why cant blackberry be more like google or apple... announce something and have it available a couple days or less than a month later -.- hurts bb in the long run making people wait
    You mean like iOS 7 or Apple radio (or whatever they're calling it) are available right now? Like Samdung S4 mini is available right now? Like Google rolled out voice immediately after announcing it?

This is not a very valid criticism. They all announce things months ahead of release.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:49 PM
    Stop doing drugs. You're comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges. Apple isn't releasing a new OS like Blackberry, just a polished newer version of it's previous code. The older Blackberry OS was very much on time with it's updates. QNX isn't an update by any means.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying BBRY should be given more leeway because BB10 is/was a tougher task to iOS7?
    06-23-13 08:04 PM
    You mean like iOS 7 or Apple radio (or whatever they're calling it) are available right now? Like Samdung S4 mini is available right now? Like Google rolled out voice immediately after announcing it?

This is not a very valid criticism. They all announce things months ahead of release.
    ... but those companies have a reputation, deserved or not, of executing. BBRY does not have that same reputation for keeping its promises.

Even the freakin' CEO acknowledges that a challenge is re-installing faith in the company.
    06-23-13 08:09 PM
    ... but those companies have a reputation, deserved or not, of executing. BBRY does not have that same reputation for keeping its promises.

Even the freakin' CEO acknowledges that a challenge is re-installing faith in the company.
    Now you're moving the goal posts. You said they should be more like Apple and deliver immediately. I pointed out that Apple does no such thing.

I'm not playing this game. BlackBerry promised us an amazing new OS, and they delivered big-time. Frankly, BB10 is far more ambitious than anything Apple has done since 2007.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CharlieHipHop; 06-23-13 at 09:10 PM.
    06-23-13 08:59 PM
    Now you're moving the goal posts. You said they should be more like Apple and deliver immediately. I pointed out that Apple does no such thing.

I'm not playing this game. BlackBerry promised us an amazing new OS, and they delivered big-time. Frankly, BB10 is far more ambitious than anything Apple has done since 2007.
    I did?

Bottom line? If you're satisfied, that is all that truly matters. I think they can execute better... less promises, more deliveries.
    06-23-13 09:33 PM
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying BBRY should be given more leeway because BB10 is/was a tougher task to iOS7?
    Yes. Remember, the original iOS didn't even come with MMS.
    06-23-13 11:21 PM
    why cant blackberry be more like google or apple... announce something and have it available a couple days or less than a month later -.- hurts bb in the long run making people wait
    This times 100....

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-23-13 11:34 PM
    Well, going back to the OP....I can't wait for BBM on my iPhone. It will be so convenient to be able to answer my BBM contacts on my iPhone when I'm using it. (Yes, I've now got more BBM contacts, now that more loved ones have gone back to BB, thanks to BB10!)
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-24-13 04:46 AM
    The 'I want BBM on my X phone has started !
    06-24-13 04:56 AM
    This is another test for BlackBerry, if they can deliver on this! Apparently it isn't coming out this week! I want all my fiends (even them Apple and android haters) on my BBM!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 05:11 AM
    Its not available because they are still running betas.BBM is actually fragmented right now.It will be ready when its ready.I was thinking it will come out on July 14(the day BBM came out years ago) But don see it happening channels needs to go to beta 3,BBM groups and few other things need tweaking and so many other varibles.When its approach time Im sure we'll see ''leaks''
    06-24-13 05:17 AM
    I actually do agree with some of you regarding bb taking their own sweet time to release something but just for this instance of bbm, I rather BB take all the time they need, no matter how long it takes, to get bbm as mint as possible.

Bbm will be a direct representation into the ios and andriod world, to show the sheeps and driods what bb is all about, bb's major comeback. It is indirect marketing in disguise. It is a big move of bb to open up bbm that could backfire if they screw up.

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-24-13 06:07 AM
    BBM is going to be full of goodies,innovation ,is going to be incredible,with an established base of 60 million users ,it is going to be the place to go,let them do it right the day it comes out ,and watch BB take off!!!
    Deathcoffin likes this.
    06-24-13 06:34 AM
    BBM is going to be full of goodies,innovation ,is going to be incredible,with an established base of 60 million users ,it is going to be the place to go,let them do it right the day it comes out ,and watch BB take off!!!
    60 million active users? This is a huge amount but I have doubts. Users with zero bbm contacts do not count. Where did u get this info?

06-24-13 06:43 AM
    The problem will be that when it is released there is a good chance it will be half baked like OS 10, the Playbook, and other variants of Blackberry failures (wasn't there a touch screen phone that flopped in there somewhere)?

I don't see many people on iOS using it because it likely won't be as good as the native version (probably will crash or be buggy) or across all my Apple platforms (can't see how Blackberry would design BBM for my iMac even though Apple already has this type of cross platform capability).

Also iMessage is encrypted. BBM isn't.

So in the end this will not take off like many of the fanboys think it will.

In my personal sphere of influence every single person I text has an iPhone. Probably about 30 or so people around the world. Not one on Android or Blackberry. This is a bit odd, but all my friends are the same way (most of them text Apple users), so how would it be implemented? It would have to really bring something to the table that people need or want.

In any case, there are a lot of harsh comments in my post, but Blackberry has to stop letting people down. The way they do this is by UNDER promising and OVER delivering. This includes "coming soon".

Afterall, didn't millions of people in America watch that lame Super Bowl commercial? If even one of them wanted to get a Blackberry the next day it was not to be found. Another botched delivery and let down.

In the end I really wish Blackberry luck but it seems that they are creating their own failure.
    Balti43 likes this.
    06-24-13 07:16 AM
    60 million active users? This is a huge amount but I have doubts. Users with zero bbm contacts do not count. Where did u get this info?

BlackBerry stands at a subscriber base of 76 million ad of last quarterly report.

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    06-24-13 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry stands at a subscriber base of 76 million ad of last quarterly report.

Well I'm sure not all of them is actively using bbm though theoretically speaking they are...

06-24-13 07:56 AM
    Well I'm sure not all of them is actively using bbm though theoretically speaking they are...

True. Difficult to get specific numbers.

Ballpark figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-13 07:59 AM
    Like the Playbook BB10 update. SOON = Never......I think most ppl were initially excited but again vague and stupid responses like you will get it when you get it cannot work in 2013. Samsung had the S4 out and in hands before the Q10. Ppl don't have time for this nonsense anymore.
    06-24-13 08:01 AM
    Currently all the audience are looking very patiently at the stage.

If BlackBerry keeps on delaying then it might be time to move on.

Hoping for the best.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:20 AM
    Currently all the audience are looking very patiently at the stage.

If BlackBerry keeps on delaying then it might be time to move on.

Hoping for the best.

Posted via CB10
    Well this is icing on the cake for me. I'm currently very very happy with my Z10. I'll be getting an iPhone 5S because I skipped the 5....but I don't HAVE to have BBM on it.
    I won't walk away from the 5S OR the Z10.

06-24-13 08:36 AM

Go To emirates247.com an article entitled Blackberry BBM free on iphone May 14,2013 by Vicky Kapur, now this is what we are talking about.And BB came out late with their Z but you must say that when it came out it had great reviews.It really was the beginning of a comeback story ,that everyone is about to love!!!
    06-24-13 08:52 AM
    Apple employes more lawyers than Blackberry has developers. Also, you're talking about a time with company working on full transitions all the way up to the CEO.
    you have proof for your claim? sources please...
    06-24-13 09:02 AM
    True. Difficult to get specific numbers.

Ballpark figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I suppose that one would need to know where those users are located as well. I know BBRY has done well in India, but I can't think of anyone in India that I want to BBM with.
    06-24-13 10:31 AM
49 12