From the horses mouth~! From BBM.com

"For the best BBM experience, run the official version of BlackBerry 10 OS.

We know there are people out there running leaked, un-official versions of BlackBerry 10 OS and that this can result in issues with BBM not behaving as expected � like not being able to open the app. The answer is simple. Run the official version of BlackBerry 10 OS for your designated smartphone and carrier. When you run un-official versions of software you�re asking for problems.

We love that many of you are loyal and raving BlackBerry fans. And we thank you for that. We know that you are always excited to get the latest and greatest BlackBerry 10 features and trust us, we�re working hard to bring them to you as fast as possible and with the highest quality."

Looks like they approve of leaks after all Its great to be appreciated by BlackBerry
    04-01-14 08:45 AM
    Actually some carriers official software updates disable some features.. such as using bbm on wifi without a data plan. I went back to a leak because of this.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:54 AM
    I've had more issues with the "official" versions (the ones Verizon has used), than with any leaked (many of which are "official" on some carrier).

Without a LEAK I would have returned my rebooting Z10 to the Verizon store (as tech support had said I could) and picked a device from another platform. My current "official version of BB10 has caused a number of issues with contacts and some Android Apps not working.... I imagine that once I get time, and install a "fresh" "leak" most of those issue will go away.

Besides I don't use BBM, and it looks as if I will not have any reason to....
    Doggerz and bunky1971 like this.
    04-01-14 09:19 AM
    BlackBerry.

Still out if touch. Its someone else's fault, yours!!!

BlackBerry needs to get control of itself and stop blaming others for its shortcomings.

It's their leak. Not mine.

It's their carriers that sold THEIR PHONE!

Did they hire Mike back? Sounds like him! OMG!!!

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-01-14 09:26 AM
    If I had a carrier that didn't push OS updates as often as the rest of the world then I would disregard this. You can get an autoloader of an OS that is official somewhere other than your own carrier.
    04-01-14 09:28 AM
    When they refer to leaks they mean 10.3 leak not 10.2.1 OS that is available to other carriers but not your own carrier.
    If the OS is not available officially to anyone, it is a leak.

If the OS is already up to 10.2.1 on other carriers but your carrier is still only up to 10.1, running 10.2.1 is not considered running a leak.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:30 AM
    OP reminds me of an advert to not do drugs. You just make me want to run the most Frankensteined messed up unofficial leak I can find. Why? Cause its fun and cause I love sticking it to the man.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-01-14 09:46 AM
    OP reminds me of an advert to not do drugs. You just make me want to run the most Frankensteined messed up unofficial leak I can find. Why? Cause its fun and cause I love sticking it to the man.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    LOL so true.

No leaks? I'll show you!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-01-14 10:07 AM
    If I was to stick with my carrier's "official" OS, I wouldn't be able to do half the things I can do now because AT&T is still on frickin' 10.1.

What nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:43 AM
    Exactly leaks are good!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:28 PM