I use Outlook 2007 and Exchange for my PIM data. All of my calendar events are categorized in Outlook. I have used Palm OS and currently use Windows Mobile. Both of them support the syncing of calendar categories. I can also create a calendar event and assign it a category on the device. I have tried using a BlackBerry but this omission makes the device unusable for me. I don't understand why categories are supported in Tasks and Contacts on the Blackberry and categories in the Calendar are not. I was hoping 4.5 would support this but I just upgraded my Curve and I did not see any change.

Anyone have any news on when this may be supported? Anyone know why it is currently not supported?
    09-29-08 05:54 PM
    A third party PIM seems to be the only option currently. I completely agree that it is crazy that the BlackBerry calendar doesn't have a category field, which I find to be a very basic requirement.
    09-29-08 08:11 PM
    Do you know of any 3rd party apps that let you create a calendar entry with a category on the device and have it sync back to the server? I haven't found any.
    09-29-08 08:12 PM
    Anyone know of a good Calendar App? BB's built-in Calendar is so un-intuitive it's useless.
    09-29-08 08:15 PM
    Looks like Agendus just came out with a version for BB. Plus Pocket Informant is working on a BB version last I heard.
    10-02-08 06:13 PM
    Pocket Informant was released last week. I bought it. It's nowhere near the Windows Mobile version. Not surprising, since it's v1.0, but disappointing. It locks up my 8830 running 4.2.2.196 and I have to pull the battery to recover.
    10-02-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD