Seems like everytime I want to upgrade or downgrade my OS on my Bold 9650, I get the "found new hardware" pop-up. So I have to go threw the wizard and install it. But this keeps happening and affects my OS upgrade/downgrade. I have the usb to the actual usb in rear of computer and not hub or whatever.

Any ideas how to fix??
    09-19-10 09:46 AM
    One of the new features added to Windows 95 was Plug and Play. Windows would detect and select the correct driver software, most of the time.

The various updates to Windows have improved it's preformace, but it can still be fooled.

The first step is to insure you have the correct USB device driver installed. Windows XP was created prior to the introduction of consumer BlackBerry so it did not get a native BlackBerry Driver. Windows Vista does have a native driver, but it not optimized for the later devices. Windows 7 has never given me a problem, finally after some 15 years, Plug and Play was perfected.

The BlackBerry USB driver is packaged with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Install/re-install the software with the BlackBerry disconnected. Plug it in and all "should" be fine.

09-19-10 10:03 AM
    Yeah I get that too. Its supposed to do it once and never again just like the other USB plug and play devices. Its gets frustrating when it takes too long to install and the device turns itself on and starts loading which screws up the update/downgrade. It seems like this happens to BB devices only I hope this bug is fixed soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD