BBBRY should change PIN policy for BBM, and allow BBM registration by ID. This would allow support for one BBM profile on multiple devices.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    08-25-14 12:54 AM
    qq

Why can't a user use BBM on iOS, Android, BlackBerry at the sometime and have their BBM messages delivered to ALL devices? Why is that so hard? iMessage does it across all Apple devices and Google does it on all Android and iOS devices as does FaceBook.
    This drives me bonkers LOL. Especially since I use multiple platforms.
    08-25-14 08:51 PM
    BBBRY should change PIN policy for BBM, and allow BBM registration by ID. This would allow support for one BBM profile on multiple devices.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    I do think they could associate multiple PINs to a BlackBerry ID, that'd allow the simultaneous login

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    chalx likes this.
    08-25-14 09:10 PM
    Let users make that choice, invite by pin or like what'sapp

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 likes this.
    08-25-14 09:36 PM
    I do think they could associate multiple PINs to a BlackBerry ID, that'd allow the simultaneous login

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247

Even better. BBM PIN policy should be changed.
    08-25-14 11:54 PM
    Again we're all being stubborn about pins. It was cool back then, having to remember a combination and share it with your friends. Not anymore though, really. Blackberry needs to move on from pins.
    ...if you can remember a phone number, you can remember a PIN...if that's really too much to ask...then simply scan to invite...I really don't see the big problem...people are getting lazier and lazier as the years go on.......

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-26-14 12:28 AM
    ...if you can remember a phone number, you can remember a PIN...if that's really too much to ask...then simply scan to invite...I really don't see the big problem...people are getting lazier and lazier as the years go on.......

Posted via CB10
    It's not really about becoming more lazy, nowadays more convenient things are being released so you can save up time to do something more useful (or at least that's the idea)

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 12:53 AM
    Do you want people to randomly call you?
    Cuz that's how people are going to prank call you.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:19 AM
    This thread is stupid. If one (especially a BlackBerry user) cannot understand the concept of a PIN vs a personal cell phone number or any other means of self identification, then he/she should probably just be using WhatsApp in the first place. Also, the title of this thread is childish and not thought out well at all. Just because WhatsApp uses the word "PIN" in their description doesn't mean they're taking a "swipe" at BlackBerry. It's just normal comparative competition.

BlackBerry is a company built around security. They know more about the field than any one person in these forums. Not to mention their primary focus isn't to please the consumer (which is what this thread implies they do for the sacrifice of security), it's to provide the highest level of security to their enterprise customers. So yes, a PIN in every way is more secure than a mobile number and it should be that way because along many other things, it essentially represents what BlackBerry stands for: security.
    It would be ideal to respect the opinions of those posting. Calling it stupid doesn't make you any better. Guess what, you've become part of a stupid thread which makes your post "stupid" too.
    If you think Blackberry will ever get out of the consumer market then you're illusioned. Very few prosumers are impacting the changes being made to the OS and the apps (bbm), most of the feedback is coming from consumers like the majority of us here. Some like the pin, some dont. It happens to be that you want the pin idea to stay. Good! But calling a thread stupid is really childish, as you prophesied earlier.
    08-26-14 03:17 AM
    It's not really about becoming more lazy, nowadays more convenient things are being released so you can save up time to do something more useful (or at least that's the idea)

Posted via CB10
    ...yeah, but the majority of these 'conveniences' don't really save all that much time at all...generally speaking...I will take 'better' over statistical convenience any day...

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 and DocDRM like this.
    08-26-14 06:58 AM
    BlackBerry is a company built around security. They know more about the field than any one person in these forums.
    Don't bet on that!
    08-26-14 11:14 AM
    08-26-14 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except it depends on what you want. For example, for me, if I had Whatsapp, I'd spend more time deleting all of the people I don't want on my list when it automatically pulls all of my phone numbers into the contacts without asking me. With BBM, I can add who I wish and I have control over that, which, for me, saves me time over fixing the huge mess Whatsapp would have left me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-26-14 05:15 PM
    Do you want people to randomly call you?
    Cuz that's how people are going to prank call you.

Posted via CB10
    Then you're giving your number out to the wrong people.

Q10, N5, N10.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    08-26-14 05:33 PM

Q10, N5, N10.
    Problem is that there are certain contacts "loosely connected" to business lol. Depending on the nature of your work. Simple email or instant messaging is desirable there.
    And it's preferable to simply have them on BBM and that be the only way to have contact with them. You can terminate all contact whenever you'd like.
    But if they have your number, they might pass your number to someone else, call you.

It all depends on everyone's use case and the way they prefer to communicate. That's why I always say that there is a market large enough for both BBM and whatsapp to have huge numbers. Variety and choice are great. I don't install whatsapp because of it using my phone book and phone number, but for others, that's a godsend.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    Last edited by jope28; 08-27-14 at 11:45 AM.
    08-26-14 06:35 PM

Q10, N5, N10.
    How do you know what their going to do before you give then your number?

What about ex boyfriend and girlfriends? Have to go around blocking their numbers? What if they decide to call from different numbers? The potential for messyness that could be easily avoided..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    08-27-14 01:46 AM

Q10, N5, N10.
    You don't need people to give your number to anyone.
    If person A build a chat group. Every other 48 person in that group could have your number and save it in favourite without you knowing. And then the fun starts.
    And of course, my favourite part about whatsapp is how easy people could stalk your DP. And you didn't even know it.
    Whatsapp is a massive spider web interlocking somewhere even if you don't have a whatsapp account.
    Whatsapp collected the phone numbers irregardless you are a user or not. And now that FB acquired WA, it's even easier to link those who are not on WA with accounts and names from your friends mobile phonebook that YOU GAVE to Whatsapp.
    It's like somebody gave a traditional phonebook to a stranger and he kept it in his closet waiting the time to use all the collected phonebooks.

LOL. Talk about those who don't care about privacy.

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1052
    08-27-14 02:37 AM
    How do you know what their going to do before you give then your number?

What about ex boyfriend and girlfriends? Have to go around blocking their numbers? What if they decide to call from different numbers? The potential for messyness that could be easily avoided..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    So never give any other person your phone number since there is some chance the person may later abuse it?
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-27-14 07:37 AM
    So never give any other person your phone number since there is some chance the person may later abuse it?
    Or just use BBM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    08-27-14 07:37 AM
    If someone gets your BBM PIN and tries to use it to spam or harrass you, you can block them in BBM and there's no other way they can get to you with that PIN. Problem solved.

If someone gets your phone number they can stalk you through Whatsapp, SMS, phone calls, voice mail. You may be able to block their number on your phone or through your carrier, but what if they change their number? Or use someone else's phone? Or use a pay phone? If they are persistent you may have to change your number, and that's a huge headache for you!

BBM for me, thanks.
    jope28 and PetrosMac like this.
    08-27-14 08:28 AM
    If someone gets your BBM PIN and tries to use it to spam or harrass you, you can block them in BBM and there's no other way they can get to you with that PIN. Problem solved.

If someone gets your phone number they can stalk you through Whatsapp, SMS, phone calls, voice mail. You may be able to block their number on your phone or through your carrier, but what if they change their number? Or use someone else's phone? Or use a pay phone? If they are persistent you may have to change your number, and that's a huge headache for you!

BBM for me, thanks.
    Are stalkers really that much of a problem for a lot of people? If someone won't stop harassing you after you block their number and tell them to stop, maybe call the police.
    08-27-14 11:11 AM
    BlackBerry seems to do this over and over again. Stubbornly refusing to change the way they do things by insisting that BlackBerry's way is better, while the masses go elsewhere because most don't care about that feature and just want convenience. BlackBerry is left with the niche market of the relatively few people who cared about that feature, while the competitors enjoy their huge user base and record setting profits. Then BlackBerry can't develop an ecosystem because of a small user base and it falls further behind. Eventually, BlackBerry realizes that it should go with the trend, but it's too late to catch up. It's a terrible cycle that BlackBerry can't seem to break.

The mantra of security, security, security hasn't worked for BlackBerry. Yet BlackBerry will keep repeating it and see BBM stagnate while it's competitor's get a larger and larger user base. Whatsapp and it's owner FaceBook already have a user base that constitutes a fairly impressive percentage of the entire human population.
    chalx and FrankIAm like this.
    08-27-14 11:28 AM
    The mantra of security, security, security hasn't worked for BlackBerry. Yet BlackBerry will keep repeating it and see BBM stagnate while it's competitor's get a larger and larger user base. Whatsapp and it's owner FaceBook already have a user base that constitutes a fairly impressive percentage of the entire human population.
    Without the mantra of security, Blackberry would lose the business world. That is where it is still strong. Let the masses have their insecure phones and apps. Most people don't even put passwords on their phones so let them run into problems. Businesses can't afford to act the same way as consumers. Don't tell me that you think that Facebook is a secure system. I am an IT manager and I don't touch Facebook or any other social media as I know better.
    08-27-14 11:42 AM
    Except it depends on what you want. For example, for me, if I had Whatsapp, I'd spend more time deleting all of the people I don't want on my list when it automatically pulls all of my phone numbers into the contacts without asking me. With BBM, I can add who I wish and I have control over that, which, for me, saves me time over fixing the huge mess Whatsapp would have left me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    How do you know who amongst your contacts have BBM? Especially if you don't get to meet them often.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 11:43 AM
    How do you know who amongst your contacts have BBM? Especially if you don't get to meet them often.

Posted via CB10
    Bbm will notify you which contacts have bbm or not via the email that you put into the phonebook.
    It will scan and suggest you to add them into your bbm contact.
    That's how I add and connect with people I didn't know is on bbm.

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1052
    08-27-14 11:50 AM
267 ... 678910 ...