So, I received a spam message in Whatsapp today. An online cash something or other. I'm not jumping the gun, but I'm not very happy about a service I'm paying a dollar a year for sending me spam. This is the sort of thing I always worried about with these guys, and only gives BBM another +1in my books. It's also kind of fishy that I've never had any problems with it until Facebook bought it. Something to think about people. Might be going full time BBM, and taking all my friends with me.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:35 AM
    I've never had an account with Whatsapp or installed it or anything and I get spam all the time saying I have a message to play. So figure that one out lol
    11-12-14 10:43 AM
    Sometimes the people who create spam pose themselves as companies. I've never received anything from WhatsApp after I created my account.
    11-12-14 10:51 AM
    I get spam via SMS from facebook sometimes but I've never placed my phone number in Facebook before. I also get spam on WhatsApp from many real estate agents & so on.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:57 AM
    Pretty sure they weren't in my contacts list. There needs to be a authorization procedure to allow messages, before they're sent, not just a block feature after. Frankly, if they're not in my contact list, they shouldn't be able to send a message to me, or even know I'm there. Like I said, it might be full on BBM time.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:33 AM
    I get spam via SMS from facebook sometimes but I've never placed my phone number in Facebook before. I also get spam on WhatsApp from many real estate agents & so on.

Posted via CB10
    U don't have to, they just take it. You don't have privacy when u agree with their terms.
    11-12-14 12:01 PM
    So, I received a spam message in Whatsapp today. An online cash something or other. I'm not jumping the gun, but I'm not very happy about a service I'm paying a dollar a year for sending me spam. This is the sort of thing I always worried about with these guys, and only gives BBM another +1in my books. It's also kind of fishy that I've never had any problems with it until Facebook bought it. Something to think about people. Might be going full time BBM, and taking all my friends with me.

Posted via CB10
    Just block the number and if you ever get any messages from another number that you don't know just block that as well I know it's annoying but if you have to have whatsapp then that's the only thing you could do

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-12-14 12:11 PM
    Just block the number and if you ever get any messages from another number that you don't know just block that as well I know it's annoying but if you have to have whatsapp then that's the only thing you could do

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Ya, that'll work, and since it's the first time I'm not jumping the gun. Still don't like that a company won't work to keep crap out of my inbox, but we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:00 PM
    Happens from time to time
    Have also experienced it with spam pin messages in Indonesian

Spam everywhere lol

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:58 PM
    I remember one CB member reported getting WhatsApp spam from hookers... 8-o

Better delete those quickly, avoid drama with wife...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-12-14 11:37 PM