if your tired like me, and want the classic and passport to be sold on sprint, please help and sign this petition and also share the word. we need as many signatures as we can to make sure sprint understand that blackberry users are as important and iphone and android users.

www.change.org/p/sprint-support-blackberry-devices
    03-30-15 08:36 AM
    I believe there is already a thread on this one started last week
    03-30-15 09:57 AM
    How can you get someone to sell something when there frequencies aren't in the phones yet? I have been checking the FCC OET filings for which no BlackBerrys have gone thru with Sprints frequencies on them. A petition doesn't do a damn thing when the devices haven't been made yet.
    03-30-15 10:44 AM
    As I mentioned on the last Sprint thread, it's very likely that Sprint won't be buying any more BB phones. That's because Sprint can't sell enough volume to make a profit on the minimum batch size needed to order custom radios and software.

See, Sprint is a rare CDMA carrier. Verizon is too, but they're huge, and have tons of enterprise and government contracts that Sprint lacks, so Verizon is able to sell enough devices that they can order a special run of BB phones and sell them all before they're obsolete. Sprint can't do that - that's why they're still selling the remnants of the batch of Q10s they ordered 2.5 years ago.

And because Sprint's radios are different from any other carrier's in the world, Sprint can't just order standard devices, or split a batch with someone - they have to pay for a custom batch, with custom radios and custom software, and probably at a minimum order of something like 50,000 phones. Those phones tie up a lot of Sprints money, and if they can't sell them quickly, they will end up losing money too.

It's much easier to design a single phone that will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's networks, which reduces the risks for everyone, because smaller batches could be ordered. But Sprint requires complete one-off phones, and that means they have to stick to buying phones that they can sell in high enough volumes. That isn't BB anymore.
    sentimentGX4 and JeepBB like this.
    03-30-15 08:10 PM
    How can you get someone to sell something when there frequencies aren't in the phones yet? I have been checking the FCC OET filings for which no BlackBerrys have gone thru with Sprints frequencies on them. A petition doesn't do a damn thing when the devices haven't been made yet.
    Off topic, at least for now: how does ESN/IMEI whitelisting work on Sprint? Do whitelisted test devices ever get de-listed?
    03-30-15 08:20 PM
    Off topic, at least for now: how does ESN/IMEI whitelisting work on Sprint? Do whitelisted test devices ever get de-listed?
    The devices are in Sprint's database, including the esn/imei's of every last Nexus 6 that has been built believe it or not, so no matter where that phone has been, can be activated on sprint. Basically every device that is coming to sprint, the manufacturer of the phone has already sent Sprint or Verizon the necessary info, or in some cases both carriers. Which is why you can do self activations too in which the MSL# will be sent to you during the activation process.
    Mr4aces and raino like this.
    03-31-15 08:15 AM
    Sprint?! Haha! Leave them. They are terrible. Problem solved.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Skidoo583 likes this.
    03-31-15 01:43 PM
    The devices are in Sprint's database, including the esn/imei's of every last Nexus 6 that has been built believe it or not, so no matter where that phone has been, can be activated on sprint. Basically every device that is coming to sprint, the manufacturer of the phone has already sent Sprint or Verizon the necessary info, or in some cases both carriers. Which is why you can do self activations too in which the MSL# will be sent to you during the activation process.
    But do they de-list ESNs/IMEIs from phones they were testing but ultimately decided not to carry? Or once it's on the list, it's on forever?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-31-15 04:10 PM
    I wanna start a petition to help get you off sprint

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:12 PM
    But do they de-list ESNs/IMEIs from phones they were testing but ultimately decided not to carry? Or once it's on the list, it's on forever?
    That you would have to ask Sprint. I guess as long as it is FCC approved device, it will stay there as long as the Network is active.
    raino and Mr4aces like this.
    03-31-15 04:46 PM
    As I mentioned on the last Sprint thread, it's very likely that Sprint won't be buying any more BB phones. That's because Sprint can't sell enough volume to make a profit on the minimum batch size needed to order custom radios and software.

See, Sprint is a rare CDMA carrier. Verizon is too, but they're huge, and have tons of enterprise and government contracts that Sprint lacks, so Verizon is able to sell enough devices that they can order a special run of BB phones and sell them all before they're obsolete. Sprint can't do that - that's why they're still selling the remnants of the batch of Q10s they ordered 2.5 years ago.

And because Sprint's radios are different from any other carrier's in the world, Sprint can't just order standard devices, or split a batch with someone - they have to pay for a custom batch, with custom radios and custom software, and probably at a minimum order of something like 50,000 phones. Those phones tie up a lot of Sprints money, and if they can't sell them quickly, they will end up losing money too.

It's much easier to design a single phone that will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's networks, which reduces the risks for everyone, because smaller batches could be ordered. But Sprint requires complete one-off phones, and that means they have to stick to buying phones that they can sell in high enough volumes. That isn't BB anymore.
    But didn't sprint want soldered sim cards in Blackberrys orders? Something blackberry didn't want to do.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-31-15 05:00 PM
    But didn't sprint want soldered sim cards in Blackberrys orders? Something blackberry didn't want to do.
    Interesting. Source?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-31-15 07:11 PM
    Interesting. Source?
    I don't remember when but sprint was pushing for built in sims so people couldn't leave their network. And sprint went to blackberry asking for it but blackberry denied it. Others like Samsung agreed to it. Or I could have read the article completely wrong. I think it goes back several years.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-31-15 08:05 PM
    I don't remember when but sprint was pushing for built in sims so people couldn't leave their network. And sprint went to blackberry asking for it but blackberry denied it. Others like Samsung agreed to it. Or I could have read the article completely wrong. I think it goes back several years.
    Hmm. Unless the issue was soldering the SIM slot in (what do they do otherwise??) I don't think the presence or absence of a SIM slot would have been the sticking point. After all, the Sprint Q10 has one, and IIRC, their 9930 does as well. Plus apparently Sprint kept saying that they would sell a 'full touchscreen BlackBerry' before the Z30 came out, so things must have been ok up until then, right? BB even sent the STA100-4 through the FCC.

FWIW, Verizon phones also have SIM card slots, and just like Sprint, they too use it for LTE.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-31-15 08:12 PM
    Hmm. Unless the issue was soldering the SIM slot in (what do they do otherwise??) I don't think the presence or absence of a SIM slot would have been the sticking point. After all, the Sprint Q10 has one, and IIRC, their 9930 does as well. Plus apparently Sprint kept saying that they would sell a 'full touchscreen BlackBerry' before the Z30 came out, so things must have been ok up until then, right? BB even sent the STA100-4 through the FCC.

FWIW, Verizon phones also have SIM card slots, and just like Sprint, they too use it for LTE.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but several years ago, only Samsung note 2 from sprint did not have a removable sim card. Same mother board as others but the sim was " soldered" in with the rear plastic covered, not having access to it. There were several other phones with the same blocked feature at that time. The report did show that sprint went to manufacturers asking for that feature and one thing mentioned is that blackberry would not agree to it. Was it for the z10 or z30, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:41 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but several years ago, only Samsung note 2 from sprint did not have a removable sim card. Same mother board as others but the sim was " soldered" in with the rear plastic covered, not having access to it. There were several other phones with the same blocked feature at that time. The report did show that sprint went to manufacturers asking for that feature and one thing mentioned is that blackberry would not agree to it. Was it for the z10 or z30, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, every phone that came out after that has had a removable sim card in it even if it was just a CDMA/LTE device. Ever since then every device has a sim card because sim cards do go bad, had to replace 2, one on my Q10, the other on my Samsung Ativ S Neo, windows phone.
    04-01-15 07:13 AM
    You are correct, every phone that came out after that has had a removable sim card in it even if it was just a CDMA/LTE device. Ever since then every device has a sim card because sim cards do go bad, had to replace 2, one on my Q10, the other on my Samsung Ativ S Neo, windows phone.
    Thanks. I remember it now. You guys are right: Sprint wanted SIM cards (not SIM card slots necessarily) permanently inaccessible, which even Verizon wasn't doing (probably because of band 13 rules, or else they would have tried ) But regardless, this matter was settled by the Q10 release, no?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-01-15 09:43 AM