- CrackBerry Genius
- 1,562 Posts
Where do these statistics come from?
Just read this over at n4bb.com which is great news for RIM!
With BlackBerry 10 RIM Expected to Ship 35.5 Million Devices by FY14 - N4BB
I was wondering where the statistics come from... How do they estimate such numbers of handsets to sell. based on what? Am I part of that 35.5 million? because im definetely upgrading to bb10, but havent been part of any market research or anything like that.....
any experts shed light on this?
- 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM #2
They're not "statistics," they're predictions. In the last 4 quarters, RIM sold about 42 million phones. Taking into account that the last 2 quarters are probably more representative of the general trend, about 17.5 million phones sold, it's not a big stretch to predict 35.5 million or so phones. And yes, you're included in the 35..5 million.
- 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM #4
I'm not included in the 35.5 million yet, because those analysts just have no idea how likely it is that many members of my family, who have not been big BlackBerry customers in the past, will be getting BB10 phones.
Of course, that's partly (largely?) because of my influence, and my involvement in developing BB10 apps, but if the analysts thought this attitude was more widespread they'd have price targets of $60 on the stock, and be predicting 50M phones sold instead. ;-)
- 11-23-2012, 01:59 PM #6
Rim used to ship 13-15 million a quarter so even if they are doing 10-12 a quarter the 35 million number is really not surprising. Of course this all depends on if bb10 is a hit or not.~Matt
OnePlus One, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, 16GB PB, Z10 LE
- 11-23-2012, 02:06 PM #7
If we can get those numbers shipped in 2013 then the apps WILL comeSent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- 11-23-2012, 02:26 PM #8
With that said BB10 is a much easier platform to develop on than BBOS and if the numbers come and the 'let's bash RIM at every chance we get' mentality in the press subsides a little, it will improve.
- By NegatedVoid in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 13Last Post: 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
- By LittleRedDot in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 14Last Post: 05-06-2009, 03:54 AM
- By SocaZeus in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-2009, 10:28 AM
- By chocolatelady in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 6Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM