Heck, even BBM coming on desktop via bridge associated with the pin, is much better than nothing. I'm sure BlackBerry will not do it if security is not factored into the equation.
    It makes sense. I mean, most people have their device with them when they're using their computer, right? I just hate the idea that your messages could be read on another device without your knowledge, as with other messaging apps. It's really not difficult to get someone's login, but it would be pretty hard to get physical access to my BlackBerry.
    03-08-14 11:43 AM
    Better than Bluestacks is the combination of virtualbox and Genymotion. Go to this link for details https://cloud.genymotion.com/page/doc/#collapse4
    I am running both BBM and Whatstapp.
    03-08-14 01:09 PM
    Is your info from a reliable source?
    Yes. It's been ready for a while now. Several versions of it.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-08-14 01:33 PM
    Yes. It's been ready for a while now. Several versions of it.
    Just to pick your brain, what do you think could be the reason(s) for the delay to implement it on the desktop. Does BBRY think that the desktop feature isn't economically viable?
    03-08-14 02:15 PM
    Better than Bluestacks is the combination of virtualbox and Genymotion. Go to this link for details https://cloud.genymotion.com/page/doc/#collapse4
    I am running both BBM and Whatstapp.
    Thanks for sharing the link. Again, the average user won't want to go through all this hassle just to have BBM on the desktop. The average user wants simply click and use.
    03-08-14 02:22 PM
    Quick question, I just tried downloading Bluestack but there were other programs being simultaneously installed on my PC. I find that rather invasive. How do I prevent those programs from downloading on my PC. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Usually there is a checkmark somewhere to prevent those other software. Look around. Are they like toolbars? And weather widgets?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:33 PM
    they are moving in alot of different directions and yes the desktop is one of them but you dont do 10 things at once or you end up with 10 horrible non working things instead of a few working good things. Everyone knows blackberry is in a hurry. Look at what they have done in the past month even. bbm updates on all platforms updates for bbos working on z3 and release new bes upgrades, a new bes security suite not to mention other phones, programs and updates. So lots going on and yes they are well aware of whatsapp and what they are doing it doesnt happen all at once and we shouldnt be wanting it to.
    03-08-14 02:43 PM
    they are moving in alot of different directions and yes the desktop is one of them but you dont do 10 things at once or you end up with 10 horrible non working things instead of a few working good things. Everyone knows blackberry is in a hurry. Look at what they have done in the past month even. bbm updates on all platforms updates for bbos working on z3 and release new bes upgrades, a new bes security suite not to mention other phones, programs and updates. So lots going on and yes they are well aware of whatsapp and what they are doing it doesnt happen all at once and we shouldnt be wanting it to.
    Understandably so; but when its alleged that "Desktop BBM" has been ready or completed for a while, then won't you agree that it defies logic or plausible explanation for it (Desktop BBM) not to have launched? If this feature is ready, how would its launching infringe or impede BlackBerry's present hectic schedule or scheduling? Simply, something doesn't make sense.
    03-08-14 03:13 PM
    Just to pick your brain, what do you think could be the reason(s) for the delay to implement it on the desktop. Does BBRY think that the desktop feature isn't economically viable?
    Has nothing to do with economic viability. The fact BBM PINS are tied to one device and that adjusting that to be updated and support multiple devices is harder than initially thought. Instead, they have to look at ways in which they can 'mirror' the content vs. having the ability to run it natively in two different locations. Seen the survey about custom PINS? There's more to that idea than just having people pay for custom PINS, that's a short term outlook. Long term outlook is that it potentially helps aid in other problems with the NOC and how it handles PINS.

tl;dr: BBM was never designed to run on multiple devices, it's hard to work backwards on legacy systems and repurpose their usage for something that was never intended. BlackBerry realized this long and had to come up with a workaround / different plan.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-08-14 05:49 PM
    I completly agree, however it is nice to have an option
    Last edited by Sallem; 03-08-14 at 09:05 PM. Reason: miss placed
    03-08-14 09:03 PM
    Thanks for sharing the link. Again, the average user won't want to go through all this hassle just to have BBM on the desktop. The average user wants simply click and use.
    I completely agree, however it is nice to have an option
    03-08-14 09:06 PM
    Please give it some time, it's all happening.

No Q10? -> Buy from Chen...
    03-09-14 03:41 AM
    Please give it some time, it's all happening.

No Q10? -> Buy from Chen...
    Like your optimism. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    03-09-14 09:27 AM
    BlackBerry revealed/gave a sneak peek of BBM desktop months ago. Why haven't they released it
    03-11-14 11:15 AM
    BlackBerry revealed/gave a sneak peek of BBM desktop months ago. Why haven't they released it
    Agreed. That was at least 5 months ago.
    03-11-14 12:51 PM
    BlackBerry was showing bbm desktop months and months ago at dev jam Asia. Of course in typical BlackBerry fashion we have not seen it become available. I've run out of patience for this company.
    06-05-14 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry was showing bbm desktop months and months ago at dev jam Asia. Of course in typical BlackBerry fashion we have not seen it become available. I've run out of patience for this company.
    To be fair, they did say at BB Jam Asia that it did not have any planned release, just that they were testing it.

That doesn't mean they deserve your patience. They've erected plenty of hurdles directly in front of themselves along the way.
    06-05-14 05:14 PM
42 12