Aside from a charismatic CEO, a reversal of negative image(and I'm not talking about that from the media) is needed, a better understanding of what the consumer really wants and find a way to either bridge the gap between the corporate world, small businesses, and anyone else that wants a good/cool/awesome smartphone that will be competitive with others. Also, a better understanding of exactly where BlackBerry is in the marketplace despite a few sales....nothing has changed. Overnight change? Not hardly. But progressively moving forward is better than making assumptions as your consumers are now automatically "prosumers" or they're dismissed. I wish them much "earned" success, but, "do-overs" don't happen often. So, get it right this time.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-13 07:20 AM
    Doesn't that a great deal about the lack of confidence, in BlackBerry, as a going concern?

And he effectively gained control for a fracting of the total buy value - not going to instill confidence on the stock exchange: they may well view this as an indication of BlackBerry's value!!!

Oh dear!!

Posted via CB10
    Not especially. It showed that Watsa is still very much confident in the company just that the numbers being offered didn't work. To be frank I still don't see how he is going to make money on this. He paid/will pay $10 and the interest is only 6%. Where the hell did he get such a low interest rate?

To me this seems like a better deal for him as it minimizes his risk/exposure, he gains control and he can steer the company in the direction as he wants. Chen and him will obviously work closely, don't be surprised if Chen gets permanent CEO but I can see the two working together to get a guy with their vision for the company, not Thors.
    11-05-13 10:29 AM
    Not especially. It showed that Watsa is still very much confident in the company just that the numbers being offered didn't work. To be frank I still don't see how he is going to make money on this. He paid/will pay $10 and the interest is only 6%. Where the hell did he get such a low interest rate?

To me this seems like a better deal for him as it minimizes his risk/exposure, he gains control and he can steer the company in the direction as he wants. Chen and him will obviously work closely, don't be surprised if Chen gets permanent CEO but I can see the two working together to get a guy with their vision for the company, not Thors.
    That's a valid point right there!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:58 AM
28 12