Come on guys, we need to stick together to get BlackBerry back on track!

All the hate, finger pointing and accusing won't get us anywhere. We're not acting like the CrackBerry I know and love!

Sure the lack of a BB10 update for PlayBook is a bummer, but Thor and the PB team tried their best, but obviously weren't prepared to release a system that would perform poorly.

I spent the majority of the Friday on CrackBerry after the earnings call, and I expected to see a lot of optimism to cheer me up (I'm a long holder), but instead I was greeted with harsh, aggressive and pessimistic shouting that really made me feel bad about BlackBerry's future.

Fellow CrackBerry users, we ARE the future of BlackBerry - they need our help now more than ever before, these are not easy times and we shouldn't expect a quick and simple recovery.

A long and tough road is ahead, but if we stick together we are sure to succeed and bring the awesomeness of BB10 to everyone!

Am I alone in still loving BlackBerry? Has everyone abandoned the company? Or does the love still remain?

Please say it does, for we are the last hope

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:36 PM
    It has gone wherever they are developing blackberry 10 for PlayBook, oh wait.....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:38 PM
    And lot of us are still here standing by blackberry.

There are just more complainers in the wood works - and most folks who care have stepped back or let em have their fun.

Give em a few more days and they will disperse - they always do.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-30-13 06:57 PM
    I get discouraged...i do, but i have a perfectly good iPhone 4s dead in the cabinet and the Z in my hands typing this message so I'm going stick it out and probably go get the Q in September ( yeah, I snatch my family's upgrades, what of it?)

Z10
    06-30-13 07:20 PM
    If you watched the last podcast from the Crackberry guys, you will understand how it's different this time. Everyone is here voicing their opinions and concerns because we all sort of know that this is the last hurrah of BB. When the company tells us that units are selling out and that they will sell "tens of millions" of phones, and you get the true numbers on Friday, you begin to understand how bad it is. Seven million subscribers left BB in a span of just six months. I'm no Apple disciple, but to put it in perspective, Blackberry sold just 2.7 million BB10 phones for three months. Apple sold almost 2 million iPhone 5 phones in one week.

It is almost impossible to gain momentum again after the initial excitement of the BB10 roll-out. You can't easily generate interest from the general public and media multiple times before they walk. Think about what's ahead for the next two to three months as far as Blackberry in the media. Other than a few reported lower tier phones, this is pretty much it. All hope is on the Q10/Q5 as no one really sees the Z10 suddenly gaining huge sales numbers.

As I've stated in other posts, the only thing really left to do is for us to stick with the company until the end (with the frustrations and all that goes with it). I don't equate complaining or showing concern as not liking the product or the company. Quite opposite actually. Now, more than ever, the true users need to step up and voice their concerns about the company's future. Ultimately, we all want the company (and Thorsten) to succeed.
    Last edited by mishii247; 06-30-13 at 10:52 PM.
    06-30-13 10:34 PM
    I am here too. Will keep the faith. Honestly, I just love my Z10, plain and simple. Bummed about the PlayBook but nothing I can do about it. Hope BlackBerry will step it up with marketing.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    Mohammed Zakaria1 likes this.
    06-30-13 10:36 PM
    I love my z10

Posted via CB10
    Prince Radebe likes this.
    06-30-13 10:44 PM
    I still love blackberry and I think they will succeed

Posted via CB10
    sagii likes this.
    06-30-13 10:53 PM
    And lot of us are still here standing by blackberry.

There are just more complainers in the wood works - and most folks who care have stepped back or let em have their fun.

Give em a few more days and they will disperse - they always do.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Agreed. I've never seen a kid having a tantrum in the grocery store have enough energy to keep it up for too long.

From Zed to U via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    06-30-13 10:54 PM
    Same place as Heinz's credibility down the toilet.
    newcollector likes this.
    06-30-13 10:59 PM
    Very good points OP... i would not bother too much about all the negativity going on at Crackberry at the moment ...lot of Shareholders lost lot of paper money on Friday...Lot of them were hoping that this quater alone would be sufficient to turn things around.
    As a customer I am very happy with Z10 and as a shareholder i think they will do fine over time.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:13 PM
    Sure the lack of a BB10 update for PlayBook is a bummer, but Thor and the PB team tried their best, but obviously weren't prepared to release a system that would perform poorly.
    It's not the performance that is poor. After playing with the devices, I love them.

However, for a company that hopes to return to the game, their marketing strategy is poor.

Since they technically scratched BB7 as BB10 is not backwards compatible, they should've accounted for the fact that BB10 will need a whole new user base. They needed to rebuild the ecosystem from scratch and you can't do that with prohibitively priced handsets.

Samsung cracked the Apple shell by availability and pricing mostly. BB needed to do that, because without a decent userbase, developers won't see the benefit of creating apps for BB and without apps the system won't expand beyond the initial user base. All this means that a great platform (BB10) might just die in time, unless they can rally people under their banner.

There's no need to point fingers too much, the company had a poor strategy.

There's no need to panic, there's still time to come back on track.

But as a guy who is passionate about technology, I feel so bad seeing a really good system going to waste because of poor strategy.

Ironically, now I use Android (a system I profoundly dislike) because the one I like (BB) won't update my handset and the actual new handsets are price well above premium Android handsets.
    07-01-13 04:11 AM
    Fellow CrackBerry users, we ARE the future of BlackBerry - they need our help now more than ever before, these are not easy times and we shouldn't expect a quick and simple recovery.
    There's the problem. CB isn't the future of BlackBerry. Everyone here already bought the Z10 or the Q10 or both. The evangelism isn't working. It is BLACKBERRY that has to make the significant changes in the way it behaves. 6 months ago the same things were being said.

And so far, all you have are excuses, missed deadlines, a fragmented ecosystem and a bunch of irritated customers - just like you but without quite the same level of enthusiasm.
    07-01-13 04:46 AM
    Umm the true BlackBerry fans are being driven mad and most of them are banned.. All you have left here are Android kids stirring the pot.. I don't think BlackBerry would take CrackBerry seriously anymore..
    jrohland and victorshikhman like this.
    07-01-13 04:54 AM
    Umm the true BlackBerry fans are being driven mad and most of them are banned.. All you have left here are Android kids stirring the pot.. I don't think BlackBerry would take CrackBerry seriously anymore..
    A lot of these "Android kids," as you put it, are former longtime BB users and only very recent converts to Android. Many of us still care very much about what happens to BB and to its users. I for one have very fond memories of how great BB used to be and what a wonderful place CB was to share tips and tricks and learn things, particularly when BB was at the top of its game and had a majority share of the smartphone market. You only joined CB last month so you would know nothing about those days here.
    07-01-13 06:11 AM
    You know, I was going to stay away from the forum but I will not let this pass.

What is a "true Blackberry fan?" One that refuses to accept change and becomes a drama queen or one who supports the company's direction and accepts that while the OS is in its infancy and does indeed lack certain features, is willing to BUY the new products? I've carried BlackBerry devices since 2004 and I've got a Z10....I'm no Android kid. I'm still here. I'm supporting the company. I'm just not some egotistical selfcentered attention seeking drama queen who wants to have the company cater to me alone.

The ones banned deserved what they got.
    07-01-13 06:27 AM
    there's only 1 meaning of a fan.. everything else is just trying to show your skill
    07-01-13 06:37 AM
    Was there any good in their report? People were led to believe that the playbook would be getting BB10 and it's not. People thought things changed with the new CEO but now it seems its the same old coming out of them. There were claims of millions of sales way above actual sales. There are still missing apps.

What is there to love? Sure the Z and Q have a pretty awesome OS but still has bugs and missing features. Maybe it isn't BBRY's fault and maybe it is but a lot of users are still putting up with random reboots.

A lot of users have put up with bugs and mediocre phones compared to the competition for years simply because they do like the messaging capabilities compared to the others and the security provided. But a person can only take so much, they are venting their frustration with a company they do like very much and DO want to see them succeed but BBRY seems to continue to make bad decisions and opening their mouth when it should be shut.

Sure we have our trolls but there are a lot of mad and frustrated users.

So how about listing something to love other than the way the OS works beyond the bugs which some even don't like the new OS.
    07-01-13 06:40 AM
    there's only 1 meaning of a fan.. everything else is just trying to show your skill
    So define it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-01-13 06:40 AM
    So define it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    There are always 2 ways to look at a situation.

Fans see the positive
    Haters see the negative

Fans accept the situation
    Haters object the situation

Fans are encouraging
    Haters are discouraging

Fans show respect
    Haters show disrespect

Fans like something for what it is
    Haters want it to be something to like

you get the point i hope?
    07-01-13 06:45 AM
    Fans drank the Koolaid
    Normal people did not
    07-01-13 06:46 AM
    Fans drank the Koolaid
    Normal people did not
    lol.. fans for everything around the world drink koolaid.. that's what a fan is.. If I'm going to be reasonable and calculative about who I am supporting.. that doesn't really make me a fan..
    richardat likes this.
    07-01-13 06:48 AM
    Are you aware of the origins of "drinking the koolaid"?
    07-01-13 06:53 AM
    Are you aware of the origins of "drinking the koolaid"?
    Like i said.. 2 ways to see everything..

Fans see the positive in drinking koolaid
    Haters see the negative in drinking koolaid

What a sorry day.. even Belfast got banned and you are still posting here.
    07-01-13 06:59 AM
    Wow - you are filled with rage and anger.
    Belfast got banned - guess he earned it.

Are you aware of the origins of "drinking the koolaid" - Yes Or No.
    Enyigma likes this.
    07-01-13 07:01 AM
129 123 ...