After I forward or rewind a movie in my Blackberry, the sound and the movie go out of sync, why?
    To be able to watch it in my Blackberry, I converted an avi file that I downloaded from the web, to the following type of file (here are the parameters of the output file):
    - output container: avi file
    - output video codec: mpeg-4
    - output audio codec: mp3
    - video frames per second: 15
    - video bitrate: 192 kbps
    - audio sampling freq: 44100
    - audio channels: 2
    - audio bitrate: 320 kbps

I can see the output file perfectly with my Blackberry 8100, but when I try to fast forward it or to rewind it, the audio goes out of sync of the video just right after, and there is no way to see them synced again, unless I just stop it and watch it again from the starting point.

Do you have any clues, please?
    05-12-09 11:06 AM
    Ihave the same issue on my 8800, although my parameters are a bit different, like you I'm using MP3 and mpeg-4.

My whole reason for putting movies on my BB is I commute in a van pool one hour each way, so ideally I'd watch half the movie on the way to work and the other half on the way home. If I pause the movie and try to resume it hours later, I either have a/v sync issues or it won't play at all. And if I start from the beginning and FF I get a/v sync issues. So the only thing that works is for the trip home to start the movie from the beginning and let it play til I reach the spot where I left off - if that's an hour into the movie I start it at 4:00 while I am still at work so it'll be ready for my commute at 5:00. A real pain.

Is there a better way to encode video files so they can be resumed later (and insync)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:55 PM
    Funny,I have noticed the exact same thing...
    05-12-09 08:28 PM
    I hear you men, and it is really a pain in the ***!! Exactly what happens to me.

I hope someone can shed some light on us, because it is really awfull and even weird to have to handle things like this.
    05-20-09 03:08 PM
    I HAVE GOT IT!!!

You have to download the "Blackberry Video Creator", I've got the version 1.13.0.9.
    Regretfully, I cannot add the link (I tried many different ways, but the forum is not allowing me to), so try at snapfiles (you know, with the www and the com) and then slash download slash dlbbvideoconverter dot html

I CAN now forward and rewind and the audio and video always stay synchronized in my Blackberry 8100.

THIS IS GREAT!!!

Hope it will help you guys (it made me VERY happy!)
    05-23-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD