Hello all,

After some reflection on the people I see in everyday life, it strikes me odd that although smartphones are usually the most important thing that people have on them, their mind state never reflects this notion. People simply buy a phone "because they need it," not because they are excited to be able to communicate faster, play games better, or do whatever they do more efficiently.
    My question is, when will people realize that their phone is the most important part of their day and get the phone that suits their needs?
    Aka, sick of I Sheep lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:04 PM
    eh you lost me with your last statement.

I do agree with the sentiment of you post though...a lot of people got a smartphone because (choose one) their friends have one, the salesman sold them on it, etc. But different people have different needs. No one phone will meet the needs of every single person.
    12-21-14 08:18 PM
    Hello all,

After some reflection on the people I see in everyday life, it strikes me odd that although smartphones are usually the most important thing that people have on them, their mind state never reflects this notion. People simply buy a phone "because they need it," not because they are excited to be able to communicate faster, play games better, or do whatever they do more efficiently.
    My question is, when will people realize that their phone is the most important part of their day and get the phone that suits their needs?
    Aka, sick of [iSheep] lol.

Posted via CB10
    So you're implying that the iPhone can't possibly suit anyone's needs? Lol
    12-21-14 08:33 PM
    Friday. They will realize the power of their smartphone on Friday. Sheesh.
    peednus and donnation like this.
    12-21-14 08:37 PM
    Don't quit your day job. Not everyone is a born comedian. Sucky punchline.

Posted from a D618
    peednus, Rello, donnation and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 08:44 PM
    Jeez not really what I meant, I should not of even included the isheep part.
    What I meant is I wonder when people will realize when their smartphone is an important part of life today. I have just been noticing people who aren't using their phones to anywhere near their potential.
    Maybe this subject is too vague for you, but perhaps there will be people that share the same frustrations as I do (or maybe I'm being a nerd)

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:45 PM
    What I meant is I wonder when people will realize when their smartphone is an important part of life today. I have just been noticing people who aren't using their phones to anywhere near their potential.
    Maybe this subject is too vague for you, but perhaps there will be people that share the same frustrations as I do (or maybe I'm being a nerd)

Posted via CB10
    People will start using their phones to their full potential, as soon as people realize and start using their personal computers to its full potential. Computers have been in people's homes for a long time. Long before phones became "smart" as we know them today. But very few people use their computers to the max of its potential...

I suspect smartphones will be no different. Some will use them for little more than basic calls and texts and snapping a photo or two, just like some people today own cutting edge laptops, and use them for little else than streaming Netflix, browsing the web, and basic word processing. Others will use them closer to their maximum potential.

The same argument can be made for automobiles as well. People buy huge SUVs capable of seating 7 adults and towing a 6000lbs trailer or crossing very rough terrain, and doing nothing with it but commute to work and fetch the week's groceries. Hit speed bumps as slowly as a compact gas saver. Maybe pick up the kids. To some, these people are hardly getting the vehicle that "suits their needs" and are not using what they have to its full potential.
    ubizmo, m1a1mg, Soulstream and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 09:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    This
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-21-14 09:25 PM
    When will you realize that people need (for a phone) extends to more than the functionality of the phone itself, or that people see the power of the phone they pick up does not limit in how well game can be played or call can be made and so on?
    12-22-14 12:55 AM
    LMAO, perhaps people have other things to do without the involvement of a smartphone.

It will be a sad day when the smartphone will be the most important think in their lives.
    12-22-14 02:56 AM
    Hello all,

Aka, sick of I Sheep lol.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that why so many people started buying iphones???

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:42 PM
    People will start using their phones to their full potential, as soon as people realize and start using their personal computers to its full potential. Computers have been in people's homes for a long time. Long before phones became "smart" as we know them today. But very few people use their computers to the max of its potential...

Just fixed some dude's PC,
    older gaming PC,
    quadcore, NVIDIA card, etc...

and he's not using it for anything more than web, email and printing airline tickets...
    8-o

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-23-14 01:45 AM
    My question is, when will people realize that their phone is the most important part of their day...
    But, the phone is not the most important part of most people's days, and that is a *good* thing!
    shaleem, m1a1mg, Bbnivende and 1 others like this.
    12-23-14 01:48 AM
    I don't want to live in a world where a phone is the most important part of my day.
    12-23-14 01:54 AM
    I don't want to live in a world where a phone is the most important part of my day.
    There was an amusing movie about that called "Her". The phones were a new type of artificial intelligence program.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:13 AM
    There was an amusing movie about that called "Her". The phones were a new type of artificial intelligence program.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah I saw that. Good movie overall I thought.
    12-23-14 06:24 AM
    In a related note,

After some reflection on the people I see in everyday life, it strikes me odd that although hammers are usually the most important thing that people have in their toolboxes, their mind state never reflects this notion. People simply buy a hammer "because they need it," not because they are excited to be able to drive nails in faster, tenderise meat better, or do whatever they do more efficiently.
    My question is, when will people realize that their hammer is the most important part of their day and get the hammer that suits their needs?
    Aka, sick of I Nail lol.
    12-23-14 06:38 AM
    In a related note,

After some reflection on the people I see in everyday life, it strikes me odd that although hammers are usually the most important thing that people have in their toolboxes, their mind state never reflects this notion. People simply buy a hammer "because they need it," not because they are excited to be able to drive nails in faster, tenderise meat better, or do whatever they do more efficiently.
    My question is, when will people realize that their hammer is the most important part of their day and get the hammer that suits their needs?
    Aka, sick of I Nail lol.
    Because if somebody needs computing that much in their day they will use a laptop or a tablet, the smartphone will never be the best tool, it will always be a compromise.
    12-23-14 06:58 AM
    The most important part of my day is that first cup of coffee!
    12-23-14 08:40 AM
    The most important part of my day, in my advanced age, is waking up. Everything is good from there.

But seriously, a smartphone being the most important part of your day? Never!!
    12-23-14 08:50 AM
    I'm glad my phone is not the most important part of my day, or even my life.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-23-14 09:02 AM
    Same here, I have a life

Sent using my Note 4
    12-23-14 10:55 AM