Last night my Bold 9650 (non-camera model) BlackBerry was on a bureau next to my bed. Right next to it was a pretty full glass of water. The room was dark, and I forgot the glass of water was there. When I reached for the Bold, I bumped the glass with my hand. It didn't dump, but some water splashed out of it and went on the bureau all around and underneath my Bold! The Bold seemed surprisingly dry for the amount of water that was on the bureau. There were a few drops on the screen, and there was some on the outside of the back cover, as if most of the water had spilled next to and around the smartphone with some having seeped underneath. (I'm not sure about the keyboard; it seemed dry.) I even took the back cover off and pulled the battery to look, and it was all dry in there. Okay, my questions. Where are the water damage indicators? I didn't see any under the battery. Are there any that are visible without me having to remove the bezel(s)?
    03-22-12 08:05 AM
    There are actually 3. One internal you wont get to without opening the device, one on the battery itself, and one under the battery on the phone itself.
    03-22-12 08:09 AM
    Thank you! I'll take another look in the battery compartment in some better light.
    03-22-12 08:17 AM
    Its a small white sticker that changes color. On the battery its next to the terminals.
    03-22-12 08:54 AM
    Typically found under the battery, around the head phone jack and charging dock area, as well as around the HDMI/mini USB ports. These LID's will change color, typically from white to red or pink indicating water intrusion.
    03-22-12 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD