View Poll Results: What do you keep your phone on in school?
- 25. You may not vote on this poll
09-08-08 01:53 AM
- So, my school has a really big policy against cell phones. People still use them though, and I do as well. What do you guys usually keep your phone on while in school? Vibrate or silent? The vibrate is faint and I sometimes don't even feel it, but I feel like if we were taking a test it would definitely be audible.09-07-08 10:53 AM
- My univ doesnt have such a policy but I keep it on vibrate because I dont like phones ringing in the middle of lectures or seminars. If my univ did have a big policy against cell phones, I'd put mine on silent and in my bag.
Last edited by ADberry; 09-07-08 at 11:05 AM.09-07-08 10:58 AM
I'm done with school. However, I would probably just leave mine on but in vibrate mode tweaked (only vibrate once). I know some people that had their phones confiscated and worse, tests failed. Hey, there's a threat out there. Blackberry messenger, sms, yahoo, etc. Anyone can convey info back and forth. So, I understand some of this. Personally, I would be OK if everyone would leave their phone silent or vibrate mode. I find it very rude and disturbing for devices to go off and off while you are trying to listen or sleep in class.09-07-08 11:23 AM
- Although the college I attend does have a very strict cell policy, it is rare any of the Professors follow it. Most just tell us put it on vibrate during lecture and silent for test and if we may be expecting a important call just put it on vibrate in our lap and if you get the call, just get up and go outside for the call then come back. As one professor said.. you can not put the outside world on hold and things happen. He would rather us come and get the information, then not come because we "might" get a call about our child or our best friend might call cause she got engaged. Life happens, just deal with it as quite as possible.
LOL The college has a policy if the professor hears the phone it is to be taken up and given to the dean and we are told to leave class counted absent and to get the phone back write a 3 page paper on why we had our phone out and on. The attendence policy is strict so if it was followed no one would every pass a class cause we are only allowed to miss 2 class periods a semester.
Yeah they are strict but the have a excelent program... they have a right to be.09-07-08 11:25 AM
- Well I'm in high school and the policy is if they see it, they take it. You can have it in a case, but not out using it. I keep it on vibrate most of the time in class and only turn it off during state tests. I'm pretty good at not getting caught using it (I even have a notebook with a BlackBerry sized hole cut in it, but that's another story.... ) During regular tests, I've had it vibrate several times in silent classrooms and nobody has heard it. Just don't take it out during tests and you should be fine.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-07-08 11:43 AM
- TheSultanThe Sultan of CrackBerryMy prof (I'm only taking 1 class) is pretty lenient with cell phone use, why I have no idea. She said we could leave it on vib, but I've NEVER used vib. It just seems like I'm making my phone go through fits of seizure or something. Making an electronic device vibrate like that can't be good long term.
Therefore, all vibrate functions are turned off my device.09-07-08 11:48 AM
- avt123O.G.LOL The college has a policy if the professor hears the phone it is to be taken up and given to the dean and we are told to leave class counted absent and to get the phone back write a 3 page paper on why we had our phone out and on. The attendence policy is strict so if it was followed no one would every pass a class cause we are only allowed to miss 2 class periods a semester.09-07-08 11:54 AM
- amazinglygracelessRetired ModWhy no option for OFF, because when I am in any class that is
it's status. Not the universities or Professor's policy. It's mine.
I am paying too much in tuition to be effin' around with my phone.
Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-07-08 at 05:56 PM.09-07-08 04:11 PM
- 09-07-08 05:01 PM
- 09-08-08 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD