WhatsApp takes a swipe at BBM-img_20140821_093815.png

The middle paragraph!!
    Your comments?
    Mine: BBM deserves it. Stop being stubborn (like the time you kept BBM to Blackberry only), or else we'll lose it for good this time. Find a better way. Start by integrating BBM with text messages on BlackBerry phones. Then find a way OTHER than email addresses, pins, etc to add people.
    08-21-14 08:45 AM
    Security, nuf said

Z10
    08-21-14 08:46 AM
    There's a thin line between security and usability...
    mithrazor likes this.
    08-21-14 08:48 AM
    I love the pin way. Nuff said

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:50 AM
    They're just advertising one of their features. It's the nature of competition. Not a big deal IMO.
    08-21-14 08:53 AM
    Again we're all being stubborn about pins. It was cool back then, having to remember a combination and share it with your friends. Not anymore though, really. Blackberry needs to move on from pins.
    senel, menshawy, Bsbudd and 5 others like this.
    08-21-14 08:53 AM
    Being stuck to PIN only method without even offering the "option" to use phone numbers to find other users got 80% of my friends who installed BBM on Android and iOS to uninstall it in a heartbeat because they couldn't find their contacts the way every other IM service is doing.

But anyway, not nice from WhatsApp to say so
    08-21-14 08:55 AM
    Pin way is good in my book. The mere fact that you have someone's number and they can contact you thru whatscrap without your prior approval sucks. If I'm on vacation and out of the country, I don't want to hear from everyone.... oops there is that whatscrap message from the person from work. Kiss my ***, BBM is the way to go, especially since it is all about privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    blusls, kawikaratekid and YYZYVR like this.
    08-21-14 08:55 AM
    I like the pin... if you change your number then the person that receives your old number could impersonate you.

Also, BlackBerry has made it incredibly easy to find friends. It recommends me friends that I haven't talked to for 5+ years. Pretty cool.

The pin is good because you don't have to give people your # and can easily delete them when you find out they're crazy without getting texts shortly afterwards. lol

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:56 AM
    Useless point. Who remembers a pin or even phone numbers? Everything gets saved. Not to mention so many ways to share your pin without having to remember it. Moot point !

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:56 AM
    so BBRickk, you'd rather provide your phone # rather than having to 'remember' a PIN? however, you don't need to remember your PIN though as its stored on your device, or you can scan someone's PIN to add them as BBM contacts...so non-issue?
    08-21-14 08:57 AM
    Security, nuf said

Z10
    Lol. "Security" in every thread.

You guys saying that everything that comes from BB is "secure" should visit a psychyatrist...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:58 AM
    Being stuck to PIN only method without even offering the "option" to use phone numbers to find other users got 80% of my friends who installed BBM on Android and iOS to uninstall it in a heartbeat because they couldn't find their contacts the way every other IM service is doing.

But anyway, not nice from WhatsApp to say so
    Thank you.
    08-21-14 08:58 AM
    Pin way is good in my book. The mere fact that you have someone's number and they can contact you thru whatscrap without your prior approval sucks. If I'm on vacation and out of the country, I don't want to hear from everyone.... oops there is that whatscrap message from the person from work. Kiss my ***, BBM is the way to go, especially since it is all about privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody spoke about going exactly like WhatsApp.. Phone numbers could just make it easier to find contacts. Sending add request is routed to PIN and it's up to the user to accept or ignore
    08-21-14 08:59 AM
    Always on, always connected, always killing your battery, always tacky, always taking cheap shots, always trying to undermine, always having crappy icons, always supporting stalkers, always trying to catch up to BBM, always spying on you, and finally always being one pack of _hit!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:00 AM
    You guys are amazing. You will comment something else if WhatsApp is not available in BlackBerry 10.

You guys can't even ignore a little marketing lines. All you know is complaining and complaining blah blah blah.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:02 AM
    so BBRickk, you'd rather provide your phone # rather than having to 'remember' a PIN? however, you don't need to remember your PIN though as its stored on your device, or you can scan someone's PIN to add them as BBM contacts...so non-issue?
    Where did you see me saying giving my number out? I'm just stating a fact. The technology is no longer being accepted. They just need to come up with a simpler way. I always liked adding by Names. Not nicknames. Real names. I think that's even simpler than a phone number, even though I never really stated it in any of my comments.
    08-21-14 09:03 AM
    if you change your number then the person that receives your old number could impersonate you
    I think this is not an issue as the phone reads the phone number. If BBM is able a change of phone number, the linked phone number to the PIN in BBM servers could change

I posted this idea in icanmakeitbetter and I think I covered most of the possibilities and concerns, please have a look https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....one-number-pin
    08-21-14 09:04 AM
    You guys are amazing. You will comment something else if WhatsApp is not available in BlackBerry 10.

You guys can't even ignore a little marketing lines. All you know is complaining and complaining blah blah blah.

Posted via CB10
    Ignoring is something Blackberry keeps doing. It keeps biting them in the arse.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    08-21-14 09:04 AM
    Lol. "Security" in every thread.

You guys saying that everything that comes from BB is "secure" should visit a psychyatrist...

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention the hard fact that the average user on BlackBerry now is more on WhatsApp than on BBM because everybody is on WhatsApp. But security of course, government can't get my phone number unless I give it out myself haha
    sentimentGX4 and nisarg86 like this.
    08-21-14 09:15 AM
    Ooh what's apps the best, imessage even better

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:18 AM
    Again we're all being stubborn about pins. It was cool back then, having to remember a combination and share it with your friends. Not anymore though, really. Blackberry needs to move on from pins.
    I disagree. If they got rid of pins, I would get rid of BBM. It's basically what sets it apart from the others. I don't like giving my number out to everyone but with a pin I have no worries at all. It's not about having a "cool" pin. I can share my pin in forums or online games. I wouldn't want to have to get my number changed or have someone creeping my Facebook. I guess twitter could be a good alternative to having a pin but for the people against the pin, there are many other options. If your not worried about giving out your number, you probably care less about security so you might as well use line, wechat or whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:27 AM
    PINs are great. Plus you guys all know that with BBM you're not limited to JUST using PINs right?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:27 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140821_093815.png 
Views:	4805 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	292136

The middle paragraph!!
    Your comments?
    Mine: BBM deserves it. Stop being stubborn (like the time you kept BBM to Blackberry only), or else we'll lose it for good this time. Find a better way. Start by integrating BBM with text messages on BlackBerry phones. Then find a way OTHER than email addresses, pins, etc to add people.
    OK how do I add someone if they wouldn't give me their number and if I change or lose my sim how do I get back my contacts I find what's app to be inferior to BBM.

Funny thing though BBM works great in other countries except on American carriers I think it's intentional.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:51 AM
    ...always trying to catch up to BBM,...

Posted via CB10
    I was with you until Riiiiight about there ;-)
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-21-14 10:09 AM
267 123 ...