The Quad core S4 pro with the Adreno 320 will be shipping with an LG phone in a matter of weeks.
    yes and how many other devices are coming out with that chipset within the next few months, not very many.

like i said they could have almost to top of class hardware
    09-04-12 08:17 AM
    yes and how many other devices are coming out with that chipset within the next few months, not very many.

like i said they could have almost to top of class hardware
    Most likley the next line of nexus phones and the premium win8 devices made my sammy and lg that will be out by December, heck I wouldnt be surprised if nokia will be using same chip set as they need one of a phone to turn its fortunes around. So Rim will have something on an even keel not better in chip power. Plus we all know Rim sucks in the ram and chip department over last 3 years compared to compition. Yes they finally are turning things around but with a 2013 release they are not bettering anyone here as they are using current available chip tech. If anything will make hardware performance greater then anything else is the gnx based os.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-12 10:30 AM
    did anyone notice i said almost top class?
    09-04-12 10:44 AM
    battery battery battery!
    No more Crappy 9900 battery life!
    09-04-12 01:27 PM
    battery battery battery!
    considerign the size of the 9900s battery the life is pretty damn good
    09-04-12 01:30 PM
    battery battery battery!
    I think the battery life on the BB's is awesome. Coming from a HTC EvoShift, that I had to plug in all the time- used any apps and the battery got sucked dry!

I think that we all obviously have different wants/needs from a phone. I LOVE my BB and will hold out for the 10. I have my tablet that uses Droid apps to fill in what I can't do on my BB.

Come on BB10 (with keyboard of course)!
    09-04-12 01:31 PM
    I do very much like the Playbook, but I knew so much about it even before it was released, so I had no problems when I got one. However, go through the posts on this thread and you will see many have observed people in stores pick up a Playbook and after a couple of seconds they put it back down. Apple has implemented gestures on their iPad that almost make the home button irrelevant, however they have not done away with the home button, likely because most users would not know what to do. What is great about RIM is that they are trying to be innovative and trying to stand out among the others, however this can backfire. The perception that there is a learning curve may turn off a lot of potential buyers. On the other hand, if they market this thing right, consumers will perceive that the device/OS is really cool and unique, and will make the effort to try it out.
    Me having used Playbook's gestures and iOS gestures. The iOS gestures are more complicated where as for PB it's just swipe from one of the bezels. Not much learning. But a new user would be lost in how to get to the home screen.

But for iOS gestures, using multiple fingers, not really that intuitive. Like four fingers sliding to the side to cycling through apps? Which is equivalent to sliding from one of the side bezels on PB.
    09-04-12 01:36 PM
    Me having used Playbook's gestures and iOS gestures. The iOS gestures are more complicated where as for PB it's just swipe from one of the bezels. Not much learning. But a new user would be lost in how to get to the home screen.

But for iOS gestures, using multiple fingers, not really that intuitive. Like four fingers sliding to the side to cycling through apps? Which is equivalent to sliding from one of the side bezels on PB.
    In my experience, either gestures are as easy to learn and use. The only thing that iOS cannot do via gestures is to make the device active. As for Android, all phones have either physical or virtual buttons, but the tablets do not. I do not recall what they have in terms of gestures and making the device active.
    09-04-12 02:27 PM
    did anyone notice i said almost top class?

yes, we noticed you said it'll use a chipset that 'is yet to be introduced'. Why are you being so defensive simply because your statement has been shown to be untrue?

The LG superphone has been handled and benchmarked. Dev units using the chipset are out in the wild. The chipset HAS been introduced.
    09-05-12 12:54 AM
    i'm not being defensive, it hasn't been introduced for sale yet.

they have been unvailed in 3 devices so far, one being Qualcomms own tablet to show off this chipset the others are still in the works, although as you stated the LG is near release
    09-05-12 01:14 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD