Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 249
Like Tree182Likes
  1. soogriff's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    PIN
    A COLADA
    #101  

    Default

    I like Instagram because of the social media aspect. I can post a picture to FB and Twitter with a few clicks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    BB history: 8700>8310>8220>9800>9930+16GB Playbook>Z10
    Others: iPhone 4, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5
  2. walt63's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,000 Posts
    #102  

    Default Re: Who needs instagram?

    Quote Originally Posted by soogriff View Post
    I like Instagram because of the social media aspect. I can post a picture to FB and Twitter with a few clicks.
    Using an app like Photo Studio, you can add your filter, save, then post to Facebook or Twitter. The effort is pretty much comparable.
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
  3. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #103  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt63 View Post
    Using an app like Photo Studio, you can add your filter, save, then post to Facebook or Twitter. The effort is pretty much comparable.
    How many users are there for Photo Studio as opposed to Instagram? How many platforms support Photo Studio?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  4. Jon Ryder's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #104  

    Default

    I think I would be safe in saying that most people don't do anything with their pix other than post them to Facebook etc, which doesn't require any additional software, just a couple clicks on my BB and my pix are on FB for all my friends and family to see. So for me instagram is a hard sell, but to each his own. I do realize that RIM should have it in BB 10 for no other reason than the positive optics it creates.

    Jon
    Rello likes this.
  5. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,684 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #105  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    How many users are there for Photo Studio as opposed to Instagram? How many platforms support Photo Studio?
    Photo Studio is simply a comprehensive photo editing app connected to the main Social Networks, it is not a social network in itself.
  6. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #106  

    Default Who needs instagram?

    Not having Instagram on a phone these days is like not having Twitter or Facebook. Whether YOU use them or not its a social standard. Months from now, another app will become popular. Just have to deal with it and keep up.
  7. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #107  

    Default Who needs instagram?

    Quote Originally Posted by walt63 View Post
    Using an app like Photo Studio, you can add your filter, save, then post to Facebook or Twitter. The effort is pretty much comparable.
    There's one big difference. Instagram is free.99 where as you have to pay for photo studio (correct me if I'm wrong)...Instagram's has over 80 million users, how many does photo studio have?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  8. Rello's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,241 Posts
    PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)
    #108  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ryder View Post
    I think I would be safe in saying that most people don't do anything with their pix other than post them to Facebook etc, which doesn't require any additional software, just a couple clicks on my BB and my pix are on FB for all my friends and family to see. So for me instagram is a hard sell, but to each his own. I do realize that RIM should have it in BB 10 for no other reason than the positive optics it creates.

    Jon
    This is perfectly meeting in middle. An "apologist" wouldn't make a statment such as yours. Honestly instagram is a app I'm not sure I'll use cause I don't currently have a facebook or twitter but I also acknowledge that it needs to be in App World whether I want it there or not.
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

    - Durrell pin:2B7B5318
  9. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #109  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    There's one big difference. Instagram is free.99 where as you have to pay for photo studio (correct me if I'm wrong)...Instagram's has over 80 million users, how many does photo studio have?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Precisely.
    Instagram is not just an editing tool, it's a sharing network as well. You can post pics to other people or not, but if you choose to share it you can edit and share on the fly.

    Instagram is there for iOS and Android. How many platforms support Photo Studio and what is the penetration?

    For those who want talk about it as an alternative to Instagram, then they need to have Photo Studio be available to iOS and Android as well as BB. Otherwise it is not an alternative to Instagram; rather, it's a BB specific app like BBM.

    How many people use Photo Studio and is it available cross platform????

    Anyone? Proponents of Photo Studio???? Answer????????
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    shemaree09 likes this.
  10. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #110  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ryder View Post
    I think I would be safe in saying that most people don't do anything with their pix other than post them to Facebook etc, which doesn't require any additional software, just a couple clicks on my BB and my pix are on FB for all my friends and family to see. So for me instagram is a hard sell, but to each his own. I do realize that RIM should have it in BB 10 for no other reason than the positive optics it creates.
    Jon
    THAT response is what I have been saying all along. The people who don't want it don't have to use it. The people who want it should have it.

    RIM MUST adapt to the changing demands of the consumer market if it is to remain a player in North America. If it doesn't want to be a player in North America, then the requirements are different.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  11. sentimentGX4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #111  

    Default

    Who needs Instagram?

    Just anybody who's anybody! Basically, every teenager and college student with a social life. But you don't have to worry about that because those people who have to have Instagram probably aren't using Blackberries, anyways.
  12. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #112  

    Default Who needs instagram?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    There's one big difference. Instagram is free.99 where as you have to pay for photo studio (correct me if I'm wrong)...Instagram's has over 80 million users, how many does photo studio have?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Also, the photo filters are just ONE aspect. Its also a huge social network.

    The only thing really saving Blackberry by not having Instagram, is that most people post their instagram pics on Twitter.
    qbnkelt likes this.
  13. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #113  

    Default Who needs instagram?

    Quote Originally Posted by sentimentGX4 View Post
    Who needs Instagram?

    Just anybody who's anybody! Basically, every teenager and college student with a social life. But you don't have to worry about that because those people who have to have Instagram probably aren't using Blackberries, anyways.
    Instagram is not just for teens and college kids. Many grown adults share photos daily. In addition to many celebrities.

    And the reason they aren't using Blackberry because there is no app! OS 7 Blackberry's are MORE than capable of handling Instagram, its just that app devs see no reason because of few users of BB's. Catch 22.
  14. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #114  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sentimentGX4 View Post
    Who needs Instagram?

    Just anybody who's anybody! Basically, every teenager and college student with a social life. But you don't have to worry about that because those people who have to have Instagram probably aren't using Blackberries, anyways.
    ::headdesk::

    Cue Q...
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
  15. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #115  

    Default Who needs instagram?

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    ::headdesk::

    Cue Q...
    See.....I thought it was a joke......you know, sarcasm...

    No?


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  16. blue_k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    322D4970
    #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    Instagram is not just for teens and college kids. Many grown adults share photos daily. In addition to many celebrities.

    And the reason they aren't using Blackberry because there is no app! OS 7 Blackberry's are MORE than capable of handling Instagram, its just that app devs see no reason because of few users of BB's. Catch 22.
    Very true! That issue you mentioned about the devs lack of interest due to small market share is what RIM is going to have a hard time getting over. As you said it's a catch 22, the small number of devs making apps relates to a smaller app market. People want apps though, and due to BB app world having a small number of apps people go to other platforms like Android or iOS. Now due to that, BB has a smaller market share, causing the lack of dev interest.
    In RIM we trust!
  17. ubizmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,675 Global Posts
    PIN
    2aed1ace
    #117  

    Default Re: Who needs instagram?

    For most people, the line between the popular apps and FEATURES is invisible. They are both things you can do on your phone. Missing features are reasons to choose a different phone. Do the math.

    I don't care about Instagram, but it's good that BB10 will have it. BBOS has a lot of fancy email features that I've never used too, but I'm glad they're there.
  18. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #118  

    Default

    I'm still waiting for the answer to my questions. They seem to be conveniently ignored by the proponents of Photo Studio....

    How many people use Photo Studio?
    Penetration?
    Cross platform?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  19. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,733 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,742 Global Posts
    #119  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippinTook View Post
    If you want a good replacement at the moment get PicMix, I just got it and best Instagram Blackberry replacement I have tested. Works smooth, not very buggy, good for captioning photos like I wanted to use it for. No friends using it currently but I am going to suggest it to people. Seems to be cross platform from what I read about it.

    I just downloaded PixMix and sent a Christmas Photo to Facebook.
    I wish there were more adjustment filters than just contrast and brightness.

    Can't wait for BB10!!!!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  20. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,273 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #120  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    This is perfectly meeting in middle. An "apologist" wouldn't make a statment such as yours. Honestly instagram is a app I'm not sure I'll use cause I don't currently have a facebook or twitter but I also acknowledge that it needs to be in App World whether I want it there or not.
    ****psssttt....hey....you don't need FB or Twitter to use it.....I send it to groups that I belong to such as dog breed groups, dog training groups, and equestrian groups I belong to.....******
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  21. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #121  

    Default

    Lol this thread made me curious to play around with the pic editor on my phone since I've never really done it. I just take pics and send them without adding a filter or effect. But this stuff is kinda cool!

    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Tre Lawrence and qbnkelt like this.
  22. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,684 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #122  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I'm still waiting for the answer to my questions. They seem to be conveniently ignored by the proponents of Photo Studio....

    How many people use Photo Studio?
    Penetration?
    Cross platform?
    It's irrelevant, people can use any photo app to edit their blackberry photos and post them to Facebook or Twitter, it's not a social network, photo studio it's just a very good photo editing apps.
  23. theegoldenone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,228 Posts
    PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!
    #123  

    Default

    What's an instagram? Sounds like some sort of express cocaine delivery service :-)
    vorpalz likes this.
  24. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #124  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    It's irrelevant, people can use any photo app to edit their blackberry photos and post them to Facebook or Twitter, it's not a social network, photo studio it's just a very good photo editing apps.
    But that's kinda the point. It proves that Photo Studio isn't exactly a substitute for Instagram because Instagram *IS* it's own social network in addition to editing photos and sharing them on fb, twitter, etc. Heck most phones' stock camera app can do that now.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    shemaree09 likes this.
  25. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    11,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,483 Global Posts
    #125  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Lol this thread made me curious to play around with the pic editor on my phone since I've never really done it. I just take pics and send them without adding a filter or effect. But this stuff is kinda cool!

    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...2-02122330.png
    Interesting how someone so gorgeous can be so crazy...

    *flees*
    Cesare21 likes this.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Developers who need a website for their app?
    By jakeslife in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Who needs a 4G memory card for great $$?
    By Smahie in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 06:25 AM
  3. For everyone who needs a Storm on a business account...
    By DuLac in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
  4. Guess who needs help....ME!!!!!
    By troe11 in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
  5. who needs a black berry?
    By chris.larson in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions