Just popped into my local 3 mobile store in Lancaster, UK.

I went in as a customer and was served. Then I asked the question, as I noticed there were no BlackBerry smartphones on display. have you got any BlackBerry Smartphones. And the young girl told me. That they don't sell Blackberry's anymore and that they are not trading anymore and the company has been split up into parts and sold off.
    As she was adamant that she was telling the truth and what ever I said to correct her was wrong. I as a last resort informed her I was a BlackBerry Elite member, hoping it would help resolve this and that I knew she was wrong. She then told me, this is what is had been told. From who I don't know but can only assume it came from within 3 mobile. She then went on about Apps, software etc etc in what I believe to justify herself. But I had lost all interest by that point and left.

She may think it was the truth and all I could do is advise it wasn't and to look it up.

This post has been edited by myself as I may of gave the wrong impression to one or two.

I just wanted to share my experience with this sales assistant. Your thoughts on this are your own and appreciated. Please keep it civil.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 02-23-14 at 03:56 PM.
    02-23-14 06:51 AM
    That's what they will do not to have to sell BlackBerries. Amazing! Spread lies.
    02-23-14 07:05 AM

And asked. have you got any BlackBerry Smartphones. And the young girl told me. That BlackBerry are not trading and the company has been split up into parts and sold off.

Even though I told her I was a BlackBerry Elite and this info was false. She said this is what she has been told to say to customers.
    Even though I corrected her. She didn't care. And I made a point that you can't tell your customers this as it's un-true.

Then she lost track and attempted to justify it. As I walked out.

Posted via CB10
    That's when you grab a manager or call customer support and tell then that their stores are feeding severely wrong information to their customers. This type of stuff has to stop or BlackBerry will have no chance of a come back. An absolute joke.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 07:12 AM
    What a joke! Annoys me so much how people are against BlackBerry and will literally do anything to make people buy other phones!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 07:20 AM
    BlackBerry needs to tell the world it is not dead in the media. More than a letter from the CEO, or a blog. Advertising is needed. Products to sell are needed. It won't be cheap. They can't cower back and hope that businesses save them.

Posted via CB10
    web99, nappp, JeepBB and 11 others like this.
    02-23-14 07:26 AM
    Know what I would've done? I would have recorded the whole thing on video, then I would've called customer service or demanded to speak to a manager, let them speak to the person, then if they denied it, I would then show them the video and then... Watch the drama unfold. That's what I'd do. Would you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk (I'll use my Q10 by monday)
    habs_fan, web99, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-23-14 07:45 AM
    My husband, an ex BlackBerry user, doesn't understand why I get so irritated with the carriers. This is one example of why. My daughter uses a Z10 and gets misinformed comments like that room her school mates in middle school. It gets to be a bit much after awhile.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-23-14 07:54 AM
    BlackBerry needs to tell the world it is not dead in the media. More than a letter from the CEO, or a blog. Advertising is needed. Products to sell are needed. It won't be cheap. They can't cower back and hope that businesses save them.
    ^^^^ This, basically.

When you have no new product to sell, invisible marketing and zero advertising, and a CEO who has gone on record saying that Enterprise is now their focus... is anyone surprised that retail channels are spouting this "truth"?

Truth in quotes because I realise it's not actually true, but I wonder if the sales assistant genuinely believes it to be true based on the evidence of her own experience of recent BB sales and a misunderstanding of the well publicised company sale news and breakup into (internal) divisions.
    kbz1960, Drew808, bbq10l and 1 others like this.
    02-23-14 07:57 AM
    you should have asked her, who told her to say this to customers??? you should have asked her if bb is dead and sold off for parts then how come it is still being traded in the stock exchange? you should have reported this to her supervisor, the manager, his manager's manager.
    web99 and CollBERRY like this.
    02-23-14 08:29 AM

And asked. have you got any BlackBerry Smartphones. And the young girl told me. That BlackBerry are not trading and the company has been split up into parts and sold off.

Even though I told her I was a BlackBerry Elite and this info was false. She said this is what she has been told to say to customers.
    Even though I corrected her. She didn't care. And I made a point that you can't tell your customers this as it's un-true.

Then she lost track and attempted to justify it. As I walked out.

Posted via CB10
    If salespeople are telling prospective customers lies like this and there is no attempt to correct them, then it is no wonder BBRY sales are so poor. If I was an un-informed customer, it would steer me away from even thinking of getting a BB10 device.
    02-23-14 08:31 AM
    What's a "blackberry elite"? She must have rolled her eyes at this point surely?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-23-14 08:34 AM
    I have seen this in Romania, UK, Hungary, France, Italy in the last three months.

I feel I am alone in this fight to show the new device.

But I have also seen something annoying the iLovers...... Samsung has snapped up these markets with relentless marketing.

We should give our leader Chen a chance.
    02-23-14 08:41 AM
    ^^^^ This, basically.

When you have no new product to sell, invisible marketing and zero advertising, and a CEO who has gone on record saying that Enterprise is now their focus... is anyone surprised that retail channels are spouting this "truth"?

Truth in quotes because I realise it's not actually true, but I wonder if the sales assistant genuinely believes it to be true based on the evidence of her own experience of recent BB sales and a misunderstanding of the well publicised company sale news and breakup into (internal) divisions.
    No matter how many times people say it, it just doesn't penetrate the joy of having a conspiracy theory to explain away all your woes.

People hear of the sell off and split proposal and never see a single ad, promotion or bbry account manager. Couple this with selling virtually no bb10 phones and it's hardly surprising people come to these conclusions.
    Chens obsession with internal reorganisation and boardroom reshuffles is essentially brand/sales hibernation.
    Just as well they have tmos John Legere to drum up a little publicity for them, maybe marketing should hire him?

02-23-14 08:45 AM
    Chen don't care about consumers it enterprise now. Let's see how long this can last and BlackBerry remains a viable smart phone brand.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    02-23-14 08:51 AM
    The ability to support android apps should have been a kicker but not a peep from blackberry about this. The claim by some that all android apps doesn't work is hogwash...it is not an android phone it merely supports android apps, meaning that all android apps are not guaranteed to work.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    02-23-14 08:57 AM
    That girl must have been smoking something.
    02-23-14 08:57 AM
    No matter how many times people say it, it just doesn't penetrate the joy of having a conspiracy theory to explain away all your woes.

People hear of the sell off and split proposal and never see a single ad, promotion or bbry account manager. Couple this with selling virtually no bb10 phones and it's hardly surprising people come to these conclusions.
    Chens obsession with internal reorganisation and boardroom reshuffles is essentially brand/sales hibernation.
    Just as well they have tmos John Legere to drum up a little publicity for them, maybe marketing should hire him?

Who said anything about a conspiracy here? You've got clear evidence here of misinformation being spread AT THE POINT OF SALE, where it has the most direct and immediate impact on a consumer -- and one that went in looking for a BB, no less. Nobody is getting any joy out of it -- I have no idea what you're going on about there.

And as for new devices, there's this thing out there called a Z30 that only one US carrier is even offering. You have people saying they need more new devices, and then you have people saying there's too much fragmentation. Make up your minds. BBRY has to do something to get what they have into the hands of consumers. Allowing carriers to offer customers cash for trading their BB's for iPhones is clearly not one of those ways. Allowing retailers to advise their customers that BBRY is breaking up or no longer selling phones or whatever other horsehockey they're spreading is also not highly recommended.

Joy? Hardly. Outrage, just a little. Frustration, plenty.
    02-23-14 09:01 AM
    I can sort of understand why they may consider the US a tough market and perhaps limit marketing spend there. However, the UK has been a very strong market for them. Just madness not to market bb10 here. Their minds are elsewhere, South East Asia perhaps?

02-23-14 09:02 AM
    What's a "blackberry elite"? She must have rolled her eyes at this point surely?

I know I did.
    JeepBB, Drew808 and bbq10l like this.
    02-23-14 09:03 AM

You surely know what a BlackBerry Elite is...?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    What BlackBerry needs to do is make it worthwhile for the dealers and sales people to sell their phones - incentives, higher commissions, whatever it takes., Do you really think dealers and employees push other phones out of love for them or the goodness of their hearts (or even a dislike of BlackBerry)? NO - it's because they make more money doing so. That's a big issue BlackBerry needs to address.
    web99 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    02-23-14 09:08 AM
    Who said anything about a conspiracy here? You've got clear evidence here of misinformation being spread AT THE POINT OF SALE, where it has the most direct and immediate impact on a consumer -- and one that went in looking for a BB, no less. Nobody is getting any joy out of it -- I have no idea what you're going on about there.

And as for new devices, there's this thing out there called a Z30 that only one US carrier is even offering. You have people saying they need more new devices, and then you have people saying there's too much fragmentation. Make up your minds. BBRY has to do something to get what they have into the hands of consumers. Allowing carriers to offer customers cash for trading their BB's for iPhones is clearly not one of those ways. Allowing retailers to advise their customers that BBRY is breaking up or no longer selling phones or whatever other horsehockey they're spreading is also not highly recommended.

Joy? Hardly. Outrage, just a little. Frustration, plenty.
    You took him seriously? , I wouldn't have.

I agree they need marketing that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and ediggity like this.
    02-23-14 09:08 AM
    You took him seriously? , I wouldn't have.

I agree they need marketing that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    You don't take me seriously and then agree with the main point. You may lose your knighthood if you carry on that way....

JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-14 09:13 AM
    You surely know what a BlackBerry Elite is...?

Posted via CB10
    Bit like an Android ninja?

ZedMacahan likes this.
    02-23-14 09:17 AM

I guess that makes the rest of us blackberry peasants?
    02-23-14 09:26 AM
339 123 ...