I'm a big believer in buying low because it can make it easier and more options to sell higher.

Looking at the price right now is disappointing. I was hoping the changes would have a vote of confidence but alas no luck.

Which begs the question will BlackBerry ever rally or is it just prolonging it's own funeral?
    When is the best time to invest in BBRY?-img_20131394.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:45 AM
    The best time to invest in BlackBerry:

Never.

Only joking, I'm not too sure, just wanted to reply to this thread :P But honestly, do you really think they'll make a comeback?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:46 AM
    My glass was half full with the change around a few weeks ago. I an hopeful and this new guy has experience in turning around ailing fortunes.

But so far we haven't seen any change in attitudes towards how they are going to start making money again.

All I have seen is a few emails asking US, yes the presumer to get people we know on to BBM. And right now they can't make money out of BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:51 AM
    But you have to realise that the fact that people are merely talking about a BlackBerry product ends up giving it some attention.

Even if their "terrible phones" are brought up due to the conversation, someone can prove them wrong. Usually people just talk **** about BlackBerry and have an extremely narrow minded approach. The OS still needs a LOT of refining. BlackBerry also need some better quality hardware: Camera, display, body. But mostly, marketing. Devs will come one day, hopefully.

I'm waiting

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:09 AM
    I want an instant return though on my money so if you're prepared to lose value than go ahead. This is the reason why no one wants to invest. Nobody waits for it, they just move elsewhere where the money is.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:52 AM
    I'm thinking of investing in BBRY too but I want to know when first.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:17 AM
    Who knows. I thought when I bought some it was good time. Yeah, right
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-16-13 07:19 AM
    Don't buy stock just because they're cheap. Leadership, products, and multiple successful earning reports play a huge role in the stock price. Ask yourself these questions...Does Blackberry have strong leadership? Are people purchasing their products? How are the earning reports each quarter? There are other factors, but those are some questions I usually ask myself before making an investment. I've seen a lot of people get burned due to buying cheap trashy stocks. Personally I wouldn't touch blackberry's stock (been saying this for the past 2 years). There are plenty of companies out here making money, and I'd rather invest in those companies. Blackberry is never mentioned with the elite companies in its sector and that should tell you more than enough about your future investment op. You should pick up a few books by William j oneil. His books taught me a lot about investing.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 11-16-13 at 07:52 AM.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    11-16-13 07:36 AM
    When you find the guy with the crystal ball let me know, I'd buy some too...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:50 AM
    Have you ever noticed that at the end of every advertisement for any investment their is always a little warning of some type letting the potential investor know that they may loose money. With that said it is really simple never invest more than you can afford to loose. Trying to time the market or predict it is risky at best. Most successful investors are long term investors in solid performing company's with a proven track record. BlackBerry is a huge risk but with a few solid moves and some LUCK they can turn it around. On another note I am heading to Vegas want to give me some cash I am feeling lucky. You can even pick the game but we are going all in meaning one hand of black jack or one go at a table of your choice. No minum bet allowed all in on one table. Hope we get lucky and besides it is not my money I lost it is yours.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:46 AM
    now is def not the best time to invest in bbry.....we have no idea what their business plan is and how they will be approaching it....i would say to wait for management to make some type of announcement as to where this company is heading towards.
    11-16-13 08:56 AM
    I don't know what your risk tolerance is but if you're willing to invest a small amount in BlackBerry, the potential rewards are huge. I personally believe they're undervalued but what's most important is what Mr. Chen does from here on out. Personally I think it's a great stock to sink a little money into but what you definitely do NOT do is bet the farm on them or any other 1 stock. There's nothing wrong with taking a risk inside a balanced portfolio.
    Let's meet back here in a couple yrs to count our money! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:28 AM
    Blue Ridge Capital bought shares as if September 30 filings, take note of this article. Lame stream media does not carry positive news on this type of transaction.

The hedge fund also acquired 1,440,000 shares of Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF_) worth $29,520,000 and 2,345,000 shares of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY_) (BB) worth $18,631,000.

Cliffs Natural Resources recently declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share for its common stock and $17.50 per share for its series A preferred stock.

On the other hand, BlackBerry hired John Chen to serve as executive chairman . The company also received a $1 billion investment from shareholders to continue its business as a public company.

Blue Ridge Capital recently submitted its 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission SEC showing the its equity investments were worth $8,369,173,000 for the third quarter that ended September 30, 2013.

You are free to discern whether it's time for you to invest or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:30 AM
    Now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-19-13 03:16 PM
    Now.
    Not.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-19-13 03:21 PM
    I believe in December, early January. BlackBerry is going to take a beating in Q3, Q4 and even Q1 of 2014. There is no avoiding it. However, BB10 is refining, BES10 is increasing and BB10.2.1.1055 is showing easy adaptation of android apps combined with BlackBerry World. This will end the App Gap and this OS is so fast and stable, heads are going to turn.

Trolls should be forced to use BB10!
    11-19-13 03:26 PM
    About 10 years ago.
    11-19-13 03:44 PM
    Now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    So how much did you buy?
    11-19-13 03:45 PM
    There is plenty of risk buying BBRY right now, it is very low so if you can afford the risk buy now. If you want to wait and see if it goes lower then wait. The opposite could happen and goes up (not likely) right now though.

Be prepared to lose money! Hope to make a bunch!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:44 PM
    Buy now

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:03 PM