The Z30 got announced today and we never heard a word from him. I'm getting tired of the silence.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:05 AM
    Nobody wants to be the public face of a failure.
    09-18-13 09:10 AM
    He's busy trying to find a deal for November, along with numerous meetings with a financial planner.

Really though, it's extremely odd for a tech CEO to not be at his own company's product launch event.
    09-18-13 09:25 AM
    There was no launch event it was a press release
    Dude_9 likes this.
    09-18-13 09:28 AM
    Out buying a 55 million dollar yacht

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:37 AM
    Standing outside an Apple store waiting for a 5S?

and hopefully picking up some information on marketing.....
    09-18-13 09:51 AM
    He's preparing for the earnings call, where he is needed more.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and KDB84 like this.
    09-18-13 09:55 AM
    Standing outside an Apple store waiting for a 5S?

and hopefully picking up some information on marketing.....
    lol
    09-18-13 09:56 AM
    Man these launch events were getting way over done, I'm glad they went the press release route. It saves them money and avoids ridicule from all the "tech " sites live blogs.

If someone feels like launch events are needed, take a look at other tech sites during a launch and see the sarcastic tone that the live blogs have taken. It's become more of the same even apples was under whelming.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-18-13 09:58 AM
    Under a large pile of money.

This is how I picture him at this point:

Where is Thorsten Heins hiding?-scrooge.jpg
    09-18-13 10:01 AM
    He's preparing for the earnings call, where he is needed more.

Posted via CB10
    really? with over a week to the earnings call, a day to fly to, announce and fly back is too much effort as a CEO to launch your flagship smartphone?
    gives ya great confidence in the product I guess when the boss wont even get behind it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-18-13 10:08 AM
    He is planning on how to invest his 50 mil.
    09-18-13 10:10 AM
    Where indeed.
    Where is Thorsten Heins hiding?-puppet-master.jpg
    09-18-13 10:11 AM
    Man these launch events were getting way over done, I'm glad they went the press release route. It saves them money and avoids ridicule from all the "tech " sites live blogs.
    Yeah, all those front page articles on tech sites and national press. Millions worth of free advertising for your new products. Yuck.
    09-18-13 10:13 AM
    Yeah, all those front page articles on tech sites and national press. Millions worth of free advertising for your new products. Yuck.
    lol. was definitely a misstep for sure.
    09-18-13 10:26 AM
    lol. was definitely a misstep for sure.
    So just because there wasn't an hour of them talking about features that could be explained in five minutes it won't get any time on the news.. you guys are ridiculous, just this morning I saw five tweets from different news outlets about the z30. And yes even if they did a launch event it would of been the same thing...

what extra marketing are they missing out on? the verge doing an hour long live blog with every article stating how blackberry is already dead and comments about how it's too little too late. I had more friends message me about this phone then they did about the z10... case and point. You dont need these extravagant Broadway shows or a white back drop while explaining how you came up with the idea to release a phone.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and cbvinh like this.
    09-18-13 11:26 AM
    It doesn't have to be Heins but at least one BBRY executive or senior, such as VP of the region, should have been in attendance at the launch. Nothing extravagant or keynote-like, but a nod from the company at a more intimate gathering of the "family". Was there?

It absolutely makes sense that Heins doesn't show up or talk much because anything he says may be potentially over-interpreted at this sensitive time and there could be serious corporate/financial/regulatory repercussions.
    09-18-13 11:44 AM
    When Thorsten woke up it was like pulling his mind out of a vat of viscous syrup. He was naked apart from a white sheet rapped around his hips and groin like a nappy.
    "Who the heck am I?" he groaned. He had an uncomfortable feeling he had missed something. An urgent appointment or event.
    "You're Alibaba." said an old, plump toad of a man who presented a smouldering pipe to Thorsten's face. The blue smoke curved and writhed like a belly dancer.
    "Alibaba," said Thorsten, and he smiled. Luxuriously he pursed his lips and took a deep, satisfying toke on the pipe. The smoke flowed out of his nose, his eyes rolled up, showing the whites, and he fell into the lap of a suited man sitting next to him.
    "Keep him like that," Said the man. "Use as much opium as you need. You will be generously rewarded."
    "Leave him in my hands, Mr. Cook. I will keep him in a faraway land." said the plump toad.
    The suited man slid an envelope across the rug. "This is to keep you interested. The rest will follow. Oh, and call me Tim."
    "Yes Mr Cook, of course."

Thorsten had discovered something amazing. At the centre of a smooth, cartoon land was a tree. It was the Dream Tree. For fruit, it grew little white pills that made you dream. Whenever a dream started to wear off Thorsten could scurry back to the tree and take another dose.
    "It's a great tree. I really think you are going to have fun with this one." he said to himself.

On an oak desk in an office in windy Canada the red eye of a Z30 blinked awake.
    "Thorsten?" said the Z30, "Thorsten are you there?"
    The room was quiet.
    The pretty, red eye winked seductively.
    "I know you are there my cheeky German sausage, come and get me."
    The room stayed quiet.
    The screen of the Z30 came to life. The calendar app opened.
    "Oh f...k," said the Z30, "we've missed the launch."
    The phone began to vibrate. The shaking became more violent until the table legs rattled against the floor. Soon the whole room was shuddering as though in an earthquake. Up, out of the Z30's screen, rose a woman. She was clasped in tight, shiny latex armour. Her boots were hard and her fists were hungry for violence.

She slipped the phone into her breast pocket and kicked down the office door.

Thorsten was not happy. Everything had been fantastic until Mickey Mouse had shown up in Dream Land. He was sitting there now in front of Thorsten, smoking a cigarette. Thorsten had never liked Mickey Mouse.
    "You gotta get with the picture, buddy, get with the muthaf....n picture." said Mickey. He took a drag of his cigarette and blew the smoke in Thorsten's face. "You just ain't eatin enough of these here dream berries, buddy. You gotta take this sh.t deeper."
    "I like it just like this," said Thorsten.
    "No fu....ng way," said Mickey, "this sucks Pluto's balls, buddy. you gotta go deeper. The hot sh.t is deeper down."
    "You're crazy." said Thorsten.
    "I'm crazy? You think I'm muthaf...g crazy? listen up. Whose the one sittin here talkin to muthaf...g Mickey Mouse? It ain't me, that's for sure," said Mickey Mouse.
    "You're not real." said Thorsten.
    "Ok smart ***, if I'm not real how comes your STILL sittin here talkin to me?" Mickey was getting angry. He took a violent drag of his cigarette and blew the smoke right into Thorsten's mouth.
    "You Bas....d," said Thorsten and he launched himself at the big mouse.
    But Mickey was stronger than he looked. Thorsten's nose cracked as Mickey's big hairy forearm whacked him in the face. The mouse got him in a neck lock and rammed him into the floor."
    "Oh you ARE gonna have more pills alright. I'm gonna thumb the little fuc...rs down your scrawny throat."
    Thorsten had never liked Mickey Mouse.

On the roof of BlackBerry HQ was a helicopter. Management could no longer afford to fly it but it was kept under guard with a full tank in case of emergency.
    The two guards saw the woman approach. "Who the hell are y-"
    "I'm Mrs Z30," she said as the guards fell to the ground, unconscious.
    In the helicopter the on board computer was causing problems. A big red X was flashing on the screen, "you are not authorised to fly me, input correct finger print now."
    Mrs Z30 pushed her index finger onto the screen.
    "Unauthorised. You have been locked out of the system. Please try again in fifteen minutes "
    "Motherf....g finger print scanner." said Mrs Z30 and the big screen broke into a cracked grin as she rammed her boot into it.
    Soon, a black helicopter with a white berry studded on its side was breaking international air boundaries as it made a beeline for Malaysia.

(...to be continued)

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    09-18-13 12:00 PM
    The Z30 got announced today and we never heard a word from him. I'm getting tired of the silence.

Posted via CB10
    He is waiting, first in line, for the iPhone 5S at the Amundsen-Scott Research Station, South Pole, Antarctica!

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-18-13 12:05 PM
    O Romeo, Romeo, warum bist du Romeo?
    09-18-13 12:28 PM
    Where's Waldo Thorsten?

Where is Thorsten Heins hiding?-atthebeach.jpg
    09-18-13 12:51 PM
    Lmfao best post ever

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:54 PM
    Busy handing out pink slips to reach his target of getting rid of 40% of BB workforce by the end of the year.
    09-18-13 01:44 PM
    He's in Kevins box

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:33 PM
    Where's Waldo Thorsten?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AtTheBeach.jpg 
Views:	1170 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	203118
    Lol! Good one.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F