The problems with calendar and contacts apps are one of the reasons for why I don't want to buy a new BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:01 PM
    The problems with calendar and contacts apps are one of the reasons for why I don't want to buy a new BlackBerry phone.
    I find it just a little irritating when people say that BlackBerry devices are aimed at business executives who care about productivity. I don't know too many business executives who have the time to waste getting something as basic as a contact list to work properly. Can anyone really picture a CEO spending hours fiddling with his phone deleting duplicate contacts? Come on.

If BlackBerry still haven't fixed the contact list in BB10 after almost two years, I find it very worrying.
    11-01-14 12:35 PM
    I find it just a little irritating when people say that BlackBerry devices are aimed at business executives who care about productivity. I don't know too many business executives who have the time to waste getting something as basic as a contact list to work properly. Can anyone really picture a CEO spending hours fiddling with his phone deleting duplicate contacts? Come on.
    I totally agree. Also, how can a business phone not allow custom titles for phone numbers? The options Mobile, Work, Home and Other are simply NOT enough. Many people (business users or not), have more than one mobile or work numbers. I am really surprised that these issues have not yet been addressed by BB. It is too bad that such weaknesses still exist in such a great OS!
    11-01-14 07:26 PM
    The birth date fields are constantly getting corrupted. With years switching or changing. And the biggest problem is that the contact app doesn't show birthday reminders in the calendar? How to do this?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:26 PM
    I had problems, but I've fixed them. The issue is that this shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:52 PM
    Soon!
    Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:47 AM
    I've managed 9 bb10 devices since launch, on 4 different networks. I've never had any contact issues.

If not saying others are full of crap - I believe the people that say they are having problems.

In my experience, I have had perfect success with the following methodology:

1) Do not store any contacts locally (sim/local).
    2) Manage contact list and sync with only ONE cloud source like Gmail.

That's it. If the names are the same, Facebook and bbm contacts link properly, and if they're not the same, I link them myself without issue.

Again, I have been on every OS since launch day, and this is my experience.

Hope this helps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    And how do you handle it if you don't want to use the cloud ?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:48 AM
    It's a mess. Even though I have some of the numbers registered in my phonebook, the name doesn't always appear when they call.

Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:55 AM
    It's a mess. Even though I have some of the numbers registered in my phonebook, the name doesn't always appear when they call.

Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    I had that happen the other day. Very annoying.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-04-14 08:18 AM
84 ... 234