I've seen very little in the way of marketing bb10 here in the states. As much as it pains me to admit, the super bowl spot was enimic and the final 4 buy widely missed the mark. BlackBerry's challenge is convincing folks that it has something new, something better - that the company is back to innovating. The largest obstacle is overcoming the notion that its products are inadequate relics. Everybody who I tell that I ditched my iPhone for the z10 laughs, until they try it . Then there's a moment of cognitive dissonance, then they get it. BlackBerry needs a campaign that shows how good and different the os is. Overcoming notions of an antiquated, dying company is its major challenge. They don't seem to get it.

Also, getting low priced devices into the hands of people even if that means margins take a hit, (sorry, a $400 q5 is not lowcost, even for western markets), will create word of mouth, increase the number of devices in the wild and attract developers. It will also decrease production costs per device over time.

I'm sorry, but the company doesn't seem to grasp basic promotion and pricing.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-13 01:46 PM
    Poorly conceived marketing concept results in poor marketing. No sell through marketing/promotion plan equals only 2.7 million BB10 phones shipped in a quarter.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-01-13 01:54 PM
    The ONLY office the leaders of BlackBerry need to be gathered in is Frank's, their NEW CMO. The conversation should go like this.

Hey Frank. Where are the sales? You're in charge of our marketing, and there are no sales. We've run the same commercial with some guy on a magic carpet for the last 3 months. It says nothing about the phones being powerful, being all new, being amazing... nothing. What's the deal, Frank??

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    07-01-13 02:09 PM
    BB marketing team is a myth.I dont understand how they dont send emails out to the subscribers about new devices ,features and transistion to BB10.

As for the the Q5 and Z5 they should die after this run.Seems a loss of money to me now.There's no point putting out a slightly weaker version and i mean slightly of the same phone.A quarter of the money spent on making the diet phones would be better spent on adding the Z and Q10 with colours and pricing them at entry level price and marketing bucks.We know the A will be high priced and we know a bigger screen Q will come out at some point.

There's no point for these diet phones with the slow *** rollout Stick with 4 phones and 2 specials that are not priority.
    07-01-13 02:34 PM
    It's easy to criticize from the outside looking in. But we also have a unique and relatively objective perspective. I would love to know what their Org value system is like, so that we could try to determine the reason(s) for this mismanagement.

The street media's latest doom and gloom campaign will only make it harder for BlackBerry to convince enterprise, Joe consumer and developers to sign on to what is growingly seen as a failing company. Pretty sad state of affairs that requires smart marketing. I've seen exactly 0 signs of that.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-13 03:32 PM
    07-01-13 03:49 PM