I have causally read this site for a couple of years now and found it to be very helpful. I have however never posted anything there and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place.

My question is where is the best place to sell a blackberry? When I upgraded to the storm I was left with a next to new 8830 with all of the accessories that will no longer work for me and I have no idea where to sell it.

Please forgive me if I'm doing this wrong but I could find no good suggestions in the search.
    01-12-09 03:30 PM
    Marketplace:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/

Craigslist or ebay works, too.
    01-12-09 03:31 PM
    I usually sell my "old" Blackberry phones on CraigsList. You can get your money the same day most times, and are less likely to be scammed.
    01-12-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah, I'd go with Craigslist.
    ONLY do local deals though, anyone who e-mails you about anything like china sales or anything in other countries, don't even reply.
    01-12-09 04:10 PM
    i've had good luck with ebay. i sold a phone and got a good price for it.

You can watch your action right from ebay mobile too!

i'd advise taking paypal payments only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:13 PM
    I've never dealt with ebay or paypal, is there a fee to list or use either? I have a Moto Q and 3 Treo's to get rid of and I've been looking around the last few days trying to find a place to sell.
    01-12-09 04:37 PM
    Yes, there are seller fees. i don't recall how much and they are listed on ebay. It's small and i think totally worth it!

Paypal is a free service. Make sure you sign up for a "personal" paypal account if that's the route you take.

01-12-09 04:40 PM
    I've never dealt with ebay or paypal, is there a fee to list or use either? I have a Moto Q and 3 Treo's to get rid of and I've been looking around the last few days trying to find a place to sell.

Ebay has listing fees (usually under a dollar) plus a small fee once your auction sells that depends on the price of the sale. Paypal also has fees as well as an escrow.
    01-12-09 04:41 PM
    i've found that if i take a credit card payment then there is a fee, a percentage taken. If a buyer pays with a paypal account there is no fee.

For example my last item that sold went for 79.99 plus 6.99 shipping. My total seller fee was around 6 bucks.

01-12-09 04:44 PM
    Thanks, I was thinking about listing them locally 1st, just to try and avoid scams. Then if that did't work go to ebay or craigs list. you all have been very helpful thanks again.
    01-12-09 04:47 PM
    Cool. Good luck!

01-12-09 04:49 PM
    Ebay andpay pal fees will add up to easily 10% usually so keep that in mind. Craig's List is a better bet.
    01-12-09 05:12 PM
    Ebay, forums your talk on, craigslist and any social network.
    01-12-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD