I've just soent 2 hours trying to use Itunes to buy music and download to my 8800 blackberry with a 2gb micro SD Card only to find out that it can't be done. Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to be able to use my phone as a MP3 player. I'm starting to hate Apple more and more everyday. Why do they care where I download my music to. I payed for it....
    01-03-08 02:43 PM
    You can't use the DRM iTunes on a BB, there are ways around it, such as using some app on your PC to strip away the DRM code, or burn the iTunes to a CD, etc. Look around here in the Media section and you'll find what you need to do it .

http://forums.crackberry.com/f38/

Good luck.
    01-03-08 03:06 PM
    My way around the DRM is to burn the music onto a cd and then rip it back onto my computer. Extra steps, but better than no music on my BB.

I haven't tried this before, but maybe converting your file in iTunes would remove the DRM (Advanced > Convert Selection to ...)? The 'Convert Selection to ...' is whatever you have chosen in Edit > Preferences > Advanced Tab > Importing Tab > Import using. I have my default to AAC Encoder but then I found a trimming program for me to make my own ringtones and it only takes MP3's. I thought I had to re-rip my songs to MP3 format, but then found that iTunes already has a menu to convert it for me.
    01-03-08 03:19 PM
    Hey oldgeek, these people are right!
    01-03-08 03:21 PM
    Thanks guys, I'm going to do so more reading here on the forums to find the easiest way to download and covert. I have the media manager and hope it will help. Just was looking for a one stop shop to download and put on my Blackberry.
    01-03-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD