Fixed for accuracy. The newest androids are blazing fast, smooth, stuffed full of excellent features and have a very healthy app store for every individual's needs and wants.
    They also are going to have over 1,000,000 (that's one MILLION) malware apps by the end of 2013 at the current rate of development.

You know all those annoying "someone is saying something bad about you on this web site, click here" messages you get from friends on Twitter? That's all Android malware -- people downloading a game or utility that accesses all of their messaging services and converts their phone into a spam and malware distribution hub.

One of my Android-using friends couldn't figure out why he was using over 9 gigs of data a month -- we isolated to a four-star-rated Android game that was converting his phone into a botnet spoke that was spamming millions of people. The app is still on the Google Play market, he tells me.

Until Android receives a fundamental re-engineering, top to bottom, it's the smartphone equivalent of Windows 95 -- a malware-choked, swiss-cheese-firewalled, privacy-destroying security nightmare.
    undone likes this.
    02-02-13 08:33 PM
    At least if I bought one off BBW or iTunes, whatever the Nokia one is called, at least I know that it will work.
    do you own a playbook? you will be in for a nasty surprise.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 08:49 PM
    They also are going to have over 1,000,000 (that's one MILLION) malware apps by the end of 2013 at the current rate of development.

You know all those annoying "someone is saying something bad about you on this web site, click here" messages you get from friends on Twitter? That's all Android malware -- people downloading a game or utility that accesses all of their messaging services and converts their phone into a spam and malware distribution hub.

One of my Android-using friends couldn't figure out why he was using over 9 gigs of data a month -- we isolated to a four-star-rated Android game that was converting his phone into a botnet spoke that was spamming millions of people. The app is still on the Google Play market, he tells me.

Until Android receives a fundamental re-engineering, top to bottom, it's the smartphone equivalent of Windows 95 -- a malware-choked, swiss-cheese-firewalled, privacy-destroying security nightmare.
    Where are the apps?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1359859691.918742.jpg

You sure?? Android will be lucky to have 1 000 000 (that's one MILLION) total apps by the end of 2013. You're going to call all of them malware??
    02-02-13 08:52 PM
    People keep forgetting that it is a launch 'window'. Meaning there will be apps that are released before, during, and after the official release date. Take video game consoles for example, there is an announcement of 30 games are going to be release with said console; that doesn't all of them are available the exact same day as the device. Some will be a week or two later as it is a launch 'window.' To paraphrase a quote from a famous movie "if they build it, it will come."
    Or if you are PlayStation and your "launch" title is Gran Turismo 5 you only have to wait ~5 years.
    anon3969612 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:10 PM
    Hundreds of apps added daily. Patience, its a brand new platform.
    02-02-13 09:24 PM
    Hundreds? Source please?
    02-02-13 09:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1359859691.918742.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	133691

You sure?? Android will be lucky to have 1 000 000 (that's one MILLION) total apps by the end of 2013. You're going to call all of them malware??
    Ignore him. Most of his "info" about anything Android is something I'd expect to see on a conspiracy theory blog. And he's already admitted over at WP Central that he has a major hate for the platform. All the reasons he cites for it however, are outrageously far fetched and flat out untrue. And the way he viciously attacks it so often borders on obsessive which is why I dismiss his credibility. Unconditionally.
    mikeo007, aniym, reeneebob and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 09:28 PM
    I have been using Android for years and I would have to say that my biggest complaints are about the app store.
    The number of times that I have bought an app and then had to refund it right away because it didn't work is well over a dozen and I haven't bought a ton of them. Now I always have this moment of hestitation thinking to myself "is this really going to work on my phone?" before I buy anything so I usually end up not doing it because my phone is a two year old samsung and well off the list of supported devices.
    At least if I bought one off BBW or iTunes, whatever the Nokia one is called, at least I know that it will work.
    I've used most platforms, but Android is my main and I say your experience can be had on any platform. I've had a lot of duds. The difference is you don't seem to have learned from your experience how to effectively find out which apps are premium. The Play Store makes it painfully easy now to have hundreds of quality apps on one phone.
    02-02-13 09:32 PM
    do you own a playbook? you will be in for a nasty surprise.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I am using my playbook right now... I have never had any issues that I have had with the Google playstore.
    02-02-13 09:37 PM
    I've vacillated back and forth over whether I should get a Z10 since launch day - tonight is the low point of the bell curve. The hardware and UI look great.
    But App World does indeed blow. I can only speak from my PlayBook experience but the Bible and Flashlight apps remain in the Top Free Apps category along with a lot of other useless garbage. They should have cleared out the deadwood before relaunching it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different, but right now, tonight, I am not buying a phone that I have to sideload converted Android 2.3 apps onto.
    brianatbb likes this.
    02-02-13 09:41 PM
    Here's another good one - anyone load Battery Watch on their Z10?
    It shows the OS Version as Android 2.3.3

Can anyone explain that to me?
    02-02-13 09:50 PM
    One has to ask themselves also whether it is worth buying into Blackberry just given the Blackberry OS environment, phone usability, can it get work done, is it reliable, does it have enough games and apps that can do what I need, media support and other features to make it good for me...

Not always "does it have the same top apps as Android and iOS".

There are a bunch of alternative apps that right now don't have a known name or are unfamiliar to Android and iOS users but do similar things to their Android and iOS equivalents... Made by developers who decided to take the harder road but hope to be rewarded by having their own take of other popular apps in this uncharted territory first!

For example I remember an app for older BB phones like Angry Pigs which is like a clone of Angry Birds, because Rovio to this day will not release Angry Birds on any pre-BB10 phone. Maybe nobody knows it but it can be just as fun.

So maybe there are apps in Blackberry World that can meet many of the same functions you want but you need to find the equivalent apps, which need time to be recognized?

Otherwise if apps are all that matter than Android and iOS are the clear winners and they will always be. Be prepared then for a 2 party system indefinitely.

I am sure however that many Blackberry people will be happy with fewer apps and still feel value in their choice of phone. I have and I am using a Torch 9810 for my daily needs and do tons of stuff on it, and from what I've seen of BB10 there are lots of nice fast apps and games.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    BKbehave likes this.
    02-02-13 09:50 PM

We are still waiting in that other thread you made these claims in for the names of the apps that you 'personally assisted with re: your friends androids that sent out thousands of spam' yadda yadda yadda... Strangely you stopped posting when asked for this proof but I see you continue making these claims in this and other threads. Again, name these apps. Several of us would love to know so we can steer clear.

These apps do exist, right?

I'm serious... I want to know, it would be doing a great service to people. What if someone tries to sideloaded one of these to a BB? The names would be very helpful.

So again, names or stop making the claims.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 09:57 PM

Did you catch the name of the app?
    02-02-13 10:36 PM
    I just got back from testing out a Z10 at Future Shop and was very impressed with the hardware: the quality of the screen, the feel of the phone, the quickness of the apps, etc. But when I was looking around Blackberry World.. all the apps i saw were ones that I have never heard of, all of those big name apps that they showed off at the launch such as Fruit Ninja and Skype weren't there. The only big apps i saw were Angry Birds Star Wars and a couple of sports apps.. Which raises the concern, are these apps that they promised not here yet? Or did I miss something?
    They used lawyer speak at the launch event to confuse people, they said Skype, Kindle, WhatsApp, Angry Birds are "Committed" to BB10, most are not yet available and God knows when they will be.
    02-02-13 11:34 PM
    Did you catch the name of the app?
    Nope. And he likely won't respond here again if it's anything like the last time he was asked for one...

02-03-13 06:34 PM
    Nope. And he likely won't respond here again if it's anything like the last time he was asked for one...

LOL. maybe he forgot. I figured he went off to find it...
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-03-13 06:45 PM
    We are still waiting in that other thread you made these claims in for the names of the apps that you 'personally assisted with re: your friends androids that sent out thousands of spam' yadda yadda yadda... Strangely you stopped posting when asked for this proof but I see you continue making these claims in this and other threads. Again, name these apps. Several of us would love to know so we can steer clear.

These apps do exist, right?

I'm serious... I want to know, it would be doing a great service to people. What if someone tries to sideloaded one of these to a BB? The names would be very helpful.

So again, names or stop making the claims.
    That cannot be true... oh, snap... you're right:

Or you could just use the Apple App Store, BlackBerry App World, or Windows Phone Store and be confident that the apps you're downloading aren't 50% malware.

2/3 of the technical support I provide to my Android-using friends is helping them figure out which top-rated app they downloaded that is hijacking their Twitter account and using it to send spam to their contacts, or turning their Android phone into a spam hub and sending out 4 gigs of spam per month.
    Maybe he forgot, or signed an NDA.
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-03-13 06:54 PM
    They used lawyer speak at the launch event to confuse people, they said Skype, Kindle, WhatsApp, Angry Birds are "Committed" to BB10, most are not yet available and God knows when they will be.
    When asked about Skype on twitter, Alec Saunders said that it would be available by US carrier availability.
    https://twitter.com/asaunders/status/297399221726887937
    02-03-13 07:19 PM
    I really hope reserved apps are here by the time they launch in the US. I would love to have a decent selection of apps once I pick up my device mid march
    02-03-13 07:38 PM
    You seriously didn't just suggest PC side loading iffy converted apks as a solution to compete as a player in the big leagues. Tell me you didn't just do that.
    Yes he did. Hard to fathom the fanboy mind.
    02-03-13 08:59 PM
    I've never had an issue with Playstore. What I particularly like is the reviews and suggested alternatives; nothing remotely comparable or useful on BBW. Sorry but it's true.
    02-03-13 09:06 PM
    I have a strong feeling these apps will be in place by the US launch. Purely because if they aren't the phone will sink like a stone. It's amazingly fun to play with but severely hampered by the fact that it doesn't run anything, and you can't communicate with most people on the planet.
    With just a few of the already promised apps, this will be my regular daily driver.
    02-04-13 03:33 AM
    I think BB had better use the month's US delay to get as many of these missing apps on-board as posssible - and not just half-assed Android ports. 2.3 indeed.

"If I wanted water, I'd ask for water..."

02-04-13 12:02 PM
    Why so much negativity from users that don't even have the Z10 yet. I am from the UK and actually have a Z10, I'm not moaning. Blackberry are playing catchup from a starting point of zero for a new platform that has been out for 4 days yet because there aren't apps to suit everyone right from the start it's a fail! If you are only buying the Z10 for apps that you want immediately and don't have patience or workarounds stick to IOS or Android. Lets face it IOS is just a gateway for Apps as IOS is rather dated now. Android the less said about the quality of a lot of the apps available the better, and yes I have a Nexus 4 and Iphone 5 so I am able to form my own judgement. Give it time for the ecosystem to build, moaning when the phone hasn't even been released in your country yet is rather sad and just detrimental to the Blackberry 10 as a whole.
    02-04-13 12:20 PM
123 1234 ...