Well so does WhatsApp...
    Yes but not because Whatsapp is smart but, rather, because BlackBerrys are slick.

BB, Still the One
    10-03-15 03:59 AM
    Whatsapp played along with the times adopting itself quickly to position for different OS. Blackberry was a leader with BBM but sloped badly holding on to its own OS. Actual migration and integration with other OS was sadly delayed and hence the general feeling Whatsapp is better than BBM. Features wise BBM is any day far better than Whatsapp. But majority always rules and Whatsapp wins hands down!

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    10-03-15 04:12 AM
    Why not? If you use a BlackBerry, the messages all feed into the Hub.

BB, Still the One
    If i used Blackberry then yes i would still have BBM

But for now i dont use a Blackberry although i am hoping they will release a decent phone soon that i can come back to.
    10-03-15 02:39 PM
    BBM is annoying to me now more than anything else. The constant barrage of "please buy stickers" is really obnoxious.
    10-03-15 07:57 PM
    whatsapp was a lot better at adapting to changes than bbm. cross platform bbm would have been a huge success, but blackberry released it when whatsapp was already established as a multi platform solution.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk
    10-04-15 03:17 AM
    Yeah you may want to hold off on the spouting nonsense
    BBM is only more secure then whatsapp with BES10 supporting it.
    Are you sure? With BBM, others do not even know your phone number, just your pin. And I thought all BBM messages went through BlackBerry's own server in Waterloo that doesn't go down during things like Hurricane Sandy.

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 10-04-15 at 09:58 AM.
    10-04-15 06:13 AM
    Are you sure? With BBM, others do not even know your phone number, just your pin. And I thought all BBM messages went through BlackBerry's own server in Waterloo that doesn't go down during things like Hurricane Sandy.

BB, Still the One
    Nothing you have mentioned makes it any more secure
    Rello likes this.
    10-04-15 04:07 PM

BB, Still the One
    Actually no hurricane is required. Blackberry's own incompetence does the trick.
    10-05-15 06:40 PM
    Actually no hurricane is required. Blackberry's own incompetence does the trick.
    Well if Whatsapp went down, it wouldn't matter to business or government and I doubt if it would even be reported in the media.

BB, Still the One
    10-05-15 09:44 PM
    Well if Whatsapp went down, it wouldn't matter to business or government and I doubt if it would even be reported in the media.

BB, Still the One
    Nice deflection.
    If WhatsApp was down for three days it would get coverage.
    10-05-15 10:12 PM
    I've always used a BlackBerry device & BBM as my primary IM. Tried Whatsapp for a few months before moving back to BBM.

My BBM contacts (like a lot of people) have declined in recent years as my friends moved to iOS and android devices. When BBM went cross platform pretty much all my close friends were back to BBM....for a while. While I still continue to enjoy BBM on BB10 a lot of these people had less polished experiences on other OSes (keep in mind these were people who were used to the BBM from legacy devices). In general the iOS experience suffers more than android. From undelivered messages to no notifications while running in the background and battery drain issues (this one is hard to live with) the BBM app just isn't as reliable as whatsapp or imessage on other platforms. Which I believe is a basic for any IM app.

While I still use BBM and will continue to do so, I can't expect my friends to stick with a sub-par service on their OS of choice. I know I wouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:05 PM
161 ... 567