I noticed that the appworld app has dissapeared from my 9650..any possible reasons and/or solutions would be much appreciated..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 03:56 AM
    Not sure, my 9700 still has it. Maybe try to redownload from BB's website, but I'd first call customer service.

Maybe it was hidden ny accident as well. Try to show hidden icons and see if that helps.

01-06-11 05:43 AM
    Did you change your theme? Sometimes a new theme will stick it in a different folder like applications or downloads.

01-06-11 05:49 AM
    It hasn't disappeared from my 9650 on 5.975.

01-06-11 06:40 AM
    I thought it might be hidden as well..but no.customer service will have to get involved for sure.I've checked all the folders as well to see if it somehow got misplaced.lol kinda annoying to be honest with you

01-06-11 08:55 AM
    Right, go into Options -> Applications -> Add-on, then find BlackBerry App World in there, uninstall if it is there (if not, try 3rd party and core from the same menu as where Add-on was). If you cannot find it in any of those 3 places, go to BlackBerry App World from your mobile device, and install it OTA. It should then re-appear. I did something similar for when my Facebook icon went AWOL from the theme I had been using for a few months.
    01-06-11 09:04 AM
    If you are on OS6, on your home screen go to search, type it in and it will find it if it is on your phone, not sure if OS5 has this search feature
    01-06-11 10:16 AM
    Downloaded it OTA..wasn't in any of those folders,but is working fine now.its weird though because I don't use themes..I've had this 9650 on 5.975 for 2 months now.thank you for the tips!

01-06-11 01:51 PM
    By the way FYI today was annpounced the new BB App World Beta 2.1 if you are in the Beta program from RIM
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/defa...ct=index&item=

If you are not you can still go here and sign up to grab it.
    I know this has nothing to do with the post here but thought I would throw it in for anyone who wants to go for it.
    01-06-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD