I upgraded to 4.5 a week or so ago and it was a disaster. It may have been a complete coincidence that my Curve battery went the same day, or the upgrade fried my battery somehow. Random shutdowns galore. They gave me a new one at the T-mo store, not even asking my name. Cool. I am back with 4.2.

But here's my question. Go to, or G shortcut in the 4.2 browser, brings up sort of a history. It's not recent pages, nor bookmarks, but sort of the main address history. nytimes, cnn, crackberry, but not specific pages I visited in those sites. I like it. It makes it simple to return to often visited sites, or to enter a new one.

But my recollection of the 4.5 Go to was something different. i didn't like it, but I forget what it was. T-mo just released the official 4.5 and I am thinking of giving the upgrade another go. But can someone tell me where the "go to" goes to now, and if I can configure 4.5 to go the same place as 4.2?

Sounds confusing, but I am hoping that those who have upgraded have noticed the same difference that I did.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-21-08 at 09:05 AM.
    10-21-08 08:57 AM
    i am upgrading right now... if i have any issues i'll pm or bbm you..
    10-21-08 09:50 AM
    "Go to" is where you would type in a web address, the screen is just formated a little different in 4.5...if you look at the very top of the screen you will see "http://www." Already entered for you, just type in the address. Below that you have some of your bookmarks & further down recent history.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 09:58 AM
    OK John thanks. Yeah Mic but 4.2 was cleaner. i didn't spend much time with 4.5 it because of all the problems I was having. Right, type in a new address, or just a letter or two and it's selected for you, or roll the trackball to the saved whatever they are addresses. So it IS different in 4.5. You prefer it?

"Go to" is where you would type in a web address, the screen is just formated a little different in 4.5...if you look at the very top of the screen you will see "http://www." Already entered for you, just type in the address. Below that you have some of your bookmarks & further down recent history.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD