hi guys! so um i guess musta been early 2009 i bought a bold and LOVED IT but late last year it broke in a drunken tirade i hastened to get a new phone because i really can't be without one and i opted for something other than a blackberry... but i really don't like it and have been missing it since. so i was just wondering when is the best time to buy a new one? i like the 'bold' series. should i get the 9700 or should i wait because there's a newer model out soon? i live in australia so i think the device options we have are a little tighter than somewhere like the us... but yes. also if i put my SIM into the blackberry should it just work straight away? like my contract will just work with the blackberry? data allowance etc. thanks!
    08-11-10 02:47 AM
    No sense in waiting for the newest BB.. The 9700 is a fine Berry.. Go for it.. I want a 9650 but have to wait until Oct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 04:54 AM
    right now is a good time to buy the blackberry bold 9700 or at least go on a contract with. the pricing on contract is pretty reasonable now since the release of the samsung galaxy phones and HTC desire. The new torch is still in the "coming months" period and so that's not going to affect the pricing at all. The 9650 afaik isn't available in australia because its not a GSM phone.
    08-11-10 05:33 AM
    As soon as you're ending the working day with more than 10 unanswered emails in yer inbox it's time to buy a BlackBerry.
    08-11-10 06:45 AM
    right now is a good time to buy the blackberry bold 9700 or at least go on a contract with. the pricing on contract is pretty reasonable now since the release of the samsung galaxy phones and HTC desire. The new torch is still in the "coming months" period and so that's not going to affect the pricing at all. The 9650 afaik isn't available in australia because its not a GSM phone.
    If you can't use a 9650 in Aus, there's nothing wrong with the 9700. It has less memory than the 9650, but RIM has officially stated the 9700 will support OS6 in the coming months.
    08-11-10 07:48 AM
    Buy? The BB's I've had I get for free on promotions. Usually near the holidays the various carriers have all kinds of deals. I got my 9700 for free last November. Well, I had to buy $100 worth of accessories to get it, but I needed a new car charger (they changed to the micro usb), BT headset and decent headphones so it made sense.
    08-11-10 08:50 AM
    It is up to you, the 9780 is the updated 9700 and it is a good phone. Whenever you buy a blackberry you will be outdated. If you wait for the 9780 then you will be outdated again once you get that phone as one is in the making. Pretty much if you buy the one you want at the time you will be happy for a while.
    08-11-10 08:57 AM
    in the late afternoon or just after work so you can play with it @ a bar over a few cocktails and set it up
    08-11-10 09:06 AM
    If you're not willing to shell out a lot of cash, the 9700 is a good choice. If you can wait and are willing to spend, wait till the 9780 hits the streets.

08-11-10 09:40 AM
    What is the best time?

I say about 10:30am-11:30am.
    08-11-10 10:19 AM
    No better time than the present!
    08-11-10 10:46 AM
    Right now is a good time. Some good choices to choose from.

08-11-10 11:02 AM
    Buy? The BB's I've had I get for free on promotions. Usually near the holidays the various carriers have all kinds of deals. I got my 9700 for free last November. Well, I had to buy $100 worth of accessories to get it, but I needed a new car charger (they changed to the micro usb), BT headset and decent headphones so it made sense.
    Usually in order to be eligible for such deals you need to be a new customer or due for an upgrade with your current carrier...just sayin' Otherwise there would be a lot of folks out there getting new phones every 2 months.
    08-11-10 11:09 AM
    Yea if you're on at & t. The bold 9700 is a very good choice. You would definitely want something that will run the newest blackberry operating systems so I would try to stay away from any of the curve models currently.

The newer bolds are the flagship blackberry devices. Then of course, the torch released today. It may be the most sophisticated blackberry yet

08-11-10 12:28 PM
    I would say either the 9700 or the 9800 when it comes out... 4GB of internal memory and 512 for the OS and apps... hard to beat. Its just like they use to say with muscle cars... you can't compensate for cubes... in this case Mb's and GB's....
    08-11-10 01:01 PM
    thanks for all the replies guys i think i'll go for the 9700 then!
    08-11-10 07:54 PM
    Usually in order to be eligible for such deals you need to be a new customer or due for an upgrade with your current carrier...just sayin' Otherwise there would be a lot of folks out there getting new phones every 2 months.
    that was true, I was eligible since I was off contract by a few weeks by then and ready for an upgrade. When I first came ready, the 9700 was $149 with new contract(after a rebate), a week or so later it was down to $99 (after rebate). just before Thanksgiving, I stopped by and that had changed again to $49(after rebate). Then ATT sent me a coupon for $99 WITHOUT a rebate. I went to the store, but they were out of stock but would be in on the Friday. On the Friday I stopped in and the offer now changed to FREE- IF I bought those accessories. Like I said, It needed a different car charger, I needed a new BT ear thing, and I treated myself to some decent headphones. For $100 bucks worth of stuff, they gave me the phone.
    08-16-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD