It seems this thread wanted 'gut instinct' guesses oppose to technical analysis and high probability outcome advice.

I had alphabetty spaghetti on toast tonight and the first 4 letters I saw was R I M & M. I need no further confirmation.....as we speak I am betting the ranch and putting my Gran on Ebay for extra funds.

......Fingers crossed guys.....fingers crossed !!!
    02-02-12 02:16 PM
    No one can answer these questions. You can make an educated decision but in the end buying stocks is a gamble. My advice is to NEVER invest in the stock market what you cant afford to lose.

My opinion is now is the time to buy Rim stocks and I feel, hope and wish they will gain.
    02-02-12 02:17 PM
    You should buy now if the stock price increases in the future. Don't buy now if the stock price decreases in the future. This is the key to all stock market speculation.

Good luck.
    This comment is as much as can be said,

Everything else is so speculative

infact the phrase "good luck" sums it up the best.
    02-02-12 02:54 PM
    It seems this thread wanted 'gut instinct' guesses oppose to technical analysis and high probability outcome advice.

I had alphabetty spaghetti on toast tonight and the first 4 letters I saw was R I M & M. I need no further confirmation.....as we speak I am betting the ranch and putting my Gran on Ebay for extra funds.

......Fingers crossed guys.....fingers crossed !!!
    Are you sure you're not supposed to invest in M&M's ?
    02-02-12 03:24 PM
    I, like you, have Androids & BBs & an iPhone (& a WebOS phone & a WP7 phone). Guess which one I use (by far) the most? I'll give you a hint: it's not the iPhone or any of the androids or the WP7 or the WebOS.

You know why that is? Because RIM is not even behind right now, they just get a bad rap in NA because the blogosphere loves to hate on them. Depending on what you want out of your phones BBs can definitely be the best phone on the market right now.

So where I'm going with this is you saying "Apple and everyone else will already have something better" is a meaningless statement. You are just saying that you are guessing that you will probably like the iPhone 5 (that is actually the 6th iPhone) better than the new BB10 BB's, but that doesn't mean they will actually Be better, just that you think you will probably like them better.

My opinion? I feel my 9810 is the best phone on the market (certainly way better than the iPhone 4S) and my PB is the best tablet on the market, so when RIM takes the strengths of both and puts them into their upcoming BB10 phones they have the potential of creating something great.

And in answer to the original question: Now would be the time to buy RIMM. It's already going up, but it is still nice and low, so get it while you can.
    I have the 9810 that you speak of and yes, while it is miles better than the 9800 it replaced it is far far from being the best phone on the market! The 9810 like my 9860 and my 9900 still requires battery pulls at least every once a week or more otherwise they start to lag like there is no tomorrow and anyone that says that it doesn't is not being truthful. While I love Blackberries I am not blind to the fact that they have some flaws.

My iphone does not require reboots every few days and just keeps ticking along at normal speeds without lag. Certainly if I had to choose only one device it would have to be the Blackberry so I am very glad that I have the luxury of being able to have both devices.
    02-02-12 03:30 PM
    Are you sure you're not supposed to invest in M&M's ?
    Lmao.....Bingo !

I'm always on the look out for sharp shooters.

Come work for me haha.

Contact me on [email protected]

02-02-12 03:53 PM
    You buy when price is low. Sell when price goes up. That's the basics to cattle.
    02-02-12 04:40 PM
    This thread is getting stranger by the hour.
    02-02-12 04:51 PM
    I did a quick search couldn't find her. Link?

I could always use an old lady around the house...if nothing more than to just tell me about the "good 'ol days" and listen to old people ebonics. You know, like calling a sweater, an afghan and a couch, a davenport.

IMHO granny is a far better investment than RIM stock.
    02-02-12 05:01 PM
    RIMM has lots of positive reasons to buy its stock now. I see only one negative. Am I not understanding? - Please tell me I am wrong -

The timetable of BlackBerry releases shows a large BB7 update for all phones this summer, but no BB10 phones until sometime in 2013?
    A lot of people aren't excited about os7 devices (except die hard bb fans). I would learn more about the stock market (if i were you) before i started throwing money away...You may want to get acquainted with daily/weekly/monthly price & volume charts....
    02-02-12 05:11 PM
    I did a quick search couldn't find her. Link?

I could always use an old lady around the house...if nothing more than to just tell me about the "good 'ol days" and listen to old people ebonics. You know, like calling a sweater, an afghan and a couch, a davenport.

IMHO granny is a far better investment than RIM stock.
    I'm afraid she has been snapped up already. She is in transit atm.

Sorry

02-02-12 06:13 PM
    I don't see how any of us can predict where RIMM will end up or certainly the perfect time to buy it.

Even the great Mr. Prem Watsa has been wrong on a company or two he thought would turn around. Same is true with all value investors. Information is never perfect, prescience even less so.

But I think if you are investing in a company that you are already emotionally or financially invested in, then you have a basic question to ask yourself and try to get the best honesty you can:

Are you buying this stock because you think the company will do well in the future, or because you hope the company will do well?

If the answer is the latter, you should probably get some unbiased advice.
    02-02-12 06:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD