What's the point of instagram? I used it for 2 days on my iPod and got bored of seeing pictures of food.
    12-06-12 01:16 PM
    BB10 will have a great camera and instagram will be fun on it. Having popular apps will only help

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 01:28 PM
    Well it's what you and your contacts want it to be.
    On my Instagram you won't find food but you will get horses, dogs, scenery and DC.
    On my BBM, however, you will find food when my man sends me pics of something he thinks I would like.
    So....it varies depending on you and your contacts.
    Like living in NYC. If you don't venture out of Queens you'll never see Central Park.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-06-12 01:36 PM
    Well it looks like Instagram might lose its popularity. They have cut ties with Twitter by not allowing a direct link to the instagram photo.

Now if someone posts an intagram link to twitter, the link will take them to Instagram app or website.

This could be good or bad. I see that they are trying to keep Instagram as a social network, but once Twitter adds photo filters it might become useless.

Article: http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/07/ins...or-its-photos/
    12-08-12 07:47 AM
    I hope twitter adds filters watch everyone jump back to twitter
    12-08-12 09:09 AM
    didn't facebook just buy Instagram? There's so many international users on facebook...it would be beneficial to both the owners and RIM to have the app available to blackberry users...
    12-08-12 10:26 AM
    By the time Blackberry finally gets the Instagam app, will it still be popular? With all of the twitter drama, Instagram may become a thing of the past.
    12-09-12 06:07 PM
    By the time Blackberry finally gets the Instagam app, will it still be popular? With all of the twitter drama, Instagram may become a thing of the past.
    I think that unless another network (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) adds the functionality of filters, photo effects, and the like to their respective photo-sharing services, and accomplishes it in the same intuitive way, Instagram will reign as popular as ever. Its a social network strictly for shutterbugs, and in a world full of smartphones whose cameras are nearing DLSR quality, there will always be a market for that. If Instagram is outdone, it won't be by Twitter, but likely by someone who comes along and does what they do better than they do.
    12-09-12 08:46 PM
    I think that unless another network (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) adds the functionality of filters, photo effects, and the like to their respective photo-sharing services, and accomplishes it in the same intuitive way, Instagram will reign as popular as ever. Its a social network strictly for shutterbugs, and in a world full of smartphones whose cameras are nearing DLSR quality, there will always be a market for that. If Instagram is outdone, it won't be by Twitter, but likely by someone who comes along and does what they do better than they do.
    Twitter is rumored to be adding photo filters, so I dont know. Instagram is basically twitter (having followers) with photos. Eliminating twitter integration with no photo preview will make Instagram sorta pointless.
    12-09-12 08:59 PM
    Twitter is rumored to be adding photo filters, so I dont know. Instagram is basically twitter (having followers) with photos. Eliminating twitter integration with no photo preview will make Instagram sorta pointless.
    I find myself using Instagram more than twitter. The addition of filters will not make me jump back to twitter. When it comes to sharing photos Instagram is > twitter.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx likes this.
    12-09-12 09:38 PM
    I hope it comes to BB10. I may never use it but I think it will benefit the platform.
    Just joking here and this is NSFW...

Don't shoot me... I just found it funny as Heck.
    shemaree09 and ibpluto like this.
    12-09-12 09:42 PM
    I hope it comes to BB10. I may never use it but I think it will benefit the platform.

pretty much sums up Instagram!
    12-09-12 11:41 PM
    Not for my use.
    I share photos through Instagram with contacts who are not on my FB or my Twitter. And I want to keep them from my Twitter and FB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 03:52 AM
    What's instagram??? Duh...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 07:16 AM
    Not for my use.
    I share photos through Instagram with contacts who are not on my FB or my Twitter. And I want to keep them from my Twitter and FB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I can see that as a great use for it.

Its kinda funny though, more people are starting to post Twitpic links on twitter now, just for the photo preview. Some people dont have a choice, because who wants to blindly click a random instagram link? The Social Scope app still shows the photo preview but if you click the link from your phone/computer it opens the Instagram web site. Not good. Hopefully Instagram/Twitter will change this.
    12-10-12 07:32 AM

I nearly pooped, I laughed so hard .......
    12-10-12 07:45 AM
    For those who still don't understand the point of Instagram, take note the following thread is a Sticky. Who knows, maybe you even participated in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-game-727582/
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-10-12 09:53 AM
    Thats cool, but the rest of the world uses instagram and won't see your work.
    12-10-12 10:59 AM
    For those who still don't understand the point of Instagram, take note the following thread is a Sticky. Who knows, maybe you even participated in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-game-727582/
    That thread was a contest to win a BB10 phone. Not quite the same as Instagram.
    12-10-12 12:42 PM
    I just recently joined nstagram and i actually like it. I used to dislike it.....Ha! I use a couple sites on my BB and PB to view my following feeds. I dont really use the filters on there. I rather use photoshop if I really want to do some REAL editing.
    12-10-12 12:46 PM
    12-10-12 01:12 PM
    I just recently joined nstagram and i actually like it. I used to dislike it.....Ha! I use a couple sites on my BB and PB to view my following feeds. I dont really use the filters on there. I rather use photoshop if I really want to do some REAL editing.
    Oh heck yeah....but at times opportunities arise when you're away from your laptop.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-10-12 02:18 PM
    12-10-12 02:37 PM
    thats true, Instagram is well knowed for social networking for anyone who has ios and android ( very popular ) most of my friends/relatives has an instagram account, and they love sharing photos from each other. I wish I can do that one my bb phone and my playbook. good thing I have ipod touch and also another phone ( samsung ) and what a great way to share photos with them. The editing to post photo is limited, esp. if you want to share a panaromic image. it would only allow you to post a crop square shape, different filter effects are good, but not great. However I do wish I have it on my bold 9930. There are alternatives apps that Blackberry App world offers. But how many ppl do we know carry bb phones? ( In my case 2/10 ) If Blackberry 10 comes with Instagram, it would be a plus, if not then we would miss out another way of communications & social networking.
    12-10-12 04:16 PM
249 ... 8910