Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 123 of 123
Like Tree94Likes
  1. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,539 Posts
    #101  

    Default

    ha people thought BB were not gonna filter apps as we can see they werent joking.They were never gonna collect apps then just release them in the store.Their app control is tight there's plenty apps we know have been made but their not available in store.

    Overall the app situation is nothing but a rocky road with BB and BB users begging for apps to be built.
  2. ichat's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,581 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?
    #102  

    Default Where are the apps?

    Give it a while, sometimes we want quality, not quantity.

    Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
  3. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,948 Global Posts
    #103  

    Default Where are the apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    ha people thought BB were not gonna filter apps as we can see they werent joking.They were never gonna collect apps then just release them in the store.Their app control is tight there's plenty apps we know have been made but their not available in store.

    Overall the app situation is nothing but a rocky road with BB and BB users begging for apps to be built.
    Have you seen some of the crap in app world? Their filter must be severely broken.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (02-08-2013) 
    Rickroller likes this.
  4. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,284 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    #104  

    Default

    if you are looking for sideloading I have a thread here that can help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7948661

    there are a lot of top apps that are confirmed as working
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  5. brmiller1976's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #105  

    Default

    Wow. The Android brigade is out in force.

    Android is based on Java -- so dangerous that the US government is encouraging users to simply disable and uninstall it. Apple has updated its OS to uninstall it.

    But that's FUD! Apple and the US government are conspiring against Android!

    And the largest security firms have pointed out that Android is a dangerous, buggy mess loaded with malware and security risks galore... but it is all a conspiracy!

    All of us who have had trouble with Android should list every malware app we've identified personally... because the Android Fan Brigade is more adept at dissecting and analyzing malware than Kapersky or Trend Micro.

    This is pure tech comedy.
  6. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,446 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #106  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Wow. The Android brigade is out in force.

    Android is based on Java -- so dangerous that the US government is encouraging users to simply disable and uninstall it. Apple has updated its OS to uninstall it.

    But that's FUD! Apple and the US government are conspiring against Android!

    And the largest security firms have pointed out that Android is a dangerous, buggy mess loaded with malware and security risks galore... but it is all a conspiracy!

    All of us who have had trouble with Android should list every malware app we've identified personally... because the Android Fan Brigade is more adept at dissecting and analyzing malware than Kapersky or Trend Micro.

    This is pure tech comedy.
    We're not asking everyone to list their malware apps. Just you. Seeing as you're the one who has done extensive troubleshooting with 2/3rds of your friends Androids, and helped narrow one particular game down to being malicious. So which apps were these again?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by 2:
    randall2580 (02-08-2013),  reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    TgeekB, reeneebob and mikeo007 like this.
  7. Xpwmata's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #107  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    ..........
  8. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #108  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Wow. The Android brigade is out in force.

    Android is based on Java -- so dangerous that the US government is encouraging users to simply disable and uninstall it. Apple has updated its OS to uninstall it.

    But that's FUD! Apple and the US government are conspiring against Android!

    And the largest security firms have pointed out that Android is a dangerous, buggy mess loaded with malware and security risks galore... but it is all a conspiracy!

    All of us who have had trouble with Android should list every malware app we've identified personally... because the Android Fan Brigade is more adept at dissecting and analyzing malware than Kapersky or Trend Micro.

    This is pure tech comedy.
    Isn't BlackBerry legacy OS, considered one of, if not the, most secure OSes, based on Java?
    Tech comedy indeed.
    Rickroller likes this.
  9. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #110  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    How the heck did this turn into a discussion of malware on Android phones?
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  10. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,580 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #111  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    We're not asking everyone to list their malware apps. Just you. Seeing as you're the one who has done extensive troubleshooting with 2/3rds of your friends Androids, and helped narrow one particular game down to being malicious. So which apps were these again?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    And the dance continues.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  11. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,580 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #112  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    That post has been reposted 4 times by the same troll who keeps getting banned and re-registering to repost the same thing over and over.

    Don't expect an answer.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 and Rickroller like this.
  12. TgeekB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,576 Global Posts
    #113  

    Default

    I don't believe those are the apps or type of apps that this thread was originally speaking about. Somehow, the thread had deflected the original intent so as not to answer the question. I am waiting until US launch to see if things have improved, not only with apps, but also with being to access my push Gmail. We shall see.
  13. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,446 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #114  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HurtsHkj View Post
    That is not a solution. It's like saying - Sideload apps or live without apps.

    This concerns me -

    MX player - No 5 on Google Play
    Permission problem - Close other apps
    Allows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.

    No app can do this in BB10.
    Unless you understand how the app works, then listing what it's permissions are is moot. In the case of MX Player, you simply cannot have 2 music players running, so if one is, and MX Player wants to run (because you selected it), it needs to close the other one.

    And ALL of your examples are nowhere near Malware examples. There is absolutely nothing there that shows mis-intent or that there has actually been harm done. Do you honestly think something would be #5 in the Google Play list if it was doing random things and spamming people? Do you know how many people have downloaded that app and tried it out or use it on a regular basis (me being one of them, for the last 2 years)? You need to post PROOF of malware, not what you think may be "suspicious".
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    TgeekB and reeneebob like this.
  14. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,042 Global Posts
    #115  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Unless you understand how the app works, then listing what it's permissions are is moot. In the case of MX Player, you simply cannot have 2 music players running, so if one is, and MX Player wants to run (because you selected it), it needs to close the other one.

    And ALL of your examples are nowhere near Malware examples. There is absolutely nothing there that shows mis-intent or that there has actually been harm done. Do you honestly think something would be #5 in the Google Play list if it was doing random things and spamming people? Do you know how many people have downloaded that app and tried it out or use it on a regular basis (me being one of them, for the last 2 years)? You need to post PROOF of malware, not what you think may be "suspicious".
    Exactly.

    I wasn't even going to touch on this, as I think it would be a bit confusing. MX plays video too, IIRC. So he permission actually makes sense if one thinks about it.
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    reeneebob likes this.
  15. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,042 Global Posts
    #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb101234 View Post
    you guys make me laugh. what has cb turned into?
    A haven for curiously named newbies, perhaps? LOL.

    Welcome... again.
    Thanked by 2:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    reeneebob likes this.
  16. raysgrumpy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #117  

    Default

    I don't know a lot about BB10, but are you saying that it can run 2 different music players at the same time? What is your definition of multitask? On my Nexus 4, I can listen to a podcast, browse FB, download an app and receive notifications at the same time. That's multitasking enough in my book
  17. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,042 Global Posts
    #118  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    I don't know a lot about BB10, but are you saying that it can run 2 different music players at the same time? What is your definition of multitask? On my Nexus 4, I can listen to a podcast, browse FB, download an app and receive notifications at the same time. That's multitasking enough in my book
    Someone posted in an earlier thread that you can run FIVE videos at the same time, IIRC LOL.
  18. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,042 Global Posts
    #119  

    Default

    I guess the responsible thing to do, regardless of those who want to , uh, teach us about mobile evolution, is to try to talk about the topic at hand.

    We all can agree that BBRY is trying to solve the app issue, can we not?
  19. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,446 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #120  

    Default

    As for Zedge app (which you had listed at #20), it has been downloaded over 50 million times, and is one of Cnets top ranked apps. As for the permissions, this is right from the Play Store:
    Your Personal Information
    Read Contact Data and Write Contact Data
    We need these permissions in order to set contact ringtones in the app. Without this, it's impossible to offer the "set as configured ringtone" feature which many of you appreciate. We DO NOT read, transfer,store, or use any of your personal infromation or contact data. This permission has always been required-we did not add it recently.

    So again, without understanding why apps work, please don't bother with your lame attempts at fear mongering. Perhaps you should focus your attentions on KNOWN spam apps such as those produced for Blackberry's by JaredCo.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by 2:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013),  TgeekB (02-08-2013) 
    reeneebob and raysgrumpy like this.
  20. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,446 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #121  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    How the heck did this turn into a discussion of malware on Android phones?
    I think someone *cough* brmiller76 *cough* left his tinfoil hat on too long..
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    reeneebob likes this.
  21. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,580 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #122  

    Default Re: Where are the apps?

    I'm sure the mods love having to re ban the same person over and over again.

    Someone has too much free time on their hands.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Rickroller likes this.
  22. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,948 Global Posts
    #123  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I'm sure the mods love having to re ban the same person over and over again.

    Someone has too much free time on their hands.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    I know it would be unethical, but if I were moderating a forum where some tool constantly wasted my time like that, I would accidentally post their IP address...
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (02-08-2013) 
    reeneebob and Rickroller like this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. Where are the apps?!?
    By Pat6290 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
  2. Where are the apps?!?
    By Pat6290 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
  3. Where are the APPS!?!?
    By lulla01 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
  4. Where are the APPS!?!?
    By lulla01 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
  5. Where are the apps?
    By Spaceheater in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions