Watching the BBM stress test today I came up with the idea to challenge Android Central with doing the same test on a droid of choice using Whatsapp. What do you think? Worth it? Egg on face?
    How about iMore and iMessage?
    04-01-13 04:43 PM
    imessage craps with one message lol...would be nice to see how they fair though.

Posted via CB10
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:00 PM
    Watching the BBM stress test today I came up with the idea to challenge Android Central with doing the same test on a droid of choice using Whatsapp. What do you think? Worth it? Egg on face?
    How about iMore and iMessage?

I just checked WhatsApp and if I am doing it right, to add a person you would need their phone number. I don't think it too good of an idea to be providing this to everyone.
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-01-13 05:00 PM
    Yeah but only if we know we'll be able to handle the most lol
    04-01-13 05:07 PM
    Yeah but only if we know we'll be able to handle the most lol

I really don't think WA can hold a candle to BBM.
    04-01-13 05:10 PM
    Not sure if you are kidding, but regardless, this made me laugh. Whatsapp is crap.
    04-01-13 05:16 PM
    Not sure if you are kidding, but regardless, this made me laugh. Whatsapp is crap.
    No argument from me. WA is crap.
    04-01-13 05:18 PM
    WhatsApp is very useful. It isn't a crap app. The version on Z10 isn't perfect and is kinda awkward with regard to Contacts and status updates. But it's still workable. WhatsApp is aware of the variance between the version for the Z10 and its versions for Android and iOS. We'll get there. I look forward to the next software upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:26 PM
    I really don't think WA can hold a candle to BBM.
    Yes, I agree the BBM is a much more sophisticated text messaging feature of the BlackBerrys but unless it can be used cross - platform, it is limited.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:28 PM
    WhatsApp is very useful. It isn't a crap app. The version on Z10 isn't perfect and is kinda awkward with regard to Contacts and status updates. But it's still workable. WhatsApp is aware of the variance between the version for the Z10 and its versions for Android and iOS. We'll get there. I look forward to the next software upgrade.

Posted via CB10

Any app that requires you to have the user in your contact list with Phone Number leaves little to be desired. Although I agree with the concept of cross platform, I very much dislike the requirement of having the user ALREADY in your list or even requiring something as private as a phone number for cross referencing. Hence my opinion that the app is crap.

If the user could be assigned a unique 10 or 20 digit code then possibly that would alleviate that issue.
    Whats App is owning in my stress test. I only have 2 BBM contacts and about 50 Whats App contacts. No brainer.
    I just checked WhatsApp and if I am doing it right, to add a person you would need their phone number. I don't think it too good of an idea to be providing this to everyone.
    Fair comment... I'd still like to see how other platforms stack up...
    04-01-13 06:06 PM
    Any app that requires you to have the user in your contact list with Phone Number leaves little to be desired. Although I agree with the concept of cross platform, I very much dislike the requirement of having the user ALREADY in your list or even requiring something as private as a phone number for cross referencing. Hence my opinion that the app is crap.

If the user could be assigned a unique 10 or 20 digit code then possibly that would alleviate that issue.
    Users use Whatsapp to communicate with friends. Friends would have our mobile numbers anyway if we were to text them. With Whatsapp, the texts are free for overseas texting. So don't understand the need for codes.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:14 PM
    Users use Whatsapp to communicate with friends. Friends would have our mobile numbers anyway if we were to text them. With Whatsapp, the texts are free for overseas texting. So don't understand the need for codes.

Posted via CB10

This is a fair comment. But my premise for the code thing was that if I want to chat with you without knowing your phone number I should be able to.
    04-01-13 06:21 PM