The new facebook isnt that big of a deal..It would be nice if blackberry came out with a facebook chat app...I mean beejive isnt available for the 9630 and I.M. Plus is terrible.....Lets get facebook chat!!..lol...and what is up with the themes??...Hasnt rim updated there software for themes??..I dont get it lol..
    10-17-09 12:50 PM
    1. There is no facebook chat for Blackberry. Many of us feel the same way you do about wanting it.

2. Plazmic updates were released for the 9630 a few weeks after the phone dropped. The phone comes with a stock theme. You can download and install any theme you want, there's thousands out there now.
    10-17-09 12:53 PM
    If the FB app had chat, it would eat too much battery and memory...
    10-17-09 12:54 PM
    If the FB app had chat, it would eat too much battery and memory...
    SD is probably correct. Unfortunately.....that's not a good excuse. Someone could easily say "well, the iPhone's battery and the Android's battery can handle it!"
    10-17-09 12:56 PM
    Right, there lies one problem. The Facebook for Iphone app: Made by Facebook.

The Facebook for Blackberry app: Made by RIM
    10-17-09 12:59 PM
    Yeah like the chats in messenger goups kills battery and I'm onlt in 2
    10-17-09 01:00 PM
    BBM 5.0 is a battery drain period...
    10-17-09 01:02 PM
    I understand about the facebook chat maybe it will come out one day...and as far as the themes are concerned...i know the stock themes on my phone exist obviously...i downloaded themes already and there half made meaning that the fonts done change most everything is stock accept for the icons?...I have no idea why..if plazmic updated there software idk why its still like that?..I have the foreberry and an iphone theme..etc
    10-17-09 02:00 PM
    There is still bugs with Plazmic, developers are waiting on a official release, not a patch like they previously received...
    10-17-09 02:02 PM
    Oh i see wat ur saying...what a waste of time..
    10-17-09 02:08 PM
    There isnt a point in having a theme unless it is fully developed ya know..
    10-17-09 02:21 PM
    I have a couple that work just fine for me, they were made from scratch, not ported over to allow use for a different device...
    10-17-09 02:23 PM
    No mine work fine but the incoming call screen and other things are stock...so i dont understand that,,
    10-17-09 02:29 PM
    Right, they can't skin those until they get an official release. Many have the same complaint as you, including me. RIM needs to hurry up...
    10-17-09 02:31 PM
    I totally agree...and there is facebook chat dude with beejive i.m. and I.M. plus but that one is awful..facebook chat doesnt even work on that
    10-17-09 02:54 PM
    Apps that have Facebook Chat:

Palringo (Free)
    Numbuzz (Free)
    IM+ ($)
    JiveTalk ($)

Both pay versions even support push notifications to help with batery drain.
    10-18-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD