• 1 Post By ctuffy
  • 1 Post By 17asleep
  • 1 Post By SK122387
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default When RIM launches "The BlackBerry 10" journalists DRIVING ME NUTS

Just watching CBC right now as they discuss the earnings report for RIM today. They bring on some 'expert' on the subject, and she goes on to talk about how it is make or break for RIM next quarter when they launch "THE BLACKBERRY 10"

Good god, people. Canada's quintessential broadcasting company, who really SHOULD be RIM's biggest fanboy - and they can't even get little details like this correct. BlackBerry 10 is an operating system. I tweeted them and told them that was as legitimate as saying Samsung will be launching "The Ice Cream Sandwich".

The media needs to sort it out, they're certainly not doing RIM any favours. I know this is a nitpicky thing, but you'll all agree that little nitpicky things DO matter for RIM right now. DO ONE GOOGLE SEARCH, GET IT RIGHT.

endRant()
    Remember to RTFM.
    Thanked by:
    Knightcrawler (12-21-2012) 
    Knightcrawler and JAGWIRE like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,020 Global Posts

Well, I don't know what else they'd call it as there is no official name yet...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

Default Re: When RIM launches "The BlackBerry 10" journalists DRIVING ME NUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Anilu7 View Post
    Try ”London” maybe?
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,364 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anilu7 View Post

Or you know what it is.. BlackBerry 10. Not "The BlackBerry 10".. they could even say "The BlackBerry 10 platform" Most times you hear it, they're not referencing a device, they're referencing the platform.. BlackBerry 10.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    SK122387 and Knightcrawler like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9B567

At the end of the day it really won't make much of a difference to any sales (at least I think it won't)
    Let go of the OCD and don't let these tiny things get to you man
    Personal advice, tame yourself to be calm.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Devices running their new operating system, BlackBerry 10.

This is not rocket science.
    Remember to RTFM.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TheIndirection View Post
    At the end of the day it really won't make much of a difference to any sales (at least I think it won't)
    Let go of the OCD and don't let these tiny things get to you man
    Personal advice, tame yourself to be calm.
    I wouldn't say consumers are inherently dumb, but I would say consumers are inherently lazy, and do not do their research.

Sending any sort of mixed message to the consumer is a horrible idea. The media propagating this is even worse.

Thanks for the life lesson though, save the whales.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Addict

It's called BlackBerry 10 full-touch and qwerty
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry User

CNBC on its closing bell today when the earnings were announced: a couple were saying they wouldnt buy the stock but like the devices for the keyboard and can't wait till the new ones come out. THEN someone chimes in and says 'the new ones wont have keyboards' and Maria supports with 'yea a lot of people are dissapointed with that.'

at this point its like Thor says "its better to show than to tell" So tired of feeling like we have to correct inaccuracies with better information, not long until you just have to flash the phone itself.
    Thanked by:
    jenks5150 (12-20-2012) 
    jenks5150, JAGWIRE, KDB84 and 1 others like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bbinexile View Post
    CNBC on its closing bell today when the earnings were announced: a couple were saying they wouldnt buy the stock but like the devices for the keyboard and can't wait till the new ones come out. THEN someone chimes in and says 'the new ones wont have keyboards' and Maria supports with 'yea a lot of people are dissapointed with that.'

at this point its like Thor says "its better to show than to tell" So tired of feeling like we have to correct inaccuracies with better information, not long until you just have to flash the phone itself.
    You understand very clearly what I'm talking about. It's the most rattling thing in the world.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    It's called BlackBerry 10 full-touch and qwerty
    When we get a slider it will be called Davey's new phone
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    Barljo likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I consider many, if not most, on this forum to be RIM/BB experts and can understand why they are driven nuts by incorrect labels. I'm not an expert and will be the simplest of simple users. A year ago media had to hide a chuckle when RIM/BB's name was mentioned. I'm just glad to see RIM and BB10 (or the L-Series, N-Series, London.....) in the news and be part of meaningful discussions. But I do swear to all things holy that when I get my unit, I will refer to it by its proper name
    jenks5150 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts

What really "Grinds My Gears" is that they are all saying "Launch on Jan. 30th". Its not a launch in an 'official unvailing'. That is the day that TS and the BB10 crew are going to show us the finished 100% product and give us dates as to when we can get them. The more the media throws around the world "launch" the more its going to upset people when they dont come out THAT DAY.

When they first announced Jan.30th i was telling all my friends, family and anyone that would listen the same thing but then i corrected myself. The mood of the people changed in a heart beat. they automatically played it off as another historic delay what RIM is known for. Its not a delay though!!! Apple does the same thing. They have a 'coming out party' for the device and then about a week later it hits the shelves...and no one calls that a delay.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jenks5150 View Post
    Just watching CBC right now as they discuss the earnings report for RIM today. They bring on some 'expert' on the subject, and she goes on to talk about how it is make or break for RIM next quarter when they launch "THE BLACKBERRY 10"

Good god, people. Canada's quintessential broadcasting company, who really SHOULD be RIM's biggest fanboy - and they can't even get little details like this correct. BlackBerry 10 is an operating system. I tweeted them and told them that was as legitimate as saying Samsung will be launching "The Ice Cream Sandwich".

The media needs to sort it out, they're certainly not doing RIM any favours. I know this is a nitpicky thing, but you'll all agree that little nitpicky things DO matter for RIM right now. DO ONE GOOGLE SEARCH, GET IT RIGHT.

endRant()
    Please, don't bully Amanda Lang. She loves her BlackBerry. A lot of non-tech people are calling it exactly that, "the BlackBerry 10".
    CrackBerry User

Thats what you get for expecting any level of quality journalism from the cbc.
    zyben likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by thecsman View Post
    Please, don't bully Amanda Lang. She loves her BlackBerry. A lot of non-tech people are calling it exactly that, "the BlackBerry 10".
    I would never, ever, ever bully Amanda Lang. Totally not her that I was referring to; it was the guy who is on the earlier show. The same could be said for people on BNN. I am a huge Amanda Lang fan, and she is ALWAYS the best at getting facts straight.

Not to mention she's ******** hot.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2b9a3c0a

BlackBerry 10 won't even be a platform

It will be our way of life.

I'm already kind of looking at my 5th gen iPod touch with mild disgust, like WHY DID I BUY YOU?
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    daveycrocket likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Or you know what it is.. BlackBerry 10. Not "The BlackBerry 10".. they could even say "The BlackBerry 10 platform" Most times you hear it, they're not referencing a device, they're referencing the platform.. BlackBerry 10.
    Right. The way they phrased it makes BlackBerry 10 sound like just a device, not a platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    724 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbinexile View Post

I'm really looking forward to the press release: RIM Shocks their entire user-base with the release of a QWERTY Keyboard Version of BB10; Critics say keyboards are 'soooooo 1996' lol
    CrackBerry Addict

yeah the media referring to it as "the blackberry 10" has my mother and all the non-techy people i know calling it that. i feel your pain, its pretty annoying.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Default Re: When RIM launches "The BlackBerry 10" journalists DRIVING ME NUTS

It bugs me when people refer to "iTouch" or "Droids" .
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 416to604 View Post
    yeah the media referring to it as "the blackberry 10" has my mother and all the non-techy people i know calling it that. i feel your pain, its pretty annoying.
    My folks do that all the time. THE facebook, THE twitter ect.. Lol lol
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,047 Global Posts

RIM themselves needs to get consistent on the branding. They often shorten it to "BB10" (which journalists then do) instead of calling it "BlackBerry 10" consistently.

Could you imagine Steve Jobs calling iPhone "IP" or iTunes "IT" or Apple Macintosh "AM"?
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,047 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    It bugs me when people refer to "iTouch" or "Droids" .
    I don't my Droid if it's referring to an actual Motorola Droid phone. Or C3P0
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Abuser

on a sidenote, the blackberry 10 sounds so much better than L series. and the more "blackberry" is mentioned, the greater the accumulation of mindshare.

i really don't understand what the fuss is about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk