Does anyone know if Vivek Bhardwaj is still with BlackBerry?

His profiles on Twitter and Linkedin have changed recently.

On Linkedin his profile now has an end date of May 2013 as the Head of Software portfolio at BlackBerry.

His Twitter has also changed. He used to have a description of Head of Software Portfolio. It also had his business email address at BlackBerry where customers could email him. Like Michael Clewley, Vivek was awesome for responding to emails from customers. But his BlackBerry email address is gone along with his description of being Head of Software Portfolio.

Does anyone at CB know what's going on?

Bla1ze......how about some investigative reporting on this?

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:28 PM
    Yeah, I know the answer on that, no digging required...

Vivek left BlackBerry - over a month ago now. I found out on May 15th (day before my birthday... I remember it clearly). His decision. And he didn't leave for any other company.

He's been going full steam ahead for years now, and just wanted to take a break and get some downtime. He's enjoying the summer off right now with friends and family (think he actually went back to the UK for a bit to spend time with family - it's been a while since he's hung out there).

He knew the BlackBerry fans would be choked when the word came out, so he didn't want to make a big thing of his leaving at that point. And I honored that and said I'd keep my mouth shut as well (I don't think he'll mind that I'm addressing it now - it's been a while and eventually word was going to get out). When I chatted with him back on the 15th, he made it clear there was no ill-will against BlackBerry, and that he wished them all the best. He also said they have some cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Vivek is clearly an extremely talented guy, and is going to be able to land a gig again wherever he wants to and whenever he wants to. I'm pretty sure a guy who can crush technical demos on stage in front of thousands the way Vivek did can pretty much name their price.

Definitely a big loss for #TEAMBLACKBERRY, but I wish Vivek the best. Awesome guy. He did a lot of good for BlackBerry in his time there, and was clearly a favorite for many of us!
    06-22-14 11:38 PM

Vivek left BlackBerry - over a month ago now. I found out on May 15th (day before my birthday... I remember it clearly). His decision. And he didn't leave for any other company.

He's been going full steam ahead for years now, and just wanted to take a break and get some downtime. He's enjoying the summer off right now with friends and family (think he actually went back to the UK for a bit to spend time with family - it's been a while since he's hung out there).

He knew the BlackBerry fans would be choked when the word came out, so he didn't want to make a big thing of his leaving at that point. And I honored that and said I'd keep my mouth shut as well. When I chatted with him back on the 15th, he made it clear there was no ill-will against BlackBerry, and that he wished them all the best. He also said they have some cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Vivek is clearly an extremely talented guy, and is going to be able to land a gig again wherever he wants to and whenever he wants to. I'm pretty sure a guy who can crush technical demos on stage in front of thousands the Vivek did can pretty much name their price.

Definitely a big loss for #TEAMBLACKBERRY, but I wish Vivek the best. Awesome guy. He did a lot of good for BlackBerry in his time there, and was clearly for many of us!

WOW!!!!! Kevin Michaluk!!!!

I just had a post responded to by the one and only Kevin Michaluk!!!

This is so cool!! Thanks Kevin!!!

Too Bad Vivek has left. He was a great individual! Like I said in my post, Vivek is a classy guy like Michael Clewley is. I've emailed him in the past and he was always gracious enough to respond. Wish him all the best in the future. I hope that never ends with BlackBerry. They need people like Vivek and Michael who are always approachable and take the time to engage with customers whether through email or Twitter.

Cheers!!

Thanks again Kevin! Pleasant Surprise!

Posted via CB10
    stevepar and yvpan1 like this.
    06-22-14 11:50 PM

He knew the BlackBerry fans would be choked when the word came out, so he didn't want to make a big thing of his leaving at that point. And I honored that and said I'd keep my mouth shut as well (I don't think he'll mind that I'm addressing it now - it's been a while and eventually word was going to get out). When I chatted with him back on the 15th, he made it clear there was no ill-will against BlackBerry, and that he wished them all the best. He also said they have some cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Vivek is clearly an extremely talented guy, and is going to be able to land a gig again wherever he wants to and whenever he wants to. I'm pretty sure a guy who can crush technical demos on stage in front of thousands the way Vivek did can pretty much name their price.

Definitely a big loss for #TEAMBLACKBERRY, but I wish Vivek the best. Awesome guy. He did a lot of good for BlackBerry in his time there, and was clearly a favorite for many of us!
    Any chances after his downtime he may some day join BlackBerry again?
    sum one likes this.
    06-22-14 11:53 PM
    WOW!!!!! Kevin Michaluk!!!!

I just had a post responded to by the one and only Kevin Michaluk!!!

This is so cool!! Thanks Kevin!!!

Thanks again Kevin! Pleasant Surprise!

Posted via CB10
    My pleasure!!! And you're right about Michael Clewley... another totally AWESOME guy at BlackBerry.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-22-14 11:54 PM
    Wow, a big loss indeed. I wonder what made him quit, instead of taking a break for example. He surely has his reasons, but obviously that's a big loss for BlackBerry. They need professional and competent guys like him to show off their product and act efficiently behind the scene. I guess since John Chen has taken over, things changed quite a bit inside BlackBerry.

Anyway, he has plenty of choice where he can work now... after some well-deserved vacancies!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-23-14 12:03 AM
    Vivek was awesome with demos. Sure is a loss for BlackBerry. Best wishes for his future.
    06-23-14 12:12 AM
    Interesting story Kev, I hope we see him again one day. He had a nice calming tone to his voice that fit perfectly when presenting BlackBerry products. Idk but he just added some persona to the company with the way he spoke.

Goodluck to him though

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:16 AM
    Thanks to Viveks on stage demo I bought myself a Q10

Posted via Q10Bold
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-23-14 12:23 AM
    Vivek was awesome with demos. Sure is a loss for BlackBerry. Best wishes for his future.
    Agreed. He literary was the fa e of BB10!!

I'm wondering if his reason for leaving was that no vacation was given, due to the busy schedule - recall the on stage Bayer about him submitting in vacation time and the then CEO T. Heins said not anytime soon at Bb10 launch?! Had some humour to it but you could tell he wasn't too amused. Great guy wish him all the best and yet fearful that he'll end up at Google.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    06-23-14 12:44 AM
    He's the main guy I wanted to hear from instead of Thor.
    Vivek is natural on stage.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 01:02 AM
    Well that really sucks.

All the best to him, but not having him on Team BlackBerry is hugely disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:48 AM
    Vivek was really good on stage while he was presenting the products, you can see that he was passionate with their work.

Good luck to him and that was a well deserved break. I remember he was joking about it on stage with Thor on getting a vl or something.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 02:19 AM
    This is sad... he's one of my favorite BlackBerry guys! I'll definitely miss his demos

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 02:46 AM
    A loss for BlackBerry
    As said, Vivek was a natural on stage with demoing products and one of the most helpful top guys and definitely one of my favorites. He even thought about the community while leaving and didn't announce it publicly right after. Wish him all the best for the future

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 02:55 AM
    Though this is normal for any company. BlackBerry should secure good employes. We have seen good people leaving company recently. I hope Chen can find talented and passionate people or he has a backup plan.
    milo53 and parapep10 like this.
    06-23-14 02:59 AM
    My favourite! Ah well, good luck to him.
    06-23-14 03:00 AM
    Thanks for sharing Keivn.

Vivek was indeed one of the best Blackberry presenters. He is skilled and passionate and also a pleasent guy to be around. I sure will miss him!
    06-23-14 03:17 AM
    Even i was wondering what happened to him as there was no word or appearance from him for a long time. Ah sad to see him leave. He was one the best guys at BlackBerry.
    06-23-14 04:18 AM
    That's a real shame. The guy seemed honest and had real enthusiasm for BlackBerry. Perhaps when he's recharged, he might come back. Can't really blame the guy for some downtime. He friggin deserved that alright.
    06-23-14 05:37 AM
    Hey Kevin I need email of guys taking care of BBM. I have some valuable suggestions which can help BBM kick Watsapp @$$...please help me. I am not sure if I shall be heard but being an MS In Telecom guy hope they atleast consider my feedback. There are by far too many updates. Better to have 1 very good all features covered update. Feel free to email me on [email protected] Thanks again
    06-23-14 05:41 AM
    Not to break the flow but isn't JC on BNN Passport video awesome too?
    06-23-14 05:46 AM
    He was about as exciting as watching paint dry with Thorsten and the screwy BlackBerry 10 launch. Their European accents didn't make up for their lacklustre on-stage bore fest. Kevin even regretted trimming his hair as I recall.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-23-14 05:56 AM
    Not to break the flow but isn't JC on BNN Passport video awesome too?
    Agree. John is starting to promote the phones now (more). I guess he is starting to feel more comfortable in this area. He must have heard some of the complaints/constructive criticism given on CB about that. Way to go John! Keep up the good Work! Long Live BlackBerry.
    06-23-14 06:02 AM
    He was about as exciting as watching paint dry with Thorsten and the screwy BlackBerry 10 launch.
    Why are you here? If everything is atrocious in every aspect where BlackBerry is concerned, perhaps you'd like to go haunt another forum for another phone/platform, made by another company.
    06-23-14 06:07 AM
75 123