It is now becoming apparent that TH is going to sell. So a simple question is, who would make the best partner?

On the surf ace, Microsoft seems like the best fit. Enterprise users will like the commonality of PC and WP compatibility, while still being able to be a firm competitor to iPhones/macs.

Hopefully this happens soon, because us loyal bb users are suffering due to the lack of developer interest and RIM's inability to design hardware that is state of the art.

I love my bb, but that does not make it a premium device. I am ready to have a phone that has unlimited capabilities and sets the bar high. I think MS gives me the best chance of that occurring.

Can't link it, but I saw where youmail dropped BB today as well.
    04-17-12 07:41 AM
    Really?..this post could not have gone into one of the other threads on the identical topic?..

p.s. No. it is not apparent that RIM will be sold.
    04-17-12 07:43 AM
    RIM can't make state of art hardware? I think the pb was when it came out. As for a partner? Or buyer I don't care as long as they continue wih bb10.
    04-17-12 07:50 AM
    Why do you think it's apparent RIM will sell when Thorsten said that's the last thing on his list to consider

Banks offer a variety of services
    04-17-12 08:20 AM
    I'm fine with what they're selling at the moment. I just hope that they have a BB10 device that runs like my Bold 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 08:25 AM
    Why do you think it's apparent RIM will sell when Thorsten said that's the last thing on his list to consider

Banks offer a variety of services
    Yes they do...and RIM already has banks on retainer. What could they possibly need a new bank for?

While I love the blind faith, the actual stock market will determine what RIM does. Equity trading determines credit availability, partnership opportunities, and eventually, the fate of the company.

RIM didn't even get the proverbial dead cat bounce when they changes CEO's, announced that they were pursuing new options and when the CEO said significant change is needed.

The only way to protect the large insider monetary interests is to sell, and I guaranty you, that large stakeholders are pushing RIM to get it done.

People have watched the market go up 35-40%, and meanwhile RIM has been in a free fall. Having the ability to sell, get $20 a share and write off their losses (hedges cap gain taxes on all the stocks they hold that were profitable) is very attractive.

Without desirable hardware, RIM has no way out, and the BYOD craze is going global, which could be the final blow. So, I hope Microsoft sees the value in the back room space that RIM is still a leader in.
    04-17-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD