressure. Whatever RIM are doing I can guarantee you they're working harder then ever to do it.

I'm fed up listening to the same crap all the time, think of something new and judge the new RIM on its own merits, don't keep judging them by the old RIM.

It's a new beginning, I think of RIM as a new company and even if the main apps will not be there at launch (instagram will be there as an android port) if BB10 is successful they'll be fighting to get on.

Potential users car relax about instagram, I never said RIM should relax.
    lnichols and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    12-04-12 08:05 AM
    Some people are starting to sound like broken records, I can guarantee you RIM is not relaxing, I know a few people working for RIM and they are already under a lot of pressure. Whatever RIM are doing I can guarantee you they're working harder then ever to do it.

I'm fed up listening to the same crap all the time, think of something new and judge the new RIM on its own merits, don't keep judging them by the old RIM.

It's a new beginning, I think of RIM as a new company and even if the main apps will not be there at launch (instagram will be there as an android port) if BB10 is successful they'll be fighting to get on.

Agreed. Everyone knows RIM rested on its laurels, waited too long to transition, and got themselves in a huge bind because of it. It has been stated on this forums thousands of times by seemingly the same people on a daily basis. RIM, under Thor's guidance, delayed BB10 probably to not release another incomplete device like the Playbook (unlike Mike and Jim who probably would have released sooner and gotten hammered!). They are doing more work to get developers and providing tools to developers than any other platform at the moment because they KNOW apps are important. There are probably more ways to develop an app for BB10 than any other platform, and based on posts from developers, you can program an app on BB10 identical to one on iOS with a fraction of the amount of code. BBOS prevented developers from the easily getting quality apps on the OS, BB10 makes it easy, and easier than the gold standard platforms. There are definitely some members that are in denial about apps, just like their are users that are in denial that RIM is changing its ways. Let's see what the damn platform releases with on January 30th, and judge RIM and the potential success of BB10 at that time, because until that point everyone is SPECULATING!
    12-04-12 10:02 AM
    Agreed. Everyone knows RIM rested on its laurels, waited too long to transition, and got themselves in a huge bind because of it. It has been stated on this forums thousands of times by seemingly the same people on a daily basis. RIM, under Thor's guidance, delayed BB10 probably to not release another incomplete device like the Playbook (unlike Mike and Jim who probably would have released sooner and gotten hammered!). They are doing more work to get developers and providing tools to developers than any other platform at the moment because they KNOW apps are important. There are probably more ways to develop an app for BB10 than any other platform, and based on posts from developers, you can program an app on BB10 identical to one on iOS with a fraction of the amount of code. BBOS prevented developers from the easily getting quality apps on the OS, BB10 makes it easy, and easier than the gold standard platforms. There are definitely some members that are in denial about apps, just like their are users that are in denial that RIM is changing its ways. Let's see what the damn platform releases with on January 30th, and judge RIM and the potential success of BB10 at that time, because until that point everyone is SPECULATING!
    History cannot be rewritten, and RIM has to do better.
    Until RIM releases BB10 all it has in the mind of the buying public who are pushing for apps, apps, apps (like me with Instagram) is its inadequacies when compared to iOS and Android.
    I will buy, at the very least, the London...on launch day. Its success for me will be judged on that day. Hopefully I will be able to post an Instagram pic of the box. And hopefully in January 2014 it will have retained - and regained - enough marketshare to have its position solidified in the N.A. market.
    12-04-12 11:04 AM

I see what ya'll are saying but sheeesh.....its hard to look at RIM as the "new RIM" . Personally while I'm on RIM side because I truly do want them to succeed, I just can't view them as the new RIM yet. I can only base them off their past until they give release a product I can actually purchase and own. Until then, there instead much else to judge them on. I see their, efforts...I really do, but I thought it was a new RIM when the PlayBook came out. We all remember the hype around that. Front facing cameras, a first dual core porduct for the company, a brand new OS based on the super hyped QNX kernal....hype was near as high for that as it was for the original Storm...at least for me anyway. But just like the OG Storm, what did I and many others get in the playbook....a half baked product (though admittedly nothing close to as bad as the Storm).

I'm ready for a RIM comeback just as much as anyone else but this is make or break for them for me. I can't keep supporting a company giving me products that are lacking and/or missing features. I will judge this new RIM the first day the BB10 comes out. The new CEO seems like he knows what he's doing but until the 30thof january...nobody will really know
    12-04-12 04:57 PM
    Does anyone use PicStory? Is it better than Picmix?
    12-04-12 09:27 PM
    The reason to want Instagram is simply to want what Instagram does: to use its filters and/or its social network. You don't care about them; neither do I. But millions of people do care, and some of those people will care enough to choose a platform that has it.

Again, the logic is very simple and clear: Every missing app is a reason for people to choose a different platform. An app can be considered "missing" if it's on other platforms but not on BB10.
    I totally agree. I have had probably 7-10 friends leave berry for ios mainly due to instagram and words with friends.
    12-04-12 11:34 PM
    I see what ya'll are saying but sheeesh.....its hard to look at RIM as the "new RIM" . Personally while I'm on RIM side because I truly do want them to succeed, I just can't view them as the new RIM yet. I can only base them off their past until they give release a product I can actually purchase and own. Until then, there instead much else to judge them on. I see their, efforts...I really do, but I thought it was a new RIM when the PlayBook came out. We all remember the hype around that. Front facing cameras, a first dual core porduct for the company, a brand new OS based on the super hyped QNX kernal....hype was near as high for that as it was for the original Storm...at least for me anyway. But just like the OG Storm, what did I and many others get in the playbook....a half baked product (though admittedly nothing close to as bad as the Storm).

I'm ready for a RIM comeback just as much as anyone else but this is make or break for them for me. I can't keep supporting a company giving me products that are lacking and/or missing features. I will judge this new RIM the first day the BB10 comes out. The new CEO seems like he knows what he's doing but until the 30thof january...nobody will really know
    When the PlayBook came out it was still the old RIM. The change happened later.
    12-05-12 01:24 AM

Agreed. Whether or not there is a "new RIM" can only be determined once physical devices are in hand and apps are available for it in App world. That is the proof of a "new RIM." Until execution is proven, it is all supposition. We suppose with new management things have changed. We suppose that the need for new apps has been understood. Those are ephemeral ideas....hopes. Put a device in my hand that is the realization of all these promises and suppositions and then it will be a new RIM, after it has PROVEN itself to be the new RIM.
    Sorry, I don't hold on promises. Prove it. Then it will be a new RIM. Sell me my white London and the apps I want and need in Q1, I accept carrier delays as normal course so I won't mind if AT&T delays. But release a fully executed device on Q1. THEN it's a new RIM.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-05-12 04:28 AM

RIM should give you a special present.
    12-05-12 04:57 AM
    RIM should give you a special present.
    I'll take a white 9900 for AT&T, thank you, with full warranty and support.
    12-05-12 05:05 AM
    It owns the developing market with entry Curve devices.

BB doesn't sell.
    you seem to be at odds with yourself
    12-05-12 05:07 AM
    I'll take a white 9900 for AT&T, thank you, with full warranty and support.
    Why not a free BB10 device?
    12-05-12 05:11 AM
249 ... 678910