Wrong. You might see mentions of "promotional consideration," but if you're seeing "paid" then the credits are incorrect.

Apple has testified to exactly this in federal court.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...-movies-2012-8

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Semantics... if they are "giving away product" which is clearly stated in the linked article, then they are "paying" for product placement.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:25 PM
    This is correct. If you're doing a TV show or movie, you can simply contact Apple and tell them what you reasonably need, and they'll show up in a day or two. But that's the only "payment" that Apple will make.
    I would dispute that. You're saying a production company will accept payment of iPhones/iPads/iMacs over cash + product from Microsoft?

So...the producers of '50 Shades of Grey' would accept payment of a few iPhones & iMacs rather than a 6 or 7 figure sum from Microsoft for placement in a top grossing film? I highly doubt it.
    dolco likes this.
    02-28-15 09:54 PM
    Semantics... if they are "giving away product" which is clearly stated in the linked article, then they are "paying" for product placement.

Posted via CB10
    And I'll refer you to my original post.
    Where I clearly said "they don't pay cash."
    Not semantics.
    Just,.....ya know,....."words."

jmr1015 likes this.
    02-28-15 10:04 PM
    Lol @ people wanting to see Classic and Passport in the season 3 of the series... when do you think it was recorded? During the holidays? Come on people at least wish it for season 4 to be realistic

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    The point being, if BlackBerry was smart and knew that season three was coming in February they could have gave Classics, they were readdy long before they were released, and if they had said here's some classics for filming, and we'll have a bunch more at launch for yiur staff, it would have been an excellent marketing op

BB for Life
    02-28-15 10:27 PM
    The point being, if BlackBerry was smart and knew that season three was coming in February they could have given Classics. They were ready long before they were released. And if they had said, "Here's some Classics for filming and we'll have a bunch more at launch for your staff", it would have been an excellent marketing op
    On the surface, it makes BlackBerry look extremely short sighted and lazy. But there's likely a lot more to it than that.
    02-28-15 10:54 PM
    Based on what facts? The previous episode (from previous season) is not that far back in the course of time.
    The previous seasons are already a thing of the past, how many times did you see a Blackberry in season 3 episodes. Facts?, I thought this is TV.

Ever watch "Veep" on HBO? Everyone uses one.
    Oh, I don't spend time watching that much TV.

Do they paint the White House blue too, or do they reflect reality as it's seen in real government?
    Why would they want to paint it blue?, because there is a red Blackberry passport?.
    02-28-15 11:41 PM
    Why are you on a forum dealing with a matter of past? :-D

Posted via CB10
    Can't you tell, I still have a working Z10, something to toy around with leaks.
    02-28-15 11:43 PM
    I would dispute that. You're saying a production company will accept payment of iPhones/iPads/iMacs over cash + product from Microsoft?

So...the producers of '50 Shades of Grey' would accept payment of a few iPhones & iMacs rather than a 6 or 7 figure sum from Microsoft for placement in a top grossing film? I highly doubt it.
    Microsoft is pretty particular about the shows they will pay to sponsor - they want family-friendly stuff, and they're only going to be interested in bigger productions with lots of screen-time, which is why they target TV shows over movies, though they'll give hardware for movies that fit their criteria.

Not that that's anything new. You'd be surprised how much free stuff a movie or TV show can get from companies.
    03-01-15 01:11 AM
    Why would there be any different variety of phones from the last season's last episode to the next seasons first episode? They happen consecutively in the course of time.
    Well theoretically you're right. But while season 1 and 2 were full of BlackBerrys, after having seen the first 4 episodes of the 3rd season, I have only seen exactly ONE BlackBerry - the one Doug Stamper used to call the office, as featured in a screenshot on the previous page.
    03-01-15 03:31 AM
    Doug uses a bold

Remy uses a Z10

Frank uses a bold

A campaign worker uses a bold

Claire briefly uses a bold to make a call

The ex-girlfriend of Rachel uses a curve

I might have missed one or two, but that's all within the first 6 episodes. I hope that answers your question

The thing is that none of them are show cased, they just happen to be phones people are using; the reason being BlackBerry not paying for product placement. Microsoft, Apple, Dell and Samsung all gave products and or money for their products to be prominently placed.

Posted via CB10
    oaknut john likes this.
    03-01-15 04:19 AM
    Just about who paid the most.

Not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately again, it's all about this stupid invention called money.

Never mind that the real President of the US has a BlackBerry. And in the Seasons before he used a Bold.
    03-01-15 06:53 AM
    Microsoft is pretty particular about the shows they will pay to sponsor - they want family-friendly stuff, and they're only going to be interested in bigger productions with lots of screen-time, which is why they target TV shows over movies, though they'll give hardware for movies that fit their criteria.

Not that that's anything new. You'd be surprised how much free stuff a movie or TV show can get from companies.
    If that is the case, BlackBerry's marketing department could have made some calls and shown up on the scene with a box of Classics and/or Passports, or even Q10s. Then we'd see a whole bunch of them in HOC or 50 Shades.

Either they didn't do it because they're short sighted or lazy, the others offered cash, or those production companies are simply sour on the brand.
    03-01-15 07:05 AM
    I was wrong everyone. The guy (advisor) who got a windows phone finally revealed his blackberry. Whew finally showed up in episode 3. Now all I need to see is Frank whip out a classic.

Attachment 337732
    Where are the BlackBerrys in House of Cards Season 3?-jc5vi91.jpg

16 minutes into this season's first episode, Claire gave Doug this phone to reach them. The full frontal shot of this Windows phone stayed on screen for more than 5 seconds.
    03-01-15 09:13 AM
    Finished season 3. The BlackBerries are few and far between unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:23 AM
    Only saw it when one of the characters was on a call and he goes "hold on let me call you over my secure line" then he whips out his BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:26 AM
    Doug already had a BlackBerry. Claire gave him the windows phone with only one contact in it.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:31 AM
    Doug Stamper is dead, unlike BlackBerry. Does he come back from the dead in the third season?

Posted via CB10
    Doug never died.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:32 AM
    Here is head of Homeland Security using a 9900 Where are the BlackBerrys in House of Cards Season 3?-screen-shot-2015-03-01-16.47.38.png
    03-01-15 10:49 AM
    Lol @ people wanting to see Classic and Passport in the season 3 of the series... when do you think it was recorded? During the holidays? Come on people at least wish it for season 4 to be realistic

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    There's no season 4, at least if it mimics the original British series.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:49 AM
    There's no season 4, at least if it mimics the original British series.

Posted via CB10
    There has to be a season 4. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    oaknut john likes this.
    03-01-15 10:50 AM
    Doug Stamper is dead, unlike BlackBerry. Does he come back from the dead in the third season?

Posted via CB10
    He may or may not actually be dead....
    03-01-15 10:52 AM
    Apple actually has a policy of NEVER "paying" for product placement.
    I put that in quotes because I mean, they don't pay cash.
    But like with the recent episode of modern family that takes place entirely within facetime windows on an OS X desktop, they provide the products themselves.

But no cash.

I don't know about MSoft or any other companies.

Hi tchocky, do you know when Apple adopted the policy of not paying for product placement? I recently re-watched Runaway Jury (2003) - IMDb and the iPod product placement was extremely cringeworthy (and I can still remember it making me cringe the first time I saw the film!)
    03-01-15 12:54 PM
    Hi tchocky, do you know when Apple adopted the policy of not paying for product placement? I recently re-watched Runaway Jury (2003) - IMDb and the iPod product placement was extremely cringeworthy (and I can still remember it making me cringe the first time I saw the film!)
    I do not. No. But I assume it's a Steve Jobs thing. So,....1997? That's a guess though.

03-01-15 05:20 PM
    Could you guys also leave out the spoilers?

Not everyone can sit and watch for twelve hours straight.

03-01-15 05:21 PM
    Could you guys also leave out the spoilers?

Not everyone can sit and watch for twelve hours straight.
    I haven't even had a chance to start season 3 yet. Lol
    03-01-15 05:56 PM
72 123