Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:39 PM
    This is from the Play On website:

[INFO] In order to use PlayOn on a BlackBerry 10 device, you will need to have both PlayOn installed and running on your PC and the PlayOn Mobile app on your phone. The PlayOn Mobile app is available as a free download from BlackBerry World.

• Once you have both the PlayOn media server installed (on your PC) and the mobile app installed on your mobile device, start PlayOn on your PC by clicking on Start under the General Settings tab in PlayOn settings if it is not already running.
    • Launch the mobile app on your phone while you are on the same network as the PC running PlayOn.
    • You should see the name of your PC appear on the start up screen on your phone. Select your PC on the mobile app and you will see a list of available PlayOn channels.
    • Next, take the following steps to "pair" your phone with the PlayOn server and activate the ability to watch PlayOn remotely over Wi-Fi or anywhere over 3G/4G.
      • Open up Playon settings on your PC, click on the Mobile Access tab, and check the box to Enable PlayOn Mobile Access.
      • Please be sure that your computer is not set to sleep. If your computer is sleeping you will not be able to access PlayOn.
      • You should now be able to automatically connect to your PC from other Wi-Fi networks, or even over 3G/4G.

[/INFO]
    08-04-13 11:59 PM
    Who know how to Play On on z10?-img_00000034.png
    This app not support for my country.
    But what I mean is this function below
    Who know how to Play On on z10?-img_00000035.png

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:39 AM
    Play on, the second screenshot, requires that you be on a wifi network with other DNLA compliant "reciever" devices, like a smart TV, BlueRay/DVD player, etc. I have a Sony Bravia TV and can play movies, music and display pictures off my Z10. It does tend to have a bit of lag, because the receiving device does do the decoding. So I do have to not fast forward on my music to fast. And some movies and songs won't play if my TV doesn't understand the codec's used etc. But all in all it works well and is pretty cool....and something iphones can only do if you have Apple TV products etc.... Were as BB just uses an open standard.

JR
    pol pot likes this.
    08-05-13 01:31 AM
    Play on, the second screenshot, requires that you be on a wifi network with other DNLA compliant "reciever" devices, like a smart TV, BlueRay/DVD player, etc. I have a Sony Bravia TV and can play movies, music and display pictures off my Z10. It does tend to have a bit of lag, because the receiving device does do the decoding. So I do have to not fast forward on my music to fast. And some movies and songs won't play if my TV doesn't understand the codec's used etc. But all in all it works well and is pretty cool....and something iphones can only do if you have Apple TV products etc.... Were as BB just uses an open standard.

JR
    Okay thank guy for ur good introduction

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 03:16 AM
    Two months ago, I pulled a prank on my friends. We were watching a soccer game. During the commercials, I used the Play On option to send a short video of me eating on my Samsung TV. My friends thought I was doing some commercial. It was my way to let them know the "Blackberry Power".
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-05-13 09:36 AM
    Two months ago, I pulled a prank on my friends. We were watching a soccer game. During the commercials, I used the Play On option to send a short video of me eating on my Samsung TV. My friends thought I was doing some commercial. It was my way to let them know the "Blackberry Power".
    Now that's some pretty funny stuff!
    08-05-13 09:43 AM
    I actually use it via my Xbox360 as my TV does not have wifi. Works pretty good.
    08-05-13 09:53 AM