You know what bugs me alot. They state that Whatsapp has 600 million users, I wanted to see what the hype was all about, so I downloaded the app. Then i seen it wasn't for me, especially using my phone number. So I try and uninstall it and remove my account, i could not do that. try and call them and i get nothing done. so I delete the app and till this day i still get notices sent to me from Whatsapp. But I am not a user. How many more people are in the same boat?

Lets see how many people don't use the app, but are still counted as a user.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-02-14 at 11:44 AM.
    mikedolo likes this.
    10-31-14 11:49 PM
    It's actually 600 million ACTIVE users.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-31-14 11:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is that all? That's nothing there's like over a billion people on earth

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:05 AM
    Active user means they still have you listed as active. like i said i still receive notices.
    11-01-14 12:05 AM
    ? what is that? whassup? what?.

From my ? phone.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    11-01-14 12:35 AM
    We're talking smartphone users. There's approximately 1.7 billion smartphones users in the world. 600 million user is more than 1/3, which means one third who have smartphones use whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:48 AM
    Yeahh, I know what you mean now. I couldn't find anything on Google on how they count their active user base.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:51 AM
    Is that all? That's nothing there's like over a billion people on earth

Posted via CB10
    No man they're like 2 billion now :P

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    11-01-14 12:53 AM
    That number is not correct. I am counted as one of those 600 million, so minus me thats 599,999,999 users. lets see how many people say the same thing.

mhg0157
    I had eight contacts listed as using it when I downloaded it, and in months not a one of us ever exchanged a message on it. They all used text.

1 hour ago

Bla1ze
    Me, for one. I never use my WhatsApp account.
    11-01-14 01:02 AM
    So I try and uninstall it and remove my account, i could not do that. try and call them and i get nothing done. so I delete the app and till this day i still get notices sent to me from Whatsapp.
    If you deleted the app, how are you still getting notifications from Whatsapp? It sounds like it was never properly uninstalled. What problems were you encountering while failing to uninstall it?
    11-01-14 03:29 AM
    I use it and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:34 AM
    I dont like whatsapp aftwr the latest leak. The backbar is taking to much screen(Q10).

On BBM you can hide this action bar. And thats perfect!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:01 AM
    Whatsapp 600 million users-bbm-indo.jpeg

z30 144gb
    potatoguy likes this.
    11-01-14 04:04 AM
    ^
    So what?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:07 AM
    You know what bugs me alot. They state that Whatsapp has 600 million users, what they don't mention is that more then half dont use the account. I wanted to see what the hype was all about, so I downloaded the app. Then i seen it wasn't for me, especially using my phone number. So I try and uninstall it and remove my account, i could not do that. try and call them and i get nothing done. so I delete the app and till this day i still get notices sent to me from Whatsapp. But I am not a user. How many more people are in the same boat?

Install the android Apk of whatsapp and then login and then delete the account. Probably intentionally the blackberry version doesn't allow you to delete your account.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 06:24 AM
    Couldn't get past the phone number use. Never installed, never will.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:51 AM
    We're talking smartphone users. There's approximately 1.7 billion smartphones users in the world. 600 million user is more than 1/3, which means one third who have smartphones use whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and we all know it is complete bull. I know no one who uses it regularly, end of story. There is a little cottage industry trying to figure what the real number of active users really is.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:03 AM
    You know what bugs me alot. They state that Whatsapp has 600 million users, what they don't mention is that more then half dont use the account. I wanted to see what the hype was all about, so I downloaded the app. Then i seen it wasn't for me, especially using my phone number. So I try and uninstall it and remove my account, i could not do that. try and call them and i get nothing done. so I delete the app and till this day i still get notices sent to me from Whatsapp. But I am not a user. How many more people are in the same boat?

Why does it bug you a lot? Whatsapp gets a lot of negative views here. I don't understand why? Is it because it competes BBM?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bsbudd, m1a1mg, Rello and 2 others like this.
    11-01-14 09:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    It all depends on what they term as active. Active accounts or active postings.
    11-01-14 09:21 AM
    Am I counted as active BBM user even though I don't use it since all my 40 something contacts switched to Whatsapp? The hatred for other platforms / application competing with Blackberry is just incredible on this forum. Non of the mobile companies will pay your rent or give you something for free including Blackberry. Just enjoy your phone.
    Savior4Life and mornhavon like this.
    11-01-14 09:26 AM
    Active users is indicated by sending or receiving at least one message during the month. The same as BBM.

You guys get so wrapped around the hate you have for competitors, you lose focus.
    11-01-14 09:32 AM
    Why does it bug you a lot? Whatsapp gets a lot of negative views here. I don't understand why? Is it because it competes BBM?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Whatsapp biggest features is that it is free and the first to market with a cross platform chat app. Reliability is questionable , base offerings are outdated, no new services, voice doesn't work well, no video, attached files are lost, messages are dropped and go to the wrong person. And then they rape and pillage your privacy. It has changed since me and my family deleted our accounts (or at least so I thought) 10 months but I doubt it. BBM is just better for my messaging needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:36 AM
    i dont use this app as i dont like anyone that obtains my phone number to see my display pic and be able to message me. Beware they have your address book and you agree to it. Who knows what they will use it for in years to come
    MarsupilamiX and sk8er_tor like this.
    11-01-14 09:37 AM
    Uhm, no that is incorrect. Whatsapp apparently still considers me an active user despite the fact that I haven't used there service in 10 months. I know all the little tricks facebook uses to ensure they can categorize you as an active user. It's a bit laughable at a certain point.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:42 AM
    Couldn't get past the phone number use. Never installed, never will.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agreed.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:56 AM
151 123 ...