Ok, I understand about keeping things hush hush until launch. I get it. But I feel as though the classic has been "coming soon" since March. Any new articles or news that pop up, not just on this site, are just the same old "it's coming soon but we aren't really sure when but maybe November but maybe January".

It seems frustrating that Blackberry wants to stage a comeback but they are so cryptic and slow with releases. It's like, pick a date, announce and stick to it. I would think they would want the Classic out for Christmas/holidays. I really would like a Classic, but it is very annoying when it is supposedly a month before launch and we honestly don't know when it is coming.

Just venting. It is frustrating because I love Blackberry phones but the way they have handled this is not encouraging.
    10-14-14 11:52 AM
    Ok, I understand about keeping things hush hush until launch. I get it. But I feel as though the classic has been "coming soon" since March. Any new articles or news that pop up, not just on this site, are just the same old "it's coming soon but we aren't really sure when but maybe November but maybe January".

It seems frustrating that Blackberry wants to stage a comeback but they are so cryptic and slow with releases. It's like, pick a date, announce and stick to it. I would think they would want the Classic out for Christmas/holidays. I really would like a Classic, but it is very annoying when it is supposedly a month before launch and we honestly don't know when it is coming.

Just venting. It is frustrating because I love Blackberry phones but the way they have handled this is not encouraging.
    Let me know when the do something that is encouraging....

Chen said November, way back in June - but he did say anything during the latest Earnings Report or during the launch of the Passport to confirm that. And who know if the apparent demand for the Passport might throw production for the Classic back...
    10-14-14 12:05 PM
    Ok, I understand about keeping things hush hush until launch. I get it...
    I "get it" as well.
    That's why I don't ask. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    gregerator likes this.
    10-14-14 12:56 PM
    I used to care when the classic would be available but now, I just dont care anymore
    10-14-14 01:12 PM
    Let me know when the do something that is encouraging....

Chen said November, way back in June - but he did say anything during the latest Earnings Report or during the launch of the Passport to confirm that. And who know if the apparent demand for the Passport might throw production for the Classic back...
    Agree on this. And why not? Passport seems to be picking up slow and steady. And it seems it may well be sensible to wait before releasing Classic. Passport needs to yield maximum returns.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    10-14-14 03:30 PM
    Likely tied to BES12 release. The Classic is aimed squarely at getting BBOS corporate issued devices migrated over to BB10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-14 04:01 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sometime December...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:04 PM
    Of course, I have verizon and who knows when/if it will be available for Verizon even when it does come out
    10-14-14 05:21 PM
    Probably the same as the passport. Announce it at 12:59:59 on november 30 ("we launched in november") with it not being widely available for another month
    10-14-14 06:44 PM
    I used to care when the classic would be available but now, I just dont care anymore
    This +100000000

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:16 PM
    Probably the same as the passport. Announce it at 12:59:59 on november 30 ("we launched in november") with it not being widely available for another month
    Delay the release in USA by another month and then expectations are set.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    10-14-14 07:18 PM
    So no Christmas presents with trackpad and call answer button ... ?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-15-14 02:07 AM