My mobile contract is almost up so I'm able to renew my handset in 3 months.

I love the look of the classic but it bothers me that the spec sheet is practically the same as my Q10 (which is 2 years old and I find that ridiculous lol) and I know it's lacking performance.

Anyone have an idea when the next classic-style BB will come out?
    06-29-15 07:40 AM
    My mobile contract is almost up so I'm able to renew my handset in 3 months.

I love the look of the classic but it bothers me that the spec sheet is practically the same as my Q10 (which is 2 years old and I find that ridiculous lol) and I know it's lacking performance.

Anyone have an idea when the next classic-style BB will come out?
    Between now and never.....

Right now there are two devices in the works for later this year Nov/Dec. Slider is one, and some think the Oslo is the other... but no one really knows.
    06-29-15 08:14 AM
    oh man, this is what I hate most about blackberry. Upgrading is a pain in the *** lol
    06-29-15 08:31 AM
    I upgraded from the Q10 to Classic recently. If you love the physical keypad then this is your phone. Go ahead. I understand the apprehension having used Q10 myself for 2 years. But once you start using it, you will not miss your Q10.
    There is definitely no possibility of another classic styled BlackBerry coming out anytime soon. That is a given. So I say go for the Classic or passport if you are ok with the size then it is an excellent device itself.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    06-29-15 12:33 PM
    And that in it self is the frustrating reality of it all. Because the technology already exists at BlackBerry to build a more powerful version of the Classic that would bring many back to BlackBerry.

Such a device would satisfy those who say the original Classic was under spec'd. And it would also attract those who want the keyboard and the power, but not in the form factor of the Passport.

Many folks are drawn to the Classic ( it truly is a beautiful device) , and it's the specs and the possible display size that keeps it on the shelves.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:23 PM
    Given that just in the last days BlackBerry began selling the 'Blu variant' and that just 3 months ago they started to sell the white one I don't believe it will happen anytime soon..Maybe end of 2016?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:33 PM
    Just traded my Classic for a second backup Passport. The Classic feels great in the hand, unfortunately, the specs were too slow for my liking. With BlackBerry pulling out of the competitive handset market, and focusing on lower end phones, I fear that the BlackBerry flagship phone is going to disappear.

 Passport Rocks 
    06-29-15 01:43 PM