Hello all,
    I don't know if anybody have read or heard about the article in my local newspaper "The Record". I just thought you might want to know this.

Here is the story:

RIM employee stole BlackBerrys

KITCHENER � A former employee of Research in Motion pleaded guilty Tuesday to stealing 104 BlackBerrys from the Waterloo company.

Pritam Dhillon, 54, had worked at RIM as a repair technician for 2 � years, Kitchener�s Ontario Court heard. He had access to many new and used BlackBerrys.

Late on the night of March 25 and into the morning of March 26, while he was working, Dhillon carried BlackBerrys outside to a fenced-in patio area of the company. He put them in a garbage container.

Later, he collected them, put them in bags and threw them over the fence. He filled three bags with 104 of the hand-held electronic devices worth a total of $31,000.

At 2:30 a.m., a security guard on patrol found the bags. He called another guard and together, they replaced the bags with decoys.

They watched as Dhillon pulled up at the end of his shift. When he realized the bags weren�t the same ones he�d left, he drove away. He was arrested later.

Video of the patio area showed he took five breaks that night to go out to the patio area and empty his pockets of BlackBerrys.

He pleaded guilty to theft over $5,000. He was fired and his wife, who also worked there, left.

Dhillon came to Canada from India in 2005. He had been a veterinarian there for 22 years and is taking his qualifying exams here.

He will be sentenced Sept. 25.

[email protected]
    07-29-09 05:02 PM
    I wonder if he got busted stuffing chihuahuas in garbage bags over in India...
    07-29-09 05:07 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA! Thats hilarious!
    07-29-09 05:33 PM
    What a dumbazz idea... Complete ***** I'd say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 05:43 PM
    LOL thats funny...
    07-29-09 07:22 PM
    ahahaha, what a moron.
    07-29-09 07:31 PM
    Just think, when a phone breaks and has YOUR info on it,it is sent for repair,they could have access to info stored on those devices. This guy was only caught this one time! What hasn't he been caught for in the past???

07-29-09 07:36 PM
    Sounds like he put a little bit of thought into it. He shoulda figured out the route the guards take on their walks first tho

07-29-09 07:36 PM
    Just think, when a phone breaks and has YOUR info on it,it is sent for repair,they could have access to info stored on those devices. This guy was only caught this one time! What hasn't he been caught for in the past???

People don't back-up and wipe their Blackberrys before sending them out for service?! That's not bright.
    07-29-09 07:37 PM
    Not always possible to wipe first, and a lot of owners don't even know they can B/U or wipe. Unfortunatly some folks never install DM or connect their BB to their computer. Sad but True...

07-29-09 07:47 PM
    True. Even more reason to use a password.
    07-29-09 07:49 PM
    Makes me wonder how many phones dissapear every year this way..Us honest people end up paying for them in the end!!

07-29-09 08:29 PM
    That really was funny.
    07-29-09 08:47 PM
    I wonder how he planned on getting rid of them without anyone noticing. Hawking that many devices is going to be pretty hard to do when you know they are going to be watching ebay/cragislist. Most pawn shops won't take them either. *****.
    07-29-09 09:30 PM
    Steve jobs dog hired the guy to steal them.

07-29-09 09:38 PM
    Wow. Working for RIM would be awesome for me! I would never steal from them. Information is good enough! Damn!

07-29-09 10:18 PM
    What a waste, it would be amazing to work for RIM, and that guy just wrecked it, what a moron.
    07-29-09 10:42 PM
    So.... I hear there's a new job opening at RIM.

And I TOLD him all I wanted was ONE Storm 2. Not 102.

And I hope he didn't break any when he threw them over the fence. *tear* :'(
    07-29-09 11:03 PM
    well done....keepin it gangsta fuk all da rich a$$ maddafU*kers, who knows what the real story is, u loosers just typing here i bet if you guys had chance you wud have done it too, I wud lol

Русский гангстер готовы делать что-либо
    Borya
    08-07-09 02:38 PM
    well done....keepin it gangsta fuk all da rich a$$ maddafU*kers, who knows what the real story is, u loosers just typing here i bet if you guys had chance you wud have done it too, I wud lol

You sir, are a degenerate. BTW, learn how to type like an adult or these gangsters here will eat you alive...
    08-07-09 02:46 PM
    I really do hope this was a joke, there really aren't people here this ignorant, are there?
    08-07-09 03:21 PM
    Gangsters are stealing and selling Blackberries? And here I thought gangsters sold drugs.
    08-07-09 03:31 PM
    Gangsters are stealing and selling Blackberries? And here I thought gangsters sold drugs.
    Isn't drug an addiction? So inst your BB an addiction? Isn't this website called "Crack" berry?!!? lol hope this answers your question. :P
    08-07-09 04:54 PM
    That was a pretty Bold move.
    08-07-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD