My husband and I are almost due for upgrades, so we went out looking for BlackBerrys. We went to Best Buy and there were no BlackBerrys. We went to a corporate Verizon store and there were no BlackBerrys. I remember going to a Sprint store a while ago and there were no BlackBerrys. Why is this? I can't imagine this is good for BlackBerry. Are these service providers breaking some sort of contract by not even displaying BlackBerrys? Most of the Verizon employees we speak to think BlackBerry isn't even in business anymore.
    02-28-15 08:15 PM
    Probably yes, but then again, how can BlackBerry trully keep an eye on every store?

Call Verizon, the Classic should be available, if not in stores at least.
    02-28-15 08:19 PM
    If you haven't been paying much attention BlackBerry has become a non-player for the most part

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:00 AM
    Can't you just get an unlocked BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry itself?

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    03-01-15 05:21 AM
    In Germany there are almost no BlackBerrys in any shops. I never saw one! The most salesmen don't even know about BlackBerry, with luck they have heard about it sometimes ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:36 AM
    You r best bet is to order directly from shopblackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:45 AM
    Try Amazon.com, I've heard ordering from shopblackberry is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:57 AM
    OP is on Verizon, has to be a Verizon branded phone
    03-01-15 06:02 AM
    From what I understand, Stock at Verizon is limited, and you will have to order it online at the Verizon site.
    03-01-15 06:37 AM
    Where are all the BlackBerrys?-0301150926.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:11 PM
    I went into a Rogers store yesterday to buy a swivel case yes they had one and a gent was just wrapping up his purchase of a new Classic he was going from a q10 and the store clerk said they have been very well received and has sold many now this is Canada but seems like Rogers is back on board (was off for a while) and I am thinking they are selling a whack of Classics ,should help consumers stay afloat .
    03-02-15 04:51 PM
    I went into a Rogers store yesterday to buy a swivel case yes they had one and a gent was just wrapping up his purchase of a new Classic he was going from a q10 and the store clerk said they have been very well received and has sold many now this is Canada but seems like Rogers is back on board (was off for a while) and I am thinking they are selling a whack of Classics ,should help consumers stay afloat .
    Was it in Canada or the Greater Toronto Area. Toronto has a much larger BlackBerry support base than just about any place.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-02-15 05:52 PM
    You buy off Amazon or directly from BlackBerry. I bought mine new through Amazon.com.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:44 PM
    My husband and I are almost due for upgrades, so we went out looking for BlackBerrys. We went to Best Buy and there were no BlackBerrys. We went to a corporate Verizon store and there were no BlackBerrys. I remember going to a Sprint store a while ago and there were no BlackBerrys. Why is this? I can't imagine this is good for BlackBerry. Are these service providers breaking some sort of contract by not even displaying BlackBerrys? Most of the Verizon employees we speak to think BlackBerry isn't even in business anymore.
    I went into the Verizon store to see the Classic and not only did the guy working there didn't have one, he never even heard of it. Its an old story.
    03-02-15 08:39 PM
    Actually it was in Stratford area 100 miles west of TO.
    Was it in Canada or the Greater Toronto Area. Toronto has a much larger BlackBerry support base than just about any place.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:33 AM
    Actually it was in Stratford area 100 miles west of TO.
    Thanks. I was in there this past summer. My point being that BlackBerry acceptance is particularly strong around the GTA. I was in a line up and the people in front of me and behind me were on their BlackBerry's.
    Lots of legacy models still in use as well.
    03-03-15 10:58 AM
    I may have to leave sprint if I ever want another blackberry. I don't see why they don't at least carry the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-15 10:47 AM
    I may have to leave sprint if I ever want another blackberry. I don't see why they don't at least carry the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Or, you buy a BlackBerry spec'd for Verizon radios, through Amazon.com or directly from BlackBerry. I bought my Z30 STA100-5 from Amazon, unlocked. It works perfectly.
    03-06-15 10:58 AM
    Or, you buy a BlackBerry spec'd for Verizon radios, through Amazon.com or directly from BlackBerry. I bought my Z30 STA100-5 from Amazon, unlocked. It works perfectly.
    You have to have one with CDMA bands, which pretty much only leaves you with the Verizon variants.

Amazon at least will carry the Verizon models since they also offer contracts through them.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:00 AM
    You just gotta buy online, unfortunately. If you need to trade in a phone so you don't have to deal with the hassle of ebay, amazon, etc. I understand, try to get a credit for your phone service. That way it all evens out. If you must buy the same time as trade in I would call around until you find a store selling that device. AT&T had no clue they were about to sell them. I asked if they got some in early, and they were like we don't carry Blackberry anymore, I said, "You know ATT is officially selling two new devices in 3 days, right?" The guy just looked dumbfounded.
    Enterprise and Government really is the last hope. I'll make BB my company phone if I'm issued a Company line. I'll pick up a Passport. Otherwise, my daily driver is a Classic, I don't need any larger for on the go everyday stuff.
    03-09-15 01:22 PM
    Had a meeting today. Total participants 9...10 if you include me.

Not including my Classic.

3 Passports
    2 Classics
    1 9900
    1 iPhone
    2 android

I didn't feel out of place today. The 9900 user uses his phone for email and calls...doesn't want to change to anything new...he's in his late 60's.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    chgaida likes this.
    03-09-15 02:38 PM
    Had a meeting today. Total participants 9...10 if you include me.

Not including my Classic.

3 Passports
    2 Classics
    1 9900
    1 iPhone
    2 android

I didn't feel out of place today. The 9900 user uses his phone for email and calls...doesn't want to change to anything new...he's in his late 60's.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I guess you are making to point that BlackBerry devices are pretty much only used in the enterprise market and so that is why most consumer outlets are not selling them?? Hard to following your "experience" with what everyone else was talking about availability.
    03-09-15 03:53 PM
    Go to att

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:13 PM