To all those people who reply & think like this can I pose a question to you. Besides your family members, do you think that you are that important & irreplaceable to other people that they will go through all the trouble to SMS or email or call you?

Posted via CB10
    I guess It all depends on the nature of your work and this BYOD policy has muddied the waters. Granted, we should all have 2 devices (one for work and another personal), but in practice, it gets a little mixed.
    I know that it shouldn't be that way, but it's the nature of the beast sometimes.
    I bet that whatsapp is a great app and great service, but the way they use the phone contact list just isn't for some of us.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 06:53 PM
    After seeing a few post I have to say one thing tho.. Security will not get us far "nuff said".

At least for consumers it won't

If you ask me, maybe adding a way for normal consumers to have a "phone number way of adding people" and for the business the "pin" of options.. but I guess it's not that simple :S

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 00_Agent; 09-04-14 at 07:27 AM.
    09-03-14 07:06 PM
    To all those people who reply & think like this can I pose a question to you. Besides your family members, do you think that you are that important & irreplaceable to other people that they will go through all the trouble to SMS or email or call you?

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to be famous how about a crazy ex-spouse, girl friend/boy friend, co-worker. Auto discovery is the best way to track people this goes for giving FaceBook, LinkedIn, WhatsApps access to your address book. Maybe you don't go out of your way to contact someone via auto discovery but that doesn't mean these services aren't going to let the other party know you're on it.

Remember these services are all about building traffic they don't care if it's good or bad traffic.

Posted via my Q10
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-03-14 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    The "trouble" to SMS or call someone?? REALLY? Do you sit on the couch all day and have everything including the toilet wheeled to you so you never have to get up or something?? How is it any more trouble to SMS someone rather than whatsapp them??
    09-04-14 12:29 AM
    The "trouble" to SMS or call someone?? REALLY? Do you sit on the couch all day and have everything including the toilet wheeled to you so you never have to get up or something?? How is it any more trouble to SMS someone rather than whatsapp them??
    To call someone or to sms someone is no trouble. To call someone or sms someone to find out if they have BBM or not then convince them to download BBM is REALLY TROUBLESOME

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    09-04-14 06:36 AM
    To call someone or to sms someone is no trouble. To call someone or sms someone to find out if they have BBM or not then convince them to download BBM is REALLY TROUBLESOME

Posted via CB10
    Except that's not what he said... He said if they DON'T WANT TO USE BBM they could simply SMS, email, or call him in order to communicate...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-04-14 07:07 AM
    All we have to do is look at Apple and its customers to see what happens when you want convenience at the expense of privacy and security.

I'll take BBM and PINs, thanks.

Typed with dazzling speed and accuracy on my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    09-04-14 07:27 AM
    All we have to do is look at Apple and its customers to see what happens when you want convenience at the expense of privacy and security.

Huge profits, popularity, and a thriving ecosystem?

- I'm just teasing a bit.
    Last edited by MmmHmm; 09-04-14 at 09:46 AM.
    Coffee Shampoo and chalx like this.
    09-04-14 09:20 AM

Actually in the last 2 days I've gotten atleast 2 or 3 requests from random strangers or organizations on BBM and I never give out my PIN because no one I know uses BBM.

Posted via my Q10
    09-05-14 10:44 PM
    Actually in the last 2 days I've gotten atleast 2 or 3 requests from random strangers or organizations on BBM and I never give out my PIN because no one I know uses BBM.

Posted via my Q10
    That's happened to me too.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:11 PM
    I'm getting random pin messages from indonesian bot servers.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:49 PM
    After seeing a few post I have to say one thing tho.. Security will not get us far "nuff said".

At least for consumers it won't

If you ask me, maybe adding a way for normal consumers to have a "phone number way of adding people" and for the business the "pin" of options.. but I guess it's not that simple :S

Posted via CB10
    BBM and BBM Plus. I think that's what you meant.
    09-10-14 10:52 PM
    It's Facebook Messenger that they should be worried about. It's taking over.
    The inevitable result being Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp integrating.
    And with all the people who already have their mobile no on FB, it's minimal effort
    My WhatsApp account will be deleted long before this happens!!!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    10-04-14 09:24 AM
    Attachment 292136

The middle paragraph!!
    Your comments?
    Mine: BBM deserves it. Stop being stubborn (like the time you kept BBM to Blackberry only), or else we'll lose it for good this time. Find a better way. Start by integrating BBM with text messages on BlackBerry phones. Then find a way OTHER than email addresses, pins, etc to add people.
    I agree that inviting and accepting invitations on BBM is not exactly an intuitive process, they should make an easier way to invite and accept invites but once you get through that hurdle I think more importantly BBM needs to be flawless in execution, meaning eliminate the bugs especially on platforms other than BlackBerry10 and make sure BBM has all the features it needs to compete with WhatsApp. Like dile media and location sharing on Group and multi-person chats. Then they can start working on BBM 2.0 for Windows and Video Chat for everyone. Ahhh... so much still left for the BBM developers to do. I don't mind the pins. I think that's a good thing, for privacy purposes!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:35 PM
    Never liked WhatsApp, never installed it, knowing Facebook gets their nose on it now it's another reason to ignore it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:36 PM
    Being stuck to PIN only method without even offering the "option" to use phone numbers to find other users got 80% of my friends who installed BBM on Android and iOS to uninstall it in a heartbeat because they couldn't find their contacts the way every other IM service is doing.

But anyway, not nice from WhatsApp to say so
    Yeah I don't want all my friends to find me and have a huge contact list. Only people I really want to talk to.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:56 AM
    I downloaded WhatsApp a while ago to see how it was in the Hub. I deleted it like 15 minutes later.

BBM on my phone and iMessage on my iPad and computer are enough for me.
    10-07-14 02:05 AM
267 ... 91011