*raises hand*

So I forgot the password for some reason while on a business trip and deleted EVERYTHING on my phone.

That sucked.

Discuss.
    03-03-08 10:15 PM
    OMG....how awful. You really are Michael from "The Office" aren't you? LOL
    03-03-08 10:21 PM
    eh, you really didn't need all that data anyway, obvioously.
    03-03-08 10:22 PM
    o i wiped it that didnt happpen but now my emai i have w blackberry i cant find the folder wher eu click to compose or check it i have to check it threw messages and i dont like thst and i used to be abe to go to my bank online now and i cant
    03-03-08 10:29 PM
    You should be able to resend your service books from the BIS websiteand/ or upload your backup files thru your BB Desktop manager on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 10:53 PM
    .........and no wipe outs - not yet. Good Luck.

03-03-08 10:55 PM
    so how do i retrieve my email icon back up that has my email addy underneath it
    03-03-08 11:40 PM
    Thank goodness I have yet to have this problem!!
    03-04-08 11:31 AM
    i just wiped my friends by accident yesterday.
    12-03-09 01:56 PM
    I have wiped my bbm so many times I'm afraid to do anything new to my bb. I started writing down my friends pins so I could request them again if I blow it again.

So basically u r not alone when it comes to accidentally wiped your bb.
    12-03-09 07:18 PM
    *raises hand*
    3 times !
    01-18-10 03:09 PM
    I didn't accidentally erase my phone data, but I DID accidentally start reformating my sd card while my bb was plugged in and when I realized and stopped it, it became corrupted so I ended up having to format it anyways. 3000 songs, and 700 ringtones gone just like that.

01-18-10 07:32 PM
    How can you accidently wipe a bb when there are certain intentional steps that need to be taken first, it's not like you hit a button and the phone wipes...
    01-18-10 10:04 PM
    How can you accidently wipe a bb when there are certain intentional steps that need to be taken first, it's not like you hit a button and the phone wipes...
    Forgetting password, stopping OS install midstream, trying to use the MFI
    without understanding how it works and a whole bunch of other things that
    gets posted around here.
    01-18-10 10:40 PM
    Haha don't even get me started.
    I was playing around with Bbsak to see what it does. I was curious. I accidently wiped my berry. I took me about a day and a half to get my bb up and running again becuz I only had it a week and I had to learn a bunch of things. I hope I never do that again.

01-18-10 10:47 PM
    Nope, haven't accidentally done anything like that to my BB yet. I think I'm too careful.
    01-18-10 10:56 PM
    ...so what is the next button or screen that pops up if you press Options Icon>Security options>General settings> and then the BB menu button and after you scroll to "WipeHandheld" sounds like you might know I have never been further then that ?

Makes me think it would wipe but idk if you get one more warning or not
    01-19-10 04:17 AM
    Had a 552 Reload Error that led to a 507 Error which in turn wiped my OS and data.

Learned a lot about fixing a bricked BlackBerry and restoring.

It wasn't an accident; but it sure wasn't intentional either!

01-19-10 04:41 AM
    not me,never.
    01-19-10 10:10 AM
    ...so what is the next button or screen that pops up if you press Options Icon>Security options>General settings> and then the BB menu button and after you scroll to "WipeHandheld" sounds like you might know I have never been further then that ?

Makes me think it would wipe but idk if you get one more warning or not
    It asks you to type in 'blackberry' to confirm.
    01-19-10 10:15 AM
    thats why i can't figure out how you 'accidentally' wipe a blackberry from fogetting the password. did you accidentally type 'blackberry' as well when it asked you to confirm the wipe? the OP said they 'accidentally' wiped it from a forgotten password. not from unplugging it midway through an os install. so, like a few others, how do you 'accidentally' wipe a blackberry?
    01-19-10 12:04 PM
    guilty as charged! **hand raised**
    01-19-10 12:42 PM
    My 11 year old brother tried to get into my 22 year old sister's Blackberry a
    couple of weeks ago and entered the wrong password to the limit and wiped her
    phone. Needless to say she was pretty pissed and of course I was laughing and
    told her that's what she gets for virtually never doing a backup. After I once went
    over things about the phone with her for a half hour and told her to do a regular
    backup. Women, can't live with 'em. The end
    01-19-10 12:46 PM
    im in agreement that I am happy that I have not had this problem yet
    01-19-10 01:01 PM
    Nope never happened, and if by some slim chance it did happen I wouldn't worry as I do regular backups basically every time I swap devices
    01-19-10 02:46 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD